U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
I suggest you gain some reading comprehension skills before trying to question someones logic. I said the mother is guilty, the child is not. I was directing my post toward a poster that was showing vitriol even for the child.
With all due respect, Kereczr, maybe you should consider rereading your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So you really believe that $5 an hour is standard wage for packing house work in Iowa? Do you really believe that rural Iowans are adverse to working in packinghouses?

No, I think $5.00 would not be worth even putting gas in the car.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
The bottom line is that its the teens mother who created the mess, left her in this situation and its the illegal alien mind set that everyone should just ignore the crimes these people commit. This teen can return to mexico with her mother. Then when she is 18 return to the states if she should want to.Its a crappy deal but its the deal her mother created.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:57 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have never met a U.S. citizen that lost their job to a Illegal, have you?
I wonder also why would someone lose THEIR JOB to an Illegal, unless they do a better job, or if it is because because they are cheaper.
If it is because of a paycheck, they should sue for discrimination.
Yes I do PERSONALLY know people who have lost their jobs to illegals.
There was Gwyn who worked in a meat packing facility in the Okla Panhandle. She and all the other regular employees were slowly, systematically and methodically removed from their positions and replaced with illegals. That meat company is now out of business because they kept processing bad contaminated meat.................

The second is Wayne, who ran a small lawn service. He was undercut repeatedly by companies that used cheap illegal labor. He was told several times by former customers that though his service was better the other "guy" was cheaper...........

SO yes sassy I do know two people directly. One for over 40 years and one for over 20 sooooooooooo..........................can you acknowledge personal ant3cdotes or can you ignore them as well???????????????.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Quote:
Then it is down to wages. I have lived my whole life in the United States and I do remember the days of the farmers. butchering but we are also losing this.
So what are you saying? That by accepting a criminally low wage, the illegals are somewho absolved in this? Back in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries the labor movement in America really took off. Do you know why? Because businesses were paying substandard wages, provided unsafe work environments (triangle shirtwaste factory, anyone?) and kept their employees scared. The success of the labor unions were due to the employees banding together, in the face of dire poverty, violence and the use of scab labor. These poor illegal immigrants who only want a better life are in fact scab labor, sassyone, who are being used to effectively destroy unions and yes...the american way of life.
My grandfather (an immigrant himself) only had an eigth grade education. He was still able to work and support his family on his wages...fair wages thru the railroad. My other grandfather (a fourth gen. Californian) also didn't have an education, but was able to support his family. Can that be said of today? What options do young americans have if they are not 'college material'? None, sassy, they have none. And that is in thanks to the corporate greed backed by our own governments complicity and yes....the illegal immigrant himself.

Oh, and plenty of Iowans, Nebraskans, Kansans, S and N Dakotans, Montanians, Wyomingions, etc... know how to butcher, and are not adverse to doing it. If the pay was up to par and safety regulations enforced, the Kosher plant would have had a waiting list of employees. But then, they might not have made quite as much money

Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Quote:
I have never met a U.S. citizen that lost their job to a Illegal, have you?
I wonder also why would someone lose THEIR JOB to an Illegal, unless they do a better job, or if it is because because they are cheaper.
If it is because of a paycheck, they should sue for discrimination.
I have met plenty of people at some of the rallys and political events that I go to who have lost their jobs or businesses to illegals. NO-it is not due to their work habits either. It is plain and simple economics. Greedy employers by hiring illegals have caused many industries' wages to decrease. Just look at construction. A close friend from hs who started a landscaping business right after hs over 20 years ago refused to hire illegal labor. He did things the right way and wanted to hire Americans and pay them a decent wage with benefits-how very horrible of him. How can an honest and hardworking guy compete with a slimeball competitior who will pay $3 an hour and no benefits? He lost his business.

Our own board member- Guy has lost quite a bit due to this illegal invasion-he has posted about it quite frequently.

How about the Lone Protestor-ever heard of him?

There are so many more-I could go on and on.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Have you figured out what a Pro-Illegal is yet? It is sad but so true that they believe their own speil on things'.

WE DO CARE ABOUT AMERICANS AND THEIR CHILDREN, in fact I'm holding the American flag while I post.
I bet there's a flame at the end of your "American flag" as well. Or, perhaps your flag is inverted under a Mexican flag. Please.....spare us your brand of patriotism.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:32 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,974,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
It isn't that I necessarily disagree 100%, however...in a christian nation you would think that a little more concern would be shown for the child, not the mother necessarily, but a defenseless child...come on people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
With all due respect, Kereczr, maybe you should consider rereading your post.
Okay, now you show me where in my quote I say ANYTHING whatsoever in regards to not punishing the kids mom. I said that a little more concern should be shown for a kid. Didn't say the kid should stay in america, didnt say the mom should stay, said nothing about not punishing the mother. I said it would be nice if more concern were shown for the kid. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:20 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Yes I do PERSONALLY know people who have lost their jobs to illegals.
There was Gwyn who worked in a meat packing facility in the Okla Panhandle. She and all the other regular employees were slowly, systematically and methodically removed from their positions and replaced with illegals. That meat company is now out of business because they kept processing bad contaminated meat.................

The second is Wayne, who ran a small lawn service. He was undercut repeatedly by companies that used cheap illegal labor. He was told several times by former customers that though his service was better the other "guy" was cheaper...........

SO yes sassy I do know two people directly. One for over 40 years and one for over 20 sooooooooooo..........................can you acknowledge personal ant3cdotes or can you ignore them as well???????????????.

Why did the employees that were let go, not go to the authorities and
they say that ICE will pick them up.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 AM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
As with many Anchor babies who were born of Mexican parents (Illegal), she has the advantage of dual American/Mexican Citizenship. Mexico says that if one parent is a Mexican citizen then any offspring are also Mexicans. She can go to Mexico with an American Passport or Birth Certificate in hand and cross the border any time she feels like it. Such a deal. They love it. Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration