U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
JUST LOOK AT THIS THIRD WORLD CESSPOOL:
The old decaying cities of the midwest and Northeast look a lot more like cesspools than California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The old decaying cities of the midwest and Northeast look a lot more like cesspools than California.
I try not to generalize but there are ugly parts of states in the U.S, there are nice parts, and there are ridiculously nice parts.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:55 PM

32,805 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
I try not to generalize but there are ugly parts of states in the U.S, there are nice parts, and there are ridiculously nice parts.

And then there are the barrios. S E San Diego is scary even in the daytime. I bet even you wouldn't hang out over by the WIC office in CV after dark.

All big cities have ghettos it's just a bummer that the ones in LA, San Diego and other border cities like Houston and Phoenix are growing exponentially due illegal immigration.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And then there are the barrios. S E San Diego is scary even in the daytime. I bet even you wouldn't hang out over by the WIC office in CV after dark.
Why would I be hanging outside of a WIC office anyway? And if there were no L.A barrios we wouldn't have Low riders . Even my neighbor who is from Hawaii has one!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

All big cities have ghettos it's just a bummer that the ones in LA, San Diego and other border cities like Houston and Phoenix are growing exponentially due illegal immigration.
Indeed all big cities have ghetto's. I don't think there is a city in the U.S that doesn't have a ghetto. Look at New York back when immigrants were flooding in via Ellis Island. Parts of new york looked like a dump. And to make matters worse, people would dumb escrements out their windows.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
The thing is, California cities just arent that old. New York and Philly and Jersey are all hundreds of years old.
California has only been decaying for what? 50 years?

Old 08-30-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The thing is, California cities just arent that old. New York and Philly and Jersey are all hundreds of years old.
California has only been decaying for what? 50 years?
San Francisco is pretty old. It was one of the first major cities in California, back when the Spanish settled it in 1776.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:22 PM

582 posts, read 1,786,484 times
Quote:
Indeed all big cities have ghetto's. I don't think there is a city in the U.S that doesn't have a ghetto. Look at New York back when immigrants were flooding in via Ellis Island. Parts of new york looked like a dump. And to make matters worse, people would dumb escrements out their windows.
Guess what race lives in this house?They come in all races and colors guys.Let's stop the madness and not pre judge.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
San Francisco is pretty old. It was one of the first major cities in California, back when the Spanish settled it in 1776.
The biggest city in California, Los Angeles, didnt really have an exploding population until within the past 50 years.
All the "bad neighborhoods" of today were inhabited by white people, then the black people, and now the Latino people.
As bad as people make out LA and southern california to be, it isn't all that bad.

The older cities in the Northeast and midwest that have had a population of over a million for a very very long time, are a lot more dilapidated and older, a lot more decayed. And for some reason, crime is higher.

Its not really a generalization, I'm just saying "bad neighborhoods" in LA, SD, even San Francisco from my understanding, have only been "bad neighborhoods" for a few decades.

A lot of bad neighborhoods in the older cities have been bad for a long time.

As much as people want to say how certain areas of LA are starting to look like Tijuana, I think places in New York are more like Tijuana.
But I guess when they say that, they arent really talking about decay, theyre talking about the presence of Mexican folks and Spanish being spoken.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 PM

391 posts, read 740,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, you know of illegals working in your area? How do you know what they are being paid? More importantly, how do you know the employer doesn't know they are illegal? Are you assisting them? Are you employing them?

Source? Employers aren't exactly advertising their employment and exploitation of illegals; as you well know. However, you are free to research. The exploitation of illegal aliens is well documented. Google.
sorry my souces are private. I take the 5th. I will nort incrimate myself or the others,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or