U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,305,521 times

Advertisements

Employers who hire illegals should have their business shut down, plain and simple. Any business in American that uses the excuse that they can't "afford" to hire Americans and pay a fair wage should not be in the business! The rest of us have to run our businesses in such a way as to fairly compensate workers, pay taxes and worker's comp . . . if a business can't be run and do that . . . then they DESERVE to be shut down.

As another poster said earlier . . . this is all about profit-taking by stock holders and corporate execs, who get more $$ out of the till b/c of lowered wages.

Shut the employers down . . . and send the illegals back home.

BTW - why is it illegals come here, knowing if they get caught they will get deported, and when it happens, they act like we should all feel bad about it - worry about them and their kids, etc. They knew full well when they came that they were sneaking in.

They come, they get caught - ***'s up. It was likely to happen. Why are they wringing their hands now?

I feel for anyone who is treated unfairly, but these people CHOSE to come here illegally. It is not like someone grabbed them up and forced them into slavery.

Last edited by brokensky; 08-27-2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,695,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Hispanic culture places a high value on children regardless if they can afford them or not. I think affordability should be considered.

Yes , but interesting enough which I think is great - The more generation's we are here the smaller the family will be.
I feel to many people equal destroyed planet .

Some countries you could say it's a small army of kid's after being here several generation's it drop's to average which I think might be 1 to 2 kid's.

Ofcourse few generation's is long time and recent immigrant's still subscribe to lot's kids not all ofcourse but enough .

Old 08-27-2008, 02:43 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,695,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Strange, the employer hires illegals and then helps Immigration and Customs Enforcement to seal off exits? Sounds like the company struck a deal with the Feds.

I agree same employer who HIRED them now get's his stay out of jail free card after he had them as worker's who knows how long.

That's my problem with these raid's the employer's walk away .
They truly have burnt the candle at both ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration