Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:23 PM

391 posts, read 872,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, you endorse modern-day slavery. You do realize most illegals do not receive wages and benefits legal citizens would receive, don't you? You do realize many unscrupulous employers exploit them because they know illegals won't complain, lest they risk being reported and deported, don't you? You have no problem with this? You consider this capitalism? I guess the use of slaves on the plantations was also your idea of good ole capitalism?

It’s interesting how your comments fluctuate between being somewhat rational, when few pro-illegals are posting; and total off-the-charts illegal alien gloating, when you notice the presence of your cohorts.

What is your source? They are getting the same where I live because you do not know their status nor does the employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 04:30 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
What is your source? They are getting the same where I live because you do not know their status nor does the employer.

U need a source to figure out that the bunch in the Home Depot parking lot aren't making min wage?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Oh, you know of illegals working in your area? How do you know what they are being paid? More importantly, how do you know the employer doesn't know they are illegal? Are you assisting them? Are you employing them?

Source? Employers aren't exactly advertising their employment and exploitation of illegals; as you well know. However, you are free to research. The exploitation of illegal aliens is well documented. Google.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
U need a source to figure out that the bunch in the Home Depot parking lot aren't making min wage?
Thank you! Furthermore, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that employers hire illegal aliens because they can pay them less. Otherwise, they would simply hire a legal citizen and not have to worry about being raided by ICE.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you! Furthermore, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that employers hire illegal aliens because they can pay them less. Otherwise, they would simply hire a legal citizen and not have to worry about being raided by ICE.
and also know they have a higher chance of being bonded and insured.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:01 PM

391 posts, read 872,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

maybe it is where you live but I know here its about $10 per hour but alas it is a very small town

Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Where you live the min wage is ten bucks an hour? That is a pretty good chunk of change for min wage.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:14 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
maybe it is where you live but I know here its about $10 per hour but alas it is a very small town
$10 is far higher than the $6.55 federal minimum wage, even higher than San Francisco ($9.36) which I believe has the most generous minimum wage of any city and you're saying illegals are getting more this in your small town. Well this just lends support to the fact that illegals are indeed working jobs Americans will work since many Americans are getting paid far les than this.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
$10 is far higher than the $6.55 federal minimum wage, even higher than San Francisco ($9.36) which I believe has the most generous minimum wage of any city and you're saying illegals are getting more this in your small town. Well this just lends support to the fact that illegals are indeed working jobs Americans will work since many Americans are getting paid far les than this.
I would have killed for a job like that while going through College.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 PM

105 posts, read 208,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
are you for reals?

Lets see..east of the 5.. Clairemont, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Santa Fe

South of the 8,
Sunset Cliffs, Ocean Beach, Eastlake, a bunch of nice residential areas.

Are you even from San Diego?

Even the bad neighborhoods are nothing like LA.
No kidding. I used to live in San Diego, and to call it a hellhole is a real stretch--even for some here. Agree that it's one of the nicer big cities in the country.

But maybe it is a total cesspool for those who would seem to better enjoy living in a barb-wire enclosed compound in N. Idaho waiting for the apocalypse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration