Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:25 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,375,095 times

Advertisements

TIJUANA – Elisa Morales Guzmán was a typical American teenager. She attended high school, hung out with her friends and dreamed of becoming a famous actress.

But one afternoon last May, while at her best friend's house, Elisa received a call from her mother, who told the teen that she had just been deported.

The news shattered the 15-year-old's world.

Esther Morales Guzmán, 48, who had lived in the United States without legal documents for 18 years, was arrested by immigration authorities near her home in the San Francisco Bay Area. The next day, at 4 a.m., she was dropped off in Tijuana, along with 50 others.

In an instant, Elisa became one of the thousands of children caught up in the nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants.

Elisa will emerge from that anonymity this week at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, where she has been invited to speak at a forum about her family's experience.

Sen. Barack Obama and key party leaders have been invited to the forum, being presented by Hermandad Mexicana, an organization that advocates for the human rights of immigrants.

The Los Angeles-based group chose Elisa as its spokeswoman on the plight of U.S.-born children separated from their parents who are deported.

“I want to say that (the U.S. authorities) are driving families apart, little by little. I want people to hear me, to hear us.”
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Mexico > Tijuana & The Border -- U.S. teen whose mom was deported to tell story at convention

Just when you think you've heard it all, here's yet another deranged child whose poor excuse for a mother has been here illegally for 18 years but she's blaming law enforcement for her "mother's" 18 years' worth of crime.

Dear God, we have suffered enough, please get these criminals and their delusional offspring out our country. AMEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 02:27 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
TIJUANA – Elisa Morales Guzmán was a typical American teenager. She attended high school, hung out with her friends and dreamed of becoming a famous actress.

But one afternoon last May, while at her best friend's house, Elisa received a call from her mother, who told the teen that she had just been deported.

Esther Morales Guzmán, 48, who had lived in the United States without legal documents for 18 years, was arrested by immigration authorities near her home in the San Francisco Bay Area. The next day, at 4 a.m., she was dropped off in Tijuana, along with 50 others.

In an instant, Elisa became one of the thousands of children caught up in the nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants.

Elisa will emerge from that anonymity this week at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, where she has been invited to speak at a forum about her family's experience.

Sen. Barack Obama and key party leaders have been invited to the forum, being presented by Hermandad Mexicana, an organization that advocates for the human rights of immigrants.

The Los Angeles-based group chose Elisa as its spokeswoman on the plight of U.S.-born children separated from their parents who are deported.

“I want to say that (the U.S. authorities) are driving families apart, little by little. I want people to hear me, to hear us.”
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Mexico > Tijuana & The Border -- U.S. teen whose mom was deported to tell story at convention

Dear God, we have suffered enough, please get these criminals and their delusional offspring out our country. AMEN.
Wow you're pretty heartless. I am NO fan of illegal immigrants, I want them out as well...BUT it isn't the kids fault.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,603,786 times
So, she couldn't go with her mom and return when she turned 18 or whenever she could become self supporting? What am I missing here?

Old 08-25-2008, 02:34 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,293,583 times
Quote:

Just when you think you've heard it all, here's yet another deranged child whose poor excuse for a mother has been here illegally for 18 years but she's blaming law enforcement for her "mother's" 18 years' worth of crime.

I couldn't agree more. They all need to leave now.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Wow you're pretty heartless. I am NO fan of illegal immigrants, I want them out as well...BUT it isn't the kids fault.
And it's not mine either. These "children" need to stop blaming America for having laws and start blaming their breeders for their criminal actions that has "separated their families".

If I go out and rob someone today and 18 years later I get caught, do you think the police are going to forgive me for my past transgressions? They can't have it both ways. They know that what they are doing is illegal yet they proceed to live their lives in limbo. This person has made no effort to legalize her status, but you expect me to feel sorry for her or the child that SHE HAD NO PROBLEM BRINGING INTO HER CRIMINAL WEB OF DECEIT?

If criminals don't have a problem putting their own children in jeopardy, why in the world should we?

Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,293,583 times
Quote:
And it's not mine either. These "children" need to stop blaming America for having laws and start blaming their breeders for their criminal actions that has "separated their families".

If I go out and rob someone today and 18 years later I get caught, do you think the police are going to forgive me for my past transgressions? They can't have it both ways. They know that what they are doing is illegal yet they proceed to live their lives in limbo. This person has made no effort to legalize her status, but you expect me to feel sorry for her or the child that SHE HAD NO PROBLEM BRINGING INTO HER CRIMINAL WEB OF DECEIT?

If criminals don't have a problem putting their own children in jeopardy, why in the world should we?

Great post- I agree 100%

Old 08-25-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

I couldn't agree more. They all need to leave now.
The insanity of it all. They don't seem to have any problem leaving their children behind. Then again, if they're being used as chattel, they have outlived their usefulness. The children, on the other hand seem to be just as mentally unstable. Nothing is ever their fault. It doesn't get any more crazier than these people.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Great post- I agree 100%
Thanks Nic. They've run out of excuses and have truly worn out their welcome. It is indeed way past time for all of them to leave.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So, she couldn't go with her mom and return when she turned 18 or whenever she could become self supporting? What am I missing here?
You aren't missing a thing. They however, appear to be missing logic and any form of functional brain activity.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,364,228 times
I'm so pi$$ed I can't comment just yet.

This shows what side of the country Obama plans on representing.

He's lucky that's he's surrounded by security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration