U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In much of the debate over immigration, there is an underlying question: Are today's immigrants assimilating into the mainstream as easily as past generations?
The answer, at least in New York City, is an unqualified "yes," according to the results of a 10-year study involving more than 3,000 young men and women, most of them in their 20s.
Immigration Study: 'Second Generation' Has Edge : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 06:49 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Mach50;4985788]Well that is 2 people I have first handedly seen run off because of age on this forum, remember ProLogic? 2 good members, that added a lot to this forum only to be harassed because of age and accused of naivety.

Seriously you folks just accused Crisp of many things all because of his viewpoint on birthright citizenship. He was basically sharing his opinion and you "adults" did nothing but say "Crisp, there is no way you can honestly believe this, you must be too young or have a hidden agenda". That is copout of a response, I have heard 1 too many times.

About Birthright Citizenship, I openly came out and said I was born to an illegal immigrant mother, I am now a proud US citizen and to you folks you would call me an anchor baby. My mother made the right move for me and my brother, she got us away from a corrupt government and we are now all Americans, and Americans that lay our "Anchor Baby" resume next to anyones and be proud.

I have realized that I am seeking a fair community that add negatives and positives of all forms of immigration, and not constantly venting personal feelings against one certain group of them.

So like a good "Anchor baby", let me lift the Anchor and sail away...

I am done adding to this forum as well.
Wow, that was quick, you were gone what an hour or two? You didn't give anyone enough time to celebrate your departure.

What happened, did you reconsider after you didn't get the sympathetic response you were hoping for? Man I hate idle threats *struggles to put cork back in vintage bottle of champagne*

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-25-2008 at 07:35 AM..

Old 08-25-2008, 08:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Mach50;4985788]Well that is 2 people I have first handedly seen run off because of age on this forum, remember ProLogic? 2 good members, that added a lot to this forum only to be harassed because of age and accused of naivety.

Seriously you folks just accused Crisp of many things all because of his viewpoint on birthright citizenship. He was basically sharing his opinion and you "adults" did nothing but say "Crisp, there is no way you can honestly believe this, you must be too young or have a hidden agenda". That is copout of a response, I have heard 1 too many times.

About Birthright Citizenship, I openly came out and said I was born to an illegal immigrant mother, I am now a proud US citizen and to you folks you would call me an anchor baby. My mother made the right move for me and my brother, she got us away from a corrupt government and we are now all Americans, and Americans that lay our "Anchor Baby" resume next to anyones and be proud. I have realized that I am seeking a fair community that add negatives and positives of all forms of immigration, and not constantly venting personal feelings against one certain group of them.So like a good "Anchor baby", let me lift the Anchor and sail away...

Wow-there is a big part of the problem in this country-"proud to be an anchor baby". Proud that one's parents broke the law and that the 14th amendment was manupulated to their advantage. Proud to come here and make a mockery of a country's laws. That is the typical illegal and anchor baby attitude. To me-that equates to being proud to own a family business that one's parents stole from someone else.

Sorry-there is nothing-not one thing-positive about this illegal invasion. If you want to debate positives and negatives about legal immigration that would be a totally different story.

Aren't you the one mach who would occasionally accuse others of being biased in their argument? It seems to me you stated that people who had their ID stolen by illegal aliens would be biased in their argument. It is now quite obvious how biased your arguments were. No wonder you defended lawbreakers.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Quote:

About Birthright Citizenship, I openly came out and said I was born to an illegal immigrant mother, I am now a proud US citizen and to you folks you would call me an anchor baby. My mother made the right move for me and my brother, she got us away from a corrupt government and we are now all Americans, and Americans that lay our "Anchor Baby" resume next to anyones and be proud. I have realized that I am seeking a fair community that add negatives and positives of all forms of immigration, and not constantly venting personal feelings against one certain group of them.So like a good "Anchor baby", let me lift the Anchor and sail away...

Wow-there is a big part of the problem in this country-"proud to be an anchor baby". Proud that one's parents broke the law and that the 14th amendment was manupulated to their advantage. Proud to come here and make a mockery of a country's laws. That is the typical illegal and anchor baby attitude. To me-that equates to being proud to own a family business that one's parents stole from someone else.

Sorry-there is nothing-not one thing-positive about this illegal invasion. If you want to debate positives and negatives about legal immigration that would be a totally different story.

Aren't you the one mach who would occasionally accuse others of being biased in their argument? It seems to me you stated that people who had their ID stolen by illegal aliens would be biased in their argument. It is now quite obvious how biased your arguments were. No wonder you defended lawbreakers.
Agreed. That being said, without the admission, it isn't rocket science figuring out what the motive is of those who condone this illegal alien invasion and the abuse of the 14th Amendment and the compassion of US citizens along with the idiocy and greed of our "government".

Those who support this invasion, always have gained or will gain from it because:

(a) They want their alien friends and family who are here illegally to be granted amnesty;

(b) They are anchor babies who have benefited from this invasion and the abuse of the 14th Amendment;

(c) They are wealthy individuals or corporate masters who benefit from the services of or financial wealth they gain from hiring illegal aliens who depress American wages and suck the tax payers dry in lieu of the corporate masters providing equal rights or benefits to their illegal "employees"

(d) They are ethnocentric racists or part of an ethnocentric racist group receiving tax dollars to push the OBL agenda.

Another great post Nic wish I could rep you!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:53 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Because this is New York City and most study participants are the children of people who came to the United States 20 to 30 years ago, their parents either entered legally or found it relatively easy to obtain legal status even if they came illegally
Yes, this certainly would apply to our current illegals.....NOT!

I have mentioned on several occasions the fact that illegal alien DREAMies and anchor babies post on this forum. Consequently, I have been admonished by pro-illegals, or ridiculed for my outlandish accusation. Mach50's anchor baby admission validates my assertion.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, this certainly would apply to our current illegals.....NOT!

I have mentioned on several occasions the fact that illegal alien DREAMies and anchor babies post on this forum. Consequently, I have been admonished by pro-illegals, or ridiculed for my outlandish accusation. Mach50's anchor baby admission validates my assertion.
Unfortunately, we all have. His admission of being an anchor only serves to validate what we already do and were ridiculed and insulted for having the "audacity to state it.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Thanks JDubsmon-

Yes Benicar and JDubsmom-you and others have been nothing short of demonized for even suggesting that some posters on here are anchor babies or dreamies. The admission by mach does infact validate many of our suspicions of some who post here.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Unfortunately, we all have. His admission of being an anchor only serves to validate what we already do and were ridiculed and insulted for having the "audacity to state it.
It will be interesting to see if we have anymore cathartic admissions prior to departure.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It will be interesting to see if we have anymore cathartic admissions prior to departure.
Even if we do, like Blackknight, they will hope their "departure" post is buried so that they don't have to eat crow upon their expedient return/change of heart.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Even if we do, like Blackknight, they will hope their "departure" post is buried so that they don't have to eat crow upon their expedient return/change of heart.
Oh, so we have 3 departures....Crisp, Mach, and Blacknight? I didn't know BK had also left. DREAMies do have to return to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration