U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:17 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
How about some Mcdonalds?

McDonalds is essentially Mexican food. Prepared by Mexicans . "But my teenager can't find a job!" Well sir. Your teenager is looking into the eyes of capitalism. Tough luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
McDonalds is essentially Mexican food. Prepared by Mexicans . "But my teenager can't find a job!" Well sir. Your teenager is looking into the eyes of capitalism. Tough luck.

Capitalism? I don't think so. If companies were profiting though ANY OTHER illegal means such as cooking the books, etc. there would be even more outrage and rightfully so. People would be demanding evil ceos go to jail, etc. Breaking laws to make a profit is not capitalism and is not what the framers of this country or capitalism intended.

Sorry but making profits through illegal means is not true capitalism.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:39 PM

105 posts, read 184,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Seamus and Vito came here LEGALLY with the desire to become Americans. Jose and his cohorts couldn't make a pimple on Seamus and Vito's A$$e$.
Is that so? Well, I happen to know plenty of "Seamuses" who are here illegally and have absolutely no interest in becoming American.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Capitalism? I don't think so. If companies were profiting though ANY OTHER illegal means such as cooking the books, etc. there would be even more outrage and rightfully so. People would be demanding evil ceos go to jail, etc. Breaking laws to make a profit is not capitalism and is not what the framers of this country or capitalism intended.

Sorry but making profits through illegal means is not true capitalism.

And then again, those are only isolated incidents in which illegals are used to work at fastfood restaurants

Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM

105 posts, read 184,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Haha! I happen to love italian, mexican, thai & indian food so they're all ok by me!

Exactly! More Mexicans, legal and illegal, means great food, and I'm all for that.

Speaking of, what would happen to the restaurant industry if there were no illegal immigrants here..

Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt View Post
Exactly! More Mexicans, legal and illegal, means great food, and I'm all for that.

Speaking of, what would happen to the restaurant industry if there were no illegal immigrants here..
Ever watch Anthony Bordaine's no reservation? The episode where he went to Mexico? Go to New York and look at the fancy restaraunts' back kitchens. You see Mexicans.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:21 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
well... She is "jdubs" mom...jdub is most likely her son's street/gangster moniker. She wants to accuse us of being illegals and anchors then i will accuse her of raising a thug.

She definitely can sling it...but can never take it in return.
lol!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I live in a melting pot. That doesn't sound like a melting pot it sounds like what it is a combination of 3rd world cultures and countries with no clue of what the words assimilation, hard work and humane living conditions means. It also sounds as if they are methodically destroying what used to be part of America.

Take my advice and if you can: Run for your life!
Run for your life? From San Diego? You've obviously never been. If you have, then "put down the pipe".

Old 08-29-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Sure it is...if you live west of I-5 and north of I-8. South of downtown might as well just be blown up all the way to the border, its one big trash dump.
are you for reals?

Lets see..east of the 5.. Clairemont, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Santa Fe

South of the 8,
Sunset Cliffs, Ocean Beach, Eastlake, a bunch of nice residential areas.

Are you even from San Diego?

Even the bad neighborhoods are nothing like LA.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:39 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,059,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
If you agree with Benicar's post how can you thrash the OP?? Both posts are saying the same thing, only the OP draws it out to the inevitable conclusion.
Exactly. Also,if ibarrio agreed, then s/he would not routinely support all of the arguments for why people should be rewarded for coming here illegally. I think the goal is simply to twist this into illegal immigration is solely due to big business and illegals have no responsibility in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or