U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Back when the first wave of immigrants arrived via Ellis Island, the living standards in parts of immigrant packed New York were indeed decreasing by the minute. Some of these neighborhoods have gotten better, some haven't because of the flood of Puerto Rican migrants living in places where Italians predominantly were.
Well nowadays anywhere there are lots of illegal aliens there is a corresponding drop in living standards. As more and more come, the living standards get lower and lower.

These same illegal aliens are depressing the wages of native American workers, lowering their incomes and making them less able to increase their standard of living, and more likely to suffer from a lowered one. They are, in some cases, putting Americans completely out of work, causing a higher use of social service programs while simultaneously lessening the tax base that supports those very programs.

It's a recipe for disaster, and the cooking time is almost up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Well nowadays anywhere there are lots of illegal aliens there is a corresponding drop in living standards. As more and more come, the living standards get lower and lower.

These same illegal aliens are depressing the wages of native American workers, lowering their incomes and making them less able to increase their standard of living, and more likely to suffer from a lowered one. They are, in some cases, putting Americans completely out of work, causing a higher use of social service programs while simultaneously lessening the tax base that supports those very programs.

It's a recipe for disaster, and the cooking time is almost up!
Well. New York city didn't exactly have a high standard of living back when the Italians and Irish were streaming in...

Last edited by ibarrio; 08-28-2008 at 04:59 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Well. New York city didn't' exactly have a high standard of living back when the Italians and Irish were streaming in...
Ancient history, and of no consequence or comparison to the ILLEGAL immigration of today...

Old 08-28-2008, 04:55 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Ancient history, and of no consequence or comparison to the ILLEGAL immigration of today...
I totally agree. The Irish and Italians were screened at Ellis Island. Yet another case of comparing apples to oranges in a sad attempt at the means justifying the end. Great post!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:56 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Well. New York city didn't' exactly have a high standard of living back when the Italians and Irish were streaming in...
That post is....
Attached Thumbnails
America - The Newest Third World Nation-grasping-straws.jpg  

Old 08-28-2008, 05:39 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That post is....
stroking a bunch of sticks??

Where the hell did you get that picture from?

Old 08-28-2008, 05:44 PM

470 posts, read 971,617 times
Living in San Diego I am seeing it turn into a 3rd world country. Too many people coming here to live treat the US just like the slums they lived in their native countries. Trash in the yards, broken down autos, filth everywhere. 3 families living in a house. Its not just people from Mexico, its Somalis and Asians and Arabs and on and on and on. My problem is they all think the rest of us owe them something. Plus, so many are not educated they spend all their spare time screwing and making babies, babies, babies. For God sake the women are always pregnant! And of course they all know how to work the system for handouts. For those of you wanting a melting pot, California is the place to be.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:54 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Living in San Diego I am seeing it turn into a 3rd world country. Too many people coming here to live treat the US just like the slums they lived in their native countries. Trash in the yards, broken down autos, filth everywhere. 3 families living in a house. Its not just people from Mexico, its Somalis and Asians and Arabs and on and on and on. My problem is they all think the rest of us owe them something. Plus, so many are not educated they spend all their spare time screwing and making babies, babies, babies. For God sake the women are always pregnant! And of course they all know how to work the system for handouts. For those of you wanting a melting pot, California is the place to be.
You have got to be kidding me. San Diego is the safest, cleanest big city in the country.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:05 PM

470 posts, read 971,617 times
Sure it is...if you live west of I-5 and north of I-8. South of downtown might as well just be blown up all the way to the border, its one big trash dump.

Last edited by trailtramp; 08-28-2008 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 08-28-2008, 06:39 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
I live in a melting pot. That doesn't sound like a melting pot it sounds like what it is a combination of 3rd world cultures and countries with no clue of what the words assimilation, hard work and humane living conditions means. It also sounds as if they are methodically destroying what used to be part of America.

Take my advice and if you can: Run for your life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or