U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

PUNTA GORDA: Congressman Tim Mahoney says the immigration system failed Officer Andrew Widman and his family. The Democrat covers congressional District 16 which includes Charlotte County.

“The immigration folks at ICE, I think made the wrong decision. They put this person out on the street,” Mahoney said.

He’s talking about Abel Arango. The convicted immigrant from Cuba accused of shooting and killing Fort Myers police officer, Andrew Widman on a downtown street July 18th.

“This tragedy that has befallen this family of 3 children will not happen again,” the Congressman added.

Mahoney announced at the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office his plans to create a bill that would crack down on convicted immigrants. He calls the bill, “The Officer Andrew Widman Criminal and Alien Enforcement Act.”


NBC2 News Online - SWFL congressman introduces tougher immigration bill (http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=21252&z=3 - broken link)
_________________

I find it somewhat disingenuous that he feels the need to wait until the remaining 2 weeks of his "vacation" is over before he starts drafting said legislation. The hypocrisy and lack of concern on the part of these "politicians when it comes to protecting the lives of American's victimized twice, first by illegal aliens and then by their negligence is mind boggling . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
 
286 posts, read 647,294 times
Reputation: 98
I think we should deport all the politicians with the illegal aliens, maybe then we can prevent this from becoming the United States of Mexico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,795,842 times
Reputation: 620
Hope the bill passes, any legal or illegal immigrant convicted of a felony should be deported ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:31 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
I think we should deport all the politicians with the illegal aliens, maybe then we can prevent this from becoming the United States of Mexico
Now that definitely sounds like a plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hope the bill passes, any legal or illegal immigrant convicted of a felony should be deported ASAP.
I respectfully disagree. Anyone caught in this country illegally whether or not they have committed ADDITIONAL crimes thereafter should be sent packing, anchor babies, DREAMIES and all. Illegal means ILLEGAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 853,847 times
Reputation: 76
If you don't mind me asking.. What the hell is a Dreamie anyway? Is it referring to the DREAM act?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,696,913 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
PUNTA GORDA: Congressman Tim Mahoney says the immigration system failed Officer Andrew Widman and his family. The Democrat covers congressional District 16 which includes Charlotte County.

“The immigration folks at ICE, I think made the wrong decision. They put this person out on the street,” Mahoney said.

He’s talking about Abel Arango. The convicted immigrant from Cuba accused of shooting and killing Fort Myers police officer, Andrew Widman on a downtown street July 18th.

“This tragedy that has befallen this family of 3 children will not happen again,” the Congressman added.

Mahoney announced at the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office his plans to create a bill that would crack down on convicted immigrants. He calls the bill, “The Officer Andrew Widman Criminal and Alien Enforcement Act.”


NBC2 News Online - SWFL congressman introduces tougher immigration bill (http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=21252&z=3 - broken link)
_________________

I find it somewhat disingenuous that he feels the need to wait until the remaining 2 weeks of his "vacation" is over before he starts drafting said legislation. The hypocrisy and lack of concern on the part of these "politicians when it comes to protecting the lives of American's victimized twice, first by illegal aliens and then by their negligence is mind boggling . . .
------------

When I read this heading I was shocked than I read Tim Mahoney .

If it was Alvarez-Bermudez ,etc ,etc there would be no tougher immigration bill .
I have my doubt's it will pass .

and again saying you will do it and doing it are very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------

When I read this heading I was shocked than I read Tim Mahoney .

If it was Alvarez-Bermudez ,etc ,etc there would be no tougher immigration bill .
I have my doubt's it will pass .

and again saying you will do it and doing it are very different.
Agreed.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top