U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,359,311 times
Reputation: 1832

Advertisements

Quote:
what??? And how do you know this person is here illegally? Assumptions much? The U.S. is not a third world country, maybe where you live people don't care about the neighborhood, hence what, there's a bunch of trash in the streets & yards? Does speaking spanish automatically convert a country to third world status?

That is her MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Your point of view? Depends on where you were before you entered the US and whether or not you did so illegally. Those of us who are born and bred TRUE AMERICANS (not transplants or anchor babies) have a different memory of a FAR BETTER AMERICA. I say this as someone who lived through the civil rights movement.

Anyways, If you have a memory of a "FAR BETTER AMERICA" it is because you are old. Who cares if you lived through the civil rights movement. No one in my family has ever been illegal, an anchor baby, or a transplant. And you are definitely not more American then my family . Members of my family have fought and served so you can have the right to flap your gums...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
That is her MO.

Anyways, If you have a memory of a "FAR BETTER AMERICA" it is because you are old. Who cares if you lived through the civil rights movement. No one in my family has ever been illegal, an anchor baby, or a transplant. And you are definitely not more American then my family or I.
Old? I don't think so.

Did I ask you to care? NOPE. Do I care what you think, NOPE. Do I care about your family NOPE. Guess that door swings both ways and makes your sarcastic gibberish masquerading as a response or personal attack a moot point.

NEXT . . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Absolutely. First of all-many parts of this country have gone downhill and a lot of that is due to this illegal invasion. However-some of the posters here assume that because we are dicussing this that our neighborhoods are "third world". No my neighborhood is not but that does not mean I don't care about how downhill other areas of the country are headed. That does not mean that I don't care about poor Americans who don't have the resources to move out of neighborhoods that have been taken over by illegals. I am angry about every neighborhood being turned into a third world hell hole like some already have. Sorry but I don't subscribe to Ted Kennedy liberalism-NIMBY. I care about these neighborhoods being run over by illegals even if it is a place I have never been to or will never visit. I care about what this invasion is doing and has done to my country and my fellow Americans. I also care about how much more potential damage that could happen to every corner of this country if we do not get a hold on it.


Also-on another thread- a few posters accused those of us who are for enforcing the law of something interesting and that really made me think. Their accusation was that we must all be miserable based on the content of our posts. That could not be further from the truth. I live in a state and a neighborhood that has been affected much less by illegals than in other parts of the country. Of course-the illegal population is growing as no where in our country is immune. However- I am angry none the less. I am angry at what my fellow Americans in CA, TX, MD, IL, NY, AZ, etc. have experienced from this illegal invasion. I am angry at my once great state of NJ now being nothing more than a sanctuary state. Just because I am angry about this invasion does not mean I am miserable. Just speaking up about an injustice does not make one miserable. One can still lead a happy and productive life. I think that is the reason that we are all fighting so hard- to preserve the American way of life.
Truer words . . . ITA. Each day I become more appreciative for the life I am blessed with. We are fortunate that they cannot afford to invade our neighborhoods. However, because Americans are not all of the same race, they assume that we don't care about each other. I love my life, but I love my country more and I refuse to watch my American brothers and sisters die and suffer at the hands of people who enter this country illegally and do nothing but *****, moan, complain and demand everything that they are too cowardly to fight for in their homelands.

My great, great grand parents were slaves and my parents and grandparents marched in the civil rights movement, my people died for OUR RIGHTS AND FULL CITIZENSHIP. These illegal alien whiners from SOB have done nothing but hitch a ride on the backs of the civil rights movement and run across the border shrieking in labor to anchor their children to the backs of 14th Amendment and the civil rights movement. All in the name of and while sucking and draining this country dry. Delusionally, they continue to pretend that they are contributing anything other than grief, chaos and destruction to our once lawful nation.

Illinois is an illegal alien tax draining sanctuary. I thank God everyday that I do not live in or pay taxes in Cook County. It's a blood sucking illegal alien cesspool and total embarrassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,359,311 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Guess that door swings both ways
First thing you understood since you started posting here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
First thing you understood since you started posting here...
Yawns . . . . save the drama for your mama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
No, we are not currently a third-world country. However, if this illegal alien invasion, outsourcing, and insourcing continue, we will most definitely fall into a third-world abyss.

The middle-class is systematically being eroded through the elimination of our manufacturing industries, HIB Visas, and illegal immigration. Professions previously providing a middle-class lifestyle, such as construction, now have been relegated to low wage status that only an illegal alien will accept.

The list of ďjobs Americans wonít doĒ continues to grow due to corporate greed. Legal citizens are being either replaced or denied jobs in favor of cheap illegal labor. This has had a profound effect on the average American worker. White-collar professions are not exempt. American IT professionals are being replaced by foreigners willing to work for less pay. In spite of a nursing shortage, nursesí wages are not being proportionately increased; which would be the normal response to a shortage. Rather, nurses are being recruited from foreign countries. Again, they are willing to work for less, because the lowest wages here still far surpass the wages in their countries of origin.

Few professions are safe. Donít think because you have a college degree you will be spared. American companies have acquired an insatiable desire for cheap labor; as evidenced by the despicable behavior of the multi-billionaire Bill Gates. If corporations are able to recruit foreign workers, be they low-skilled or professional, they will. If this current trend continues, many comfortable American professionals will have their lackadaisical and flippant attitudes replaced by the despondency of the unemployment line. Donít think it canít happen to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,359,311 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, we are not currently a third-world country. However, if this illegal alien invasion, outsourcing, and insourcing continue, we will most definitely fall into a third-world abyss.

The middle-class is systematically being eroded through the elimination of our manufacturing industries, HIB Visas, and illegal immigration. Professions previously providing a middle-class lifestyle, such as construction, now have been relegated to low wage status that only an illegal alien will accept.

The list of ďjobs Americans wonít doĒ continues to grow due to corporate greed. Legal citizens are being either replaced or denied jobs in favor of cheap illegal labor. This has had a profound effect on the average American worker. White-collar professions are not exempt. American IT professionals are being replaced by foreigners willing to work for less pay. In spite of a nursing shortage, nursesí wages are not being proportionately increased; which would be the normal response to a shortage. Rather, nurses are being recruited from foreign countries. Again, they are willing to work for less, because the lowest wages here still far surpass the wages in their countries of origin.

Few professions are safe. Donít think because you have a college degree you will be spared. American companies have acquired an insatiable desire for cheap labor; as evidenced by the despicable behavior of the multi-billionaire Bill Gates. If corporations are able to recruit foreign workers, be they low-skilled or professional, they will. If this current trend continues, many comfortable American professionals will have their lackadaisical and flippant attitudes replaced by the despondency of the unemployment line. Donít think it canít happen to you.
I agree with you 100%. This is what I have been saying for some time. Greed fuels the invasion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I agree with you 100%. This is what I have been saying for some time. Greed fuels the invasion...
If you agree with Benicar's post how can you thrash the OP?? Both posts are saying the same thing, only the OP draws it out to the inevitable conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 08:36 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
If you agree with Benicar's post how can you thrash the OP?? Both posts are saying the same thing, only the OP draws it out to the inevitable conclusion.
Agreed. In their world, it always helps to shoot the messenger. Those of us who reside in the real world realize it's their way of somehow believing it invalidates the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,359,311 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
If you agree with Benicar's post how can you thrash the OP?? Both posts are saying the same thing, only the OP draws it out to the inevitable conclusion.
Quote:
No, we are not currently a third-world country.
Read carefully...

Quote:
Some people need a reality check...The USA is far from being/becoming a third world country.
What I said. And we both blame the greed of corporate America for fueling the illegal immigrants.

Quote:
America - The Newest Third World Nation
Posted by the OP

Now, take off you cheer leading outfit...Make a post on how the US is or is not a third world country. Ethiopia is a third world country... Not the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top