U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2008, 01:55 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Some people need a reality check...The USA is far from being/becoming a third world country.
Your point of view? Depends on where you were before you entered the US and whether or not you did so illegally. Those of us who are born and bred TRUE AMERICANS (not transplants or anchor babies) have a different memory of a FAR BETTER AMERICA. I say this as someone who lived through the civil rights movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Your point of view? Depends on where you were before you entered the US and whether or not you did so illegally. Those of us who are born and bred TRUE AMERICANS (not transplants or anchor babies) have a different memory of OUR AMERICA, and I say this as someone who lived through the civil rights movement.
what??? And how do you know this person is here illegally? Assumptions much? The U.S. is not a third world country, maybe where you live people don't care about the neighborhood, hence what, there's a bunch of trash in the streets & yards? Does speaking spanish automatically convert a country to third world status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
what??? And how do you know this person is here illegally? Assumptions much? The U.S. is not a third world country, maybe where you live people don't care about the neighborhood, hence what, there's a bunch of trash in the streets & yards? Does speaking spanish automatically convert a country to third world status?
Don't twist my words to suit your needs. Listen kar FART, you have no clue about anything of a personal nature about me. If you did you would realize that I am so far removed from what you are obviously describing as YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD it's laughable.

Stupid Much? THE KEY TO READING IS COMPREHENSION. Good luck with your allergic reaction to the concept!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't twist my words to suit your needs. Listen kar FART, you have no clue about anything of a personal nature about me. If you did you would realize that I am so far removed from what you are obviously describing as YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD it's laughable.

Stupid Much? THE KEY TO READING IS COMPREHENSION. Good luck with your allergic reaction to the concept!
Wow, you really are a mature person, aren't you? And such a mild temper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wow, you really are a mature person, aren't you? And such a mild temper.
*Yawns . . .* Don't flatter yourself. You're hardly worthy of a rise in my temper. Your bridge awaits you, hurry before the tide rises and washes your pallet away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
*Yawns . . .* You're hardly worthy of a rise in my temper. Your bridge awaits you, hurry before the tide rises and washes your pallet away.
You know what? Why don't you take some time & cool off, your viciousness is getting the better of you. Your reaction to my post was totally out of line, there was nothing in my post to cause your embarrasssing anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You know what? Why don't you take some time & cool off, your viciousness is getting the better of you. Your reaction to my post was totally out of line, there was nothing in my post to cause your embarrasssing anger.

and then woke up. I've wasted enough of my valuable time on you troll . . . moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:18 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Your point of view? Depends on where you were before you entered the US and whether or not you did so illegally. Those of us who are born and bred TRUE AMERICANS (not transplants or anchor babies) have a different memory of a FAR BETTER AMERICA. I say this as someone who lived through the civil rights movement.
Absolutely. First of all-many parts of this country have gone downhill and a lot of that is due to this illegal invasion. However-some of the posters here assume that because we are dicussing this that our neighborhoods are "third world". No my neighborhood is not but that does not mean I don't care about how downhill other areas of the country are headed. That does not mean that I don't care about poor Americans who don't have the resources to move out of neighborhoods that have been taken over by illegals. I am angry about every neighborhood being turned into a third world hell hole like some already have. Sorry but I don't subscribe to Ted Kennedy liberalism-NIMBY. I care about these neighborhoods being run over by illegals even if it is a place I have never been to or will never visit. I care about what this invasion is doing and has done to my country and my fellow Americans. I also care about how much more potential damage that could happen to every corner of this country if we do not get a hold on it.


Also-on another thread- a few posters accused those of us who are for enforcing the law of something interesting and that really made me think. Their accusation was that we must all be miserable based on the content of our posts. That could not be further from the truth. I live in a state and a neighborhood that has been affected much less by illegals than in other parts of the country. Of course-the illegal population is growing as no where in our country is immune. However- I am angry none the less. I am angry at what my fellow Americans in CA, TX, MD, IL, NY, AZ, etc. have experienced from this illegal invasion. I am angry at my once great state of NJ now being nothing more than a sanctuary state. Just because I am angry about this invasion does not mean I am miserable. Just speaking up about an injustice does not make one miserable. One can still lead a happy and productive life. I think that is the reason that we are all fighting so hard- to preserve the American way of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
and then woke up. I've wasted enough of my valuable time on you troll . . . moving on.
Pot, meet kettle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Ocala, Florida
173 posts, read 550,625 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I think that title is an exaggeration..
Whoever wrote it has never been to a third world nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top