U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 PM

472 posts, read 628,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana123 View Post
Yes i'm cuban living in America, so what's your point, does that not make me a good person.I'm a legal citizen for 50 yrs. The cubans coming in could be bad & good, but i don't think as bad as the terrorists living here, those are the one's we should worry about & they're still here. Yes my husband is an American, but his German & Italian descendants came here as i did & so did yours & many others as i was told when i became a citizen. These people are trying to make a better life in this beautiful country who opens the doors to everyone. God Bless America. And by the way many cubans are too proud to even go on welfare & many are very well educated. Have a nice day
My point has nothing to do with whether or not you are a good person. I assume you are a good person.
My point is that as a citizen of the U.S. for 50 years you should think of yourself as American first rather than Cuban.
You're correct in that my grandparents immigrated to this country, and became American, not remaining German or Irish.
The U.S. is a beutiful country with one of the most liberal immigration policies in the world, but the doors are not open to everyone. There are rules, regulations, and laws concerning immigration. It would be nice if everyone would abide by our laws rather than sneak in.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 01:05 AM

18 posts, read 62,529 times
Yes i'm an American first, but we're called Cuban American. I'm sure most of these people just coming in are not the best Cuba has. When Castro opened the doors even the dogs left.I understand the situation we're in, to allow more illegals, we have enough problems here, but if we were there & had a chance to get the hell out wouldn't you..... Cuba is just 90 ml. from Florida & thats why they come here. Hopefully if they don't have to go back they become good citizens & not keep giving us good cubans a bad name.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 PM

197 posts, read 231,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Two Groups Step Foot On Key Biscayne

POSTED: 11:04 pm EDT August 25, 2008
UPDATED: 10:36 am EDT August 26, 2008

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Two separate groups of Cuban migrants are in the custody of Customs & Border Patrol after coming ashore along Key Biscayne Monday night.

The first group of 33 migrants, including 10 women and five children, were picked up on Soldier Key and transported to No Name Harbor.

The second group of migrants, numbering more than 30, walked ashore shortly after the first group was discovered.

According to one of the migrants who spoke with Local 10 News, the groups left Cuba last Wednesday.

"It's been a very long journey. We're all tired. We even have little kids," the man said. "We've been through thirst, hunger. We had to walk a lot -- there in Cuba, here in America too."

Since they reached land, they will most likely be allowed to stay in the U.S. because of the "wet foot, dry foot" immigration policy.

Cuban Migrants Come Ashore - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami (http://www.local10.com/news/17294976/detail.html - broken link)

Another form of American destruction that needs to be abolished.

I am nothing but proud of these new americans, I am sure they will contribute positively to our country like the vast majority that came before them, WELCOME TO MIAMI

Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,483,140 times
JDubs take your complaints to your Congressperson but you are so blinded by your hatred of all immigrants legal or ilegal you don't see that Cubans are allowed to enter legally because they are fleeing a COMMUNIST regime in Cuba. In case you didn't know Cubans are one of the most well educated immigrants and contribute positively to American society. They have incomes on par with white Americans, run sucessful businesses and are politically active. When is the last time you heard of a Cuban gang or gangbanger? They don't exist since we Cubans pride ourselves on education, hard work and upward mobility.We are proud Cubans but also very proud Americans who are grateful to this nation for the opportunities given to us.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,919,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
JDubs take your complaints to your Congressperson but you are so blinded by your hatred of all immigrants legal or ilegal you don't see that Cubans are allowed to enter legally because they are fleeing a COMMUNIST regime in Cuba. In case you didn't know Cubans are one of the most well educated immigrants and contribute positively to American society. They have incomes on par with white Americans, run sucessful businesses and are politically active. When is the last time you heard of a Cuban gang or gangbanger? They don't exist since we Cubans pride ourselves on education, hard work and upward mobility.We are proud Cubans but also very proud Americans who are grateful to this nation for the opportunities given to us.
I agree with lots of what you say, but don't even begin to act as if there are no Cuban gangs or gangbangers.

The Latin Kings are one of the largest, most notorious gangs in the USA, at least the East Coast. Luis Felipe, who founded the New York faction, was born in Cuba.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:22 PM

46 posts, read 54,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
Your husband is an AMERICAN of Italian & German descent.
You, on the other hand, are a CUBAN living in America.
There is a BIG difference.

Really, what is that difference????

Old 05-01-2009, 02:42 AM

804 posts, read 1,175,488 times
This is mildly amusing, in other topics a lot of the posters are against illegal immigrants because they are breaking the law, and state that they should be punished as any "real" U.S. citizen would be.

Yet, when dealing with Cubans, all of whom, enter legally to the country, they lobby to remove the law that allows them to enter the U.S. legally. This brings the point, are they just afraid about immigration in general and cloak behind the standard of legality when persecuting illegal immigrants. And I wonder who is really more of a U.S. citizen, the one who just happened to be born in the U.S. or the one who had to endure many hardships, and maybe be outside of the law, in order to became a U.S. citizen. Again, maybe they are both the same.

-Kellem

Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM

46 posts, read 54,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
This is mildly amusing, in other topics a lot of the posters are against illegal immigrants because they are breaking the law, and state that they should be punished as any "real" U.S. citizen would be.

Yet, when dealing with Cubans, all of whom, enter legally to the country, they lobby to remove the law that allows them to enter the U.S. legally. This brings the point, are they just afraid about immigration in general and cloak behind the standard of legality when persecuting illegal immigrants. And I wonder who is really more of a U.S. citizen, the one who just happened to be born in the U.S. or the one who had to endure many hardships, and maybe be outside of the law, in order to became a U.S. citizen. Again, maybe they are both the same.

-Kellem

You've got it right, another myth debunked!!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,284,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Two Groups Step Foot On Key Biscayne

POSTED: 11:04 pm EDT August 25, 2008
UPDATED: 10:36 am EDT August 26, 2008

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Two separate groups of Cuban migrants are in the custody of Customs & Border Patrol after coming ashore along Key Biscayne Monday night.

The first group of 33 migrants, including 10 women and five children, were picked up on Soldier Key and transported to No Name Harbor.

The second group of migrants, numbering more than 30, walked ashore shortly after the first group was discovered.

According to one of the migrants who spoke with Local 10 News, the groups left Cuba last Wednesday.

"It's been a very long journey. We're all tired. We even have little kids," the man said. "We've been through thirst, hunger. We had to walk a lot -- there in Cuba, here in America too."

Since they reached land, they will most likely be allowed to stay in the U.S. because of the "wet foot, dry foot" immigration policy.

Cuban Migrants Come Ashore - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami (http://www.local10.com/news/17294976/detail.html - broken link)

Another form of American destruction that needs to be abolished.
We will never agree on immigration issues. With that said, a huge plus 1 for you for being consistent.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
We will never agree on immigration issues. With that said, a huge plus 1 for you for being consistent.
Thank you. A huge plus +1 for your integrity, civility and honesty despite our being on opposite ends of the spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration