Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 PM

5 posts, read 9,506 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]My heart is bleeding[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I just stopped working today and it devastates me…..the reason is not because I had enough money and I wanted to have a little rest, not because I didn’t like the job, and even if I didn’t I would not afford leaving it. I loved the job and it was huge opportunity for me but I had to leave it because I wasn’t working legally. And I decided to confess myself to my employers and tell them the truth[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Some situations in life make you realize how bad it is t judge people easily without knowing what they are going through. When I was in my own country I used to judge people who were trying to work illegally in a foreign country and my answer was always ‘’ you do not have to stay like that! Just come back home’’ ….but it is not that simple. And in extreme situations you rather work illegally than steal…[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I came here as a F2 visa for love for my husband who works here legally but is not a citizen. Now the funniest of this story is that when you come here as a F2 it means you depend on the person who you are coming for, implying that you do not have the right to go to school, and do not have the right to WORK; you just have the right to stay as long as needed, meaning as long as your husband will be here in a legal situation.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]When you do not expect such a situation, it is very hard to accept and you rapidly start endorsing the drawbacks in your daily life… After a few months it was just no longer possible to leave like that. Not only is it hard for an ambitious person, skilled, with degrees, and a strong will to succeed, finding herself forced to keep herself from working, but also it was clear that with my husband only salary we wouldn’t make it .There came the time when I started getting informed about my situation, my possible options and I realized I couldn’t really expect miracles with my type of visas[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I posted my resume on carrier builder, monster, h1bvisa jobs…. Nothings worked. What depressed me even more is the number of calls I was receiving everyday from companies willing to interview me and stepping back as soon as I was introducing my problem…’’we cannot provide you with a working permit. Call us back when you get one’’ HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO GET ONE WHEN YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN HELP ME? …. It was very hard for me to admit that I cannot work in the USA, not because I am not qualified, not because I am lazy, oh no, not because I do not have the will to succeed, but just because I was not born in the right place at the right time…[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I still remember when me and my husband were going to the post office or any other service of the same type and were facing unskilled and impassionate people behind their desk, waiting for the day to end, the month to end and get their paycheck. I remember telling my husband that I want to tell them to be happy were they are, to thank God they are working and to take profit of it, because if I was in their shoes, with the same chances it would take me a year to become a manager and couple of years to be even better…[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]That’s how months were going by, no job, no change….the lawyers were all telling me the same things and some even proposed me to get divorced from my husband, get married to an American and marry my husband back in a few years when I get my papers….No I do not want that…I am in a legal situation in the USA, I can drive, I can have a bank account…I just can’t work….and that’s all I am asking for. Most of the lawyers I saw told me that the other option then would be to find THE Company that would want to sponsor me. It is not very hard for companies to sponsor foreigners but most of the time, why would they go through all this process just for YOU when they can have someone else right away, cheaper, who does not require all that, with the same skills or even better….I knew I wasn’t that exceptional to hope for it. But still I tried. I applied for the h1b visa through companies like DUPONT but I was not qualified because it is much easier for people with IT degrees or other sciences…my bachelors in business is nothing but exceptional….[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Then came the time when I decided to apply for a job at XXXX. This company has always been my dream job place since I was 15. I already knew my chances to be hired but it was my last try. I knew that I couldn’t go anywhere because of the inaccessible working permit and I knew that even more because me and my husband came to the point where I was ready to accept any type of job but even cleaning rooms require a working permit, I know because I tried that, but also babysitting, waitressing …..[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]So I decided that my last attempt would be the dream job I was talking about and my desperation was at the highest point, making me ready to anything to WORK. I used somebody else’s papers…. Yes I did….and a few years from now I was seeing this situation so far from mine, that I was judging, thinking that it only happens to others….I did… and it worked…I was hired…started working….started making money, starting loving the job, the brand I was working for, the people…..Then it started getting to heavy to bear…. a false name a false birth date….making you starting wondering how long it is going to last…I was feeling in myself that I was getting better and better and when I was the star selling associate of the week , my heart was broken to see a name printed in big characters at the employees door, a name that is not mine….anytime I was thinking too much about that, the following week my number were not as great. But I kept on working hard, never called out and always willing to do better.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Too days ago it was my birthday and it devastated me to realize I couldn’t talk about it because it is not the same on the papers, since the papers are not mine…. I decided to talk…. I decided to admit everything and lose my dream job… lose the only job I was missing on my days of …the only place where I was seeing myself for the rest of my life….I had to quit….true that I took I big risk by saying the truth, I can still see their faces in chock…. I couldn’t ask for more than going home and thank God they didn’t call the police, because they were sympathetic even if they didn’t understand my I acted that way…because they don’t know what I have been through I know it was a very dangerous way of life, very risky... I have been in law school before going to business school. i know exactly what a regulation means but I didn’t have the choice….Now I feel like when you have just broken up with your boyfriend, and you sleep at night hoping that his call will wake you up in the morning…but he won’t call you and you are going to have to start over, get strong and think about the good things God offers you…you are alive, healthy, and the ones you love are alive and healthy as well, anything besides that, you can get over it.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]This is my story….extreme situations get to extreme actions…and as a lovely wife and mother, you are ready to do anything to offer your children a descent life….[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Thanks for reading[/FONT][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,419 times
KiKi, my heart breaks for you...here you are legally, and you cannot share your expertise with this country. I understand the reasons why there are rules like these, but my feeling has always been that if you are willing to pay for your and your family's benefits, not expecting anything from the government, and never been arrested... then you should be able to get the other kind of visa that allows you to work.

Could you go to the Visa office and ask anyone there how you might find a company to sponsor you? I'm wondering/guessing that these negotiations are probably made out of the country before you even move here. Do you know any other immigrant who has a working visa? Ask them advice on how to find a sponsor. Google organizations that help people get working visas. Call immigrant organizations asking how to get one.

I don't know what these sites are, but CD is advertising:

Overcome the H-1B Barrier - Need sponsorship for a US career? Get it with our proven system. (Overcoming the H-1B Barrier to US Employment)

H1B Visa Sponsors & Jobs - Find all h1b visa and green card sponsors and their new openings (www.MyVisaJobs.com)

H-2B Workers - Summer is almost over... Extend your stay with a new job! (CIEE - work, travel, study and exchange programs for students, teachers, employers, schools and families)

Good luck and God Bless.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 PM

5 posts, read 9,506 times
Default thx

thx so much MSV...thx... lets keep on praying for this magic company that will want ME lol i feel like i did everything but we never know
you message definitely got me hopeful and stronger
thank you
thanks again Bless you too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration