U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,064,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Camping! I have seen a lot of people running to Catholic schools to get away from illegals but I haven't seen much evidence of illegals going to those schools..maybe it varies from school to school, depending on how 'prestigious' (mostly white*) they are..

* I mean that in a sarcastic way -- I hate white-flight private schools.
My experience is with schools in predominantly hispanic neighborhoods, and yes they do get reduced or free tuition with the archdiocese picking up the rest.
You are right, though....a school in a rich neighborhood would not accept not pay for a poor hispanic student to go there unless they were really hurting for students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:58 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,920,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Again, the only reason hispanics are tied to the illegal immigration debate has less to do with 'brown faces' as some would imply, but with the facts that: a) most illegals come via the southern border
b) Groups like laraza and mecha live to defend the illegals --- and if I'm not mistaken, they are hispanic in origin.
c) The mexican flag is flown proudly at illegal rallies
d) Protests are done in Spanish, their signs are in spanish and again, if I am not mistaken, spanish is not the common language of either china or belerus.
e) Most illegals are in fact, hispanic.

So, if you as an hispanic individual are sick of having illegal and mexican/guatamalan/hondoran or any of the other nationalities sob tied together.....blame your community activists. They are the ones that set this 'racist' train in motion.
Truer words were never spoken . . .Another great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or