U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
because i dont have a problem with them.

you guys do.

after all the whining you guys do on here im offering a proactive solution for this "problem".

and thats the thanks i get?

you guys could also try voting.
What "solution" have you provided? It's very difficult to take you seriously, when all you have done since arriving on this forum is spew insults at the regular members. If as you stated, you only come here to laugh at the ridiculous posts -- why are you commenting? Why not simply lurk?

I have no problem debating an issue. However, you have been quite explicit in your disdain for the anti-illegal posters; and thus far, you have added nothing substantive to the discussion. If you want to engage in meaningful discourse, why not stop the pubescent taunts and get down to business. Why not grace us with your intellect. Otherwise, I’m through playing with you in the sandbox.

BTW, I do vote. I also call, write, fax, and email elected officials on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 05:13 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
really? did you know that this forum(immig) was created out of the LA and TX threads. mostly LA. the LA forum was filled with anti illegal stuff. thats my home forum so to speak. the LA one. I and many other people got tired of having the LA forum flooded with illegal stuff. so this forum was created. i been coming here for a while. i come, i go. ebb and flow. "lurk".
but i dont attack. or insult. unless attakced first.
i try to reason with people. but some people you cant reason with. when i feel it gets personal i PM the person. i dont want to drag the board into a back and forth, like now. but these people here take offense to DM's. they explicitly bring it back on the board and say "dont PM me". they make it very personal. i'r rather not play that game. but it is fun. i get a kick out of it.

as for providing solutions.

i did provide you with a solution...

for the topic of this thread...
tell all your buddies who work at these plants to rat out the employers who hire illegal workers.

dont you guys read?

as for other solutions to the illegals.

build a bigger fence. make it 10 meters tall. build two fences.

i got solutions. but sometimes they aint what posters here would like. when it isnt they are quick to come for me. sling insults, put those like toungue sticking out faces, act down right silly.

i hope you tell them the same thing you tell me.

ask them why they come here and "bait" the pro-illegal posters

it goes both ways.

and thank you for your civic involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What "solution" have you provided? It's very difficult to take you seriously, when all you have done since arriving on this forum is spew insults at the regular members. If as you stated, you only come here to laugh at the ridiculous posts -- why are you commenting? Why not simply lurk?

I have no problem debating an issue. However, you have been quite explicit in your disdain for the anti-illegal posters; and thus far, you have added nothing substantive to the discussion. If you want to engage in meaningful discourse, why not stop the pubescent taunts and get down to business. Why not grace us with your intellect. Otherwise, I’m through playing with you in the sandbox.

BTW, I do vote. I also call, write, fax, and email elected officials on a regular basis.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,909,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
LAUREL, Miss. — Federal immigration agents said they uncovered 350 suspected undocumented workers in a raid on a Mississippi electrical equipment plant Monday, hours after sealing all entrances amid reports their sweep had idled normal operations

"This is a targeted enforcement operation that is part of an ongoing ICE investigation that has revealed that illegal aliens are employed at Howard Industries," Gonzalez said, adding late Monday that agents were still interviewing plant workers.

FOXNews.com - Feds: Hundreds of Suspected Illegal Workers Found at Mississippi Plant - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Obviously these 595 workers were not hired according to federal law. This fraudulent activity by Howard Industries cheats our tax system, social security, and labor laws and places an unfair burden on legitimate businesses, individual taxpayers and medical, municipal, and social services of the surrounding community.

We need an immigration policy now! A position somewhere between Sanctuary Nation and Send Them All Home needs to be developed.

Some ideas as a starting point for a compromise can be found under Citizenship and Security at the link below.

Opinion Topics

Old 08-28-2008, 05:44 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Solutions are not at all out of reach just distasteful to politicians.
1. Stiff fines for employers who knowingly hire illegals. compounded by the number of illegals hired. Jail sentences in federal prisons. No country clubs for these scumbags.
2. Stiff fines for landlords who knowingly rent to illegals compounded by number of offences. Jail terms should not be out of the question.
3. Illegals should be deported when caught. all assets confiscated and applied towards the cost of deportation.
Remove the work.
Remove the home.
Remove the gains.
Not hard to see that it would work. But politicians are only concerned about re-election and they sweat the hispanic vote. Hispanics constitute the largest % of illegals.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Solutions are not at all out of reach just distasteful to politicians.
1. Stiff fines for employers who knowingly hire illegals. compounded by the number of illegals hired. Jail sentences in federal prisons. No country clubs for these scumbags.
2. Stiff fines for landlords who knowingly rent to illegals compounded by number of offences. Jail terms should not be out of the question.
3. Illegals should be deported when caught. all assets confiscated and applied towards the cost of deportation.
Remove the work.
Remove the home.
Remove the gains.
Not hard to see that it would work. But politicians are only concerned about re-election and they sweat the hispanic vote. Hispanics constitute the largest % of illegals.
Exactly. The thought of America becoming Amexico is the sum total of our worst possible nightmare.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly. The thought of America becoming Amexico is the sum total of our worst possible nightmare.
Hmmm it is a dreadful thought. But hey the mind set is we have so much we should just give it all away. Why? Uhmmm uhhhhh because its said so on the statue of liberty. Last time I checked thats a statue, not the laws of the land and that was a long time ago.
Whats changed in that time?
Women can vote.
Blacks can vote and even run for President.
Oh and our population is over 300,000,000. We have less resourses than ever.
And there is that minor issue about oh yeah we have immigration laws.
Sorry its not written anywhere that those who live south of the border deserve special treatment. Deportation is not unreasonable and should be the expected outcome for violating our laws.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:22 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Let the pro illegals keep talking...............

Despite their denials.............it is becoming a living hell here for illegal immigrants and their enablers.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
really? did you know that this forum(immig) was created out of the LA and TX threads. mostly LA. the LA forum was filled with anti illegal stuff. thats my home forum so to speak. the LA one. I and many other people got tired of having the LA forum flooded with illegal stuff. so this forum was created. i been coming here for a while. i come, i go. ebb and flow. "lurk".
but i dont attack. or insult. unless attakced first.
i try to reason with people. but some people you cant reason with. when i feel it gets personal i PM the person. i dont want to drag the board into a back and forth, like now. but these people here take offense to DM's. they explicitly bring it back on the board and say "dont PM me". they make it very personal. i'r rather not play that game. but it is fun. i get a kick out of it.

as for providing solutions.

i did provide you with a solution...

for the topic of this thread...
tell all your buddies who work at these plants to rat out the employers who hire illegal workers.

dont you guys read?

as for other solutions to the illegals.

build a bigger fence. make it 10 meters tall. build two fences.

i got solutions. but sometimes they aint what posters here would like. when it isnt they are quick to come for me. sling insults, put those like toungue sticking out faces, act down right silly.

i hope you tell them the same thing you tell me.

ask them why they come here and "bait" the pro-illegal posters

it goes both ways.

and thank you for your civic involvement.
Pardon me, but I fail to make the connection between the establishment of a separate immigration forum (for whatever reason) and your inappropriate behavior. It is not true that you were the victim. Unless I missed those discussions (very possible), what I saw was you being the instigator by insulting and antagonizing posters from your initial post on this forum; and you continue to do so.

In response to your question: Don’t you guys read? Yes, I can, and do read. Your so-called solution……....“tell all your buddies who work at these plants to rat out the employers who hire illegal workers”-- was not a solution, and you know it. Nor was it intended as such. It was your attempt to annoy, and inflame. Had you stated, “If you know someone who works with illegals, perhaps you can convince them to anonymously report their unscrupulous employer to the authorities” – your intent, and the ensuing responses would have been different. As I’m sure you know; it’s not always “what” you say, but “how” you say it.

As for your other “suggestions” -- if posters “come for you” that is part and parcel of debating, is it not?

Perhaps if you change your hostile tone, and stop attacking posters, others would be more receptive to your comments; irrespective of your stance. First impressions, albeit often wrong, are very hard to overcome. Why not try being a little more civil and you may encounter more civil responses, and be taken seriously.

Clearly, you are pro-illegal, and that is your prerogative. I am anti-illegal. The fact that we differ in our opinions, does not mean we must be archenemies; nor, does it preclude engaging in a friendly debate. I’m sure under that obnoxious veneer, there is a decent guy just itching to escape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or