U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Absolutely-great post. I agree- I hold them all equally guilty. An illegal alien still takes the action-of their own free will- to come here illegally and if they are working- commit some form of ID fraud or theft. No one made them take these actions-they did them of their own free will. Just because I am poor and my neighbor's door is left open with money, food, etc inside-that does not give me the "right" to walk in and take what I want nor should it give me immunity from breaking the law.
Well, the real test about where the biggest responsibility lies is 'would the illegals break in if the promise of a job wasn't waiting'? The obvious answer is, 'no, of course not, most of the illegals wouldn't break in'. If the scumbag employers of illegals hadn't been hiring the illegals all along then we wouldn't have an illegal Mexican invasion. Right?

The best tool we have right now to force the scumbag employers of illegals to stop hiring illegals is mandatory e-verification of the legal status of employees. The SAVE Act which calls for universal mandatory e-verification of the legal status of employees is being held up in Congress by the traitorous Pelosi and the Democrats. The reauthorization of the e-verify program itself is being held up by the scum Dem Sen Bob Menendez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,176,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, the real test about where the biggest responsibility lies is 'would the illegals break in if the promise of a job wasn't waiting'? The obvious answer is, 'no, of course not, most of the illegals wouldn't break in'. If the scumbag employers of illegals hadn't been hiring the illegals all along then we wouldn't have an illegal Mexican invasion. Right?

The best tool we have right now to force the scumbag employers of illegals to stop hiring illegals is mandatory e-verification of the legal status of employees. The SAVE Act which calls for universal mandatory e-verification of the legal status of employees is being held up in Congress by the traitorous Pelosi and the Democrats. The reauthorization of the e-verify program itself is being held up by the scum Dem Sen Bob Menendez.

Regardless- I still blame employers and illegal aliens equally-not to mention scumbag politicians and anyone else who aids ilegal aliens.

In addition to jobs being cut off- all freebies need to be cut off as well. Also- the ridiculous misinterpretation of the 14th amendment needs to be halted immediately.

I agree with you about the Save Act. Pelosi knows it has the votes to pass-that is why she will not let it get to the floor. Menendez-no big surprise there-he is about as pro-illegal as they come.

Since both presidential candidates seem to care more abot illegals that Americans- the best that we can do this election cycle is to vote in those in the house and senate who will secure the border, enforce all immigraton laws, vote down amnesty, extend E-verify and heavily fine and punish companies and anyone else who aids and abets illegals.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Regardless- I still blame employers and illegal aliens equally-not to mention scumbag politicians and anyone else who aids ilegal aliens.

In addition to jobs being cut off- all freebies need to be cut off as well. Also- the ridiculous misinterpretation of the 14th amendment needs to be halted immediately.

I agree with you about the Save Act. Pelosi knows it has the votes to pass-that is why she will not let it get to the floor. Menendez-no big surprise there-he is about as pro-illegal as they come.

Since both presidential candidates seem to care more abot illegals that Americans- the best that we can do this election cycle is to vote in those in the house and senate who will secure the border, enforce all immigraton laws, vote down amnesty, extend E-verify and heavily fine and punish companies and anyone else who aids and abets illegals.
We need to replace the CIR, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which is a codeword for amnesty, with CIE, Comprehensive Immigration ENFORCEMENT.

McShame seems to be a little more conservative lately about illegal immigration. Maybe he realizes that he'll never be able to out hispander bobama, 'I'll push amnesty through in my first year as President', nor get more than 1 out of 3 hispanics to vote for him. There are hispanics that don't want amnesty and there are some Democrats that don't want amnesty. Maybe he should back off some from hispandering and present more of an alternative to bobama on illegal immigration. He might pick up more of those 'blue dog' Democrats and still keep 1 out of 3 hispanics.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
We need to replace the CIR, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which is a codeword for amnesty, with CIE, Comprehensive Immigration ENFORCEMENT.
McShame seems to be a little more conservative lately about illegal immigration. Maybe he realizes that he'll never be able to out hispander bobama, 'I'll push amnesty through in my first year as President', nor get more than 1 out of 3 hispanics to vote for him. There are hispanics that don't want amnesty and there are some Democrats that don't want amnesty. Maybe he should back off some from hispandering and present more of an alternative to bobama on illegal immigration. He might pick up more of those 'blue dog' Democrats and still keep 1 out of 3 hispanics.
That's an excellent title for a new immigration bill! Yes, enforcement is the key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration