Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,513,630 times

Advertisements

I thought these were jobs the lazy Americans “won’t do.”

Quote:
Hundreds of job applicants lined up, eager to take advantage of the sudden job openings at the plant located in Jones County, where the unemployment rate is 6.3 percent.

It’s an idea that maddens Samantha Stevens, 18, of Heidelberg, who was among those who pulled up to Avenue A across from the plant’s entrance throughout the day. She said she has been unable to find a job since she graduated from Heidelberg High School in the spring and blames, in part, the willingness of companies to hire illegal workers.

“We were here first. It’s not fair for them to have a job,” she explained.

Gwendolyn Watkins, 40, of Stonewall said she drove 40 miles to Laurel to fill out an application with the electronics maker. She worked at Tower Automotive in Meridian as a production worker for eight months before job cuts in June left her unemployed.
http://oneoldvet.com/?p=7871#more-7871 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,299,535 times
Nah- I just don't beleive it

Americans want to work-the world must be coming to an end

More lies about American workers that are spread by these companies have been exposed as just that-lies. There are more than enough Americans not only qualified but willing to perform all types of work. Get rid of the illegals and there will be plenty of Americans in line-just like this.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,381,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

One lie at a time the American people are proving the global elitists and ethnocentric BS pushers wrong.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,513,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Nah- I just don't beleive it

Americans want to work-the world must be coming to an end

More lies about American workers by these companies exposed. There are more than enough Americans not only wualified but willing to perform all types of work. Get rid of the illegals and there will be plenty of Americans in line-just liks this.
Absolutely! The "jobs Americans won't do" mantra is increasingly being exposed for the blatant lie it is.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,099,562 times
Quote:
She said she has been unable to find a job since she graduated from Heidelberg High School in the spring and blames, in part, the willingness of companies to hire illegal workers.

“We were here first. It’s not fair for them to have a job,” she explained.

Of course it is not fair. How these Companies operate with impunity is beyond my comprehension.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:18 AM

756 posts, read 1,995,153 times
Good for them I hope all of them get the jobs and are paid well for their work, as someone who lived in ms. for years I know this has been a big problem-paying illegals 7dollars hr. -for a 10dollars hr. job.
I hope they take these jobs and I also hope that the company is fine big time for what they have done for years now

Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,582,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Not the case at all. The issues is that the illegals do the same job for less...

Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,463,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Not the case at all. The issues is that the illegals do the same job for less...
That is not the battle cry of the illegal aliens and those who support illegal immigration. They say, "We are only here to do the jobs Americans won't do". They do not say, "We are only here to do the jobs Americans will do for less money".

Old 08-27-2008, 11:45 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,321,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That is not the battle cry of the illegal aliens and those who support illegal immigration. They say, "We are only here to do the jobs Americans won't do". They do not say, "We are only here to do the jobs Americans will do for less money".
Yep, looks like the spin doctor is in the house!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:47 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,700,143 times
Funny thing happened in my community. We had dozens of illegals working on ourl landscaping a year ago, suddenly they are gone and low and behold they are being replaced by American workers and a bunch of very happy Jamacan guys with passports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration