U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Why did the employees that were let go, not go to the authorities and
they say that ICE will pick them up.
Perhaps they did. Do you think sending illegals home is as easy as a call to ICE and voila all is right. I wish it were. I have called the immigration authorities before several times while residing in more than one state. They do not just take your call and go pick people up. If you are lucky to get someone who listens seriously-then you are just that-lucky. Do you seriously think these ICE raids are made right after one citizen makes a phone call? The raids are usually after months or more of investigation not to mention the politics and red tape of it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Could this be seen as a threat to a Presidential nominee?
You really do like to stir the chit, don't you?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:04 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Why did the employees that were let go, not go to the authorities and
they say that ICE will pick them up.
So rather than acknowledge a truthful answer to your question as put, you counter with a veiled attack that it is their fault by not reporting it to Ice.

Is it possible to acknowledge that anyone anti ILLEGAL is perhaps right???????

Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Perhaps they did. Do you think sending illegals home is as easy as a call to ICE and voila all is right. I wish it were. I have called the immigration authorities before several times while residing in more than one state. They do not just take your call and go pick people up. If you are lucky to get someone who listens seriously-then you are just that-lucky. Do you seriously think these ICE raids are made right after one citizen makes a phone call? The raids are usually after months or more of investigation not to mention the politics and red tape of it all.
They also had prior warnings. Even I knew there was going to be a raid in Mississippi, I just didn't know where. It's been all over the internet.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 PM

638 posts, read 1,637,758 times
Listening to the lies coming from illegal aliens and their supporters, it raises questions of their sanity -- are they deranged? Have they have been telling these lies to themselves so long they actually believe them?

Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
So rather than acknowledge a truthful answer to your question as put, you counter with a veiled attack that it is their fault by not reporting it to Ice.

Is it possible to acknowledge that anyone anti ILLEGAL is perhaps right???????
Not so different than to blame the rape victim for the crime. Well did you wear sleazy clothes? Well if you knew the bad man was following you why didn't you call the police? Then its your own fault.
What I don't get is how some can justify illegals and the harm they do to others as acceptable because after all they need a better life.
Maybe they do better work thats why they get the job. NO they work for about 50 % of the cost of a legal. Thats why they get the work.
Why don't people sue? Uhmmm because the cost to sue when sleazy employers have legal crews to mask their crimes is to high. Lets not forget these folks have lost their sourse of income.
Face the facts. Illegals are hurting fellow americans. They are taking food from our mouths. There are victims of this crime.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Listening to the lies coming from illegal aliens and their supporters, it raises questions of their sanity -- are they deranged? Have they have been telling these lies to themselves so long they actually believe them?
Bingo . . . For more than a little while now, I have believed they are and indeed they have lied to themselves and each other for so long reality is no longer remotely an option. Even if I could rep you again, it would not convey how dead on I know your statement is.

Talk about the hammer meeting the nail.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
That is quite plausible.............or machismo in the face of almost certain punishment if caught here illegally.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:27 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
I would qualify for SSDI(Disability) if I signed up, but never have. Just out of curiousity, I checked with Social Security to see how much I'd qualify for. = 969.00 a mo,.
Still curious, I called the Health and Welfare Board to see if I qualified for food stamps if I was on Disability Insurance. Sure I would....$12.00 (twelve dollars) worth of food stamps per month.
Illegals a drawing $1200.oo to $1800.oo a mo, on welfare alone. Along with 2-300.00 in food stamps.

I quess we reemburse them for what ever they send back home.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,458 times
yeah its not my fault for this ...geezes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration