U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Wow you're pretty heartless. I am NO fan of illegal immigrants, I want them out as well...BUT it isn't the kids fault.
Well; being the son of a legal immigrant, the 48 YO mother should have thought about her actions prior to getting preggers

BTW: my father immigrated here from Hungary in 1951; he had a sponsor, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,309 posts, read 25,686,634 times
Reputation: 10567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
It isn't that I necessarily disagree 100%, however...in a christian nation you would think that a little more concern would be shown for the child, not the mother necessarily, but a defenseless child...come on people.
So, Kereczr . . . according to your logic, or lack thereof, we should not incarcerate bank robbers, murderers and/or rapists if they have children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,040,338 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
So, Kereczr . . . according to your logic, or lack thereof, we should not incarcerate bank robbers, murderers and/or rapists if they have children?
Maybe only the christian ones should be let go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2008, 04:31 PM
 
Location: US
3,078 posts, read 3,339,152 times
Reputation: 1628
With all due respect, I disagree. I think you are missing the point. This one child, whose parent is lawbreaker, is being celebrated. Why? Because the politicians are pandering for the illegal alien and their supporters' votes. This flys in the face of those enforcing the laws. I understand this child may be an innocent, but to celebrate her plight over all else is unconscionable to me and, frankly, makes me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
It isn't that I necessarily disagree 100%, however...in a christian nation you would think that a little more concern would be shown for the child, not the mother necessarily, but a defenseless child...come on people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2008, 04:47 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
It isn't that I necessarily disagree 100%, however...in a christian nation you would think that a little more concern would be shown for the child, not the mother necessarily, but a defenseless child...come on people.
While I feel sorry for her she is not a little kid. She is a teenager who has been left to her own devices since her "mother" obviously got comfortable enough to wait on another amnesty instead of going out of her way to obey our pesky, inconvenient laws against illegal entry.

That being said, (if she is in fact an anchor)the daughter holds dual citizenship and she needs to determine if she misses her "mother" enough to live in Mexico or if she wants to remain here. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
What does being a Christian have to do with it? Why is religion even thrown into this? There is a religious forum on here if you wish to discuss religion. Don't try to imply that those who are for enforcing immigration law are unchristian.

How about all the defenseless American children who are molested by illegal aliens? How about the American children whose parents are murdered by illegal aliens? Sorry I guess my compassion is used up on them.

If anchor babies and dreamies find it so bad here-they can go back to their parent's country as we know anchors have dual citizenship.
Another great post! Kudos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 PM
 
630 posts, read 977,267 times
Reputation: 127
no one is stopping her from comming back to America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,999,351 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'm so pi$$ed I can't comment just yet.

This shows what side of the country Obama plans on representing.

He's lucky that's he's surrounded by security.
Could this be seen as a threat to a Presidential nominee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Could this be seen as a threat to a Presidential nominee?
Or; mkfarman could be concerned and voicing his fears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,056 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
It isn't that I necessarily disagree 100%, however...in a christian nation you would think that a little more concern would be shown for the child, not the mother necessarily, but a defenseless child...come on people.
That is just the tip of the ice burg, the anti-illegals don't care who get's hurt including a child, because they do not consider them human .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top