U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:18 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-----------
Did you see the Mexican American woman who just gave speech at DNC . She has 11 kids 14 grandkids and crowd cheered.

I find that disgusting her and her husband are beyond word's.
I am sure they supported them well but the world would be destroyed if many other's did same .

11 kids and 14 grandkid's is nothing to be proud of. I would have boo'ed if in the audience . I find that deplorable .
You've heard of the Dugger family, right? They have I think 17 or 18 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 06:49 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No its because the average family in Mexico had 7 kids in the 60's. Obviously it has turned into a stereotype

Old 08-27-2008, 06:57 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:

Yes and that make's me sick .
However that lady was saying it at DNC convention like it something to be proud of . I find it disgusting.

The toll that take's on the planet is brutal .

Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
The dangers of overpopulation have been recognized for several decades now. I can think of no excuse for anyone to have 11, 17 or 18 kids. This type of irresponsible behavior should not be lionized.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
And she is roundly made fun of in a way an hispanic woman would not be.

Besides, the real point is beyond birth rate...it is immigration rate. We only have so much room, so much resources, so much money. We cannot afford in any way to welcome the world in, especially illegally. We need to regulate immigration, despite how worthy a hardworking person may be.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:46 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
No its because the average family in Mexico had 7 kids in the 60's. Obviously it has turned into a stereotype
So do you agree with politicizing ecology to the extent that a charge of 'racism' (and again, it is not the chinese consulates that run to this word) is enough to quiet a group like the sierra club? Do you agree that we should ignore any bad implications mass immigration has to the US in light of the color of skin of the immigrants?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The dangers of overpopulation have been recognized for several decades now. I can think of no excuse for anyone to have 11, 17 or 18 kids. This type of irresponsible behavior should not be lionized.
Let me say something in all fairness: how many families here in the USA have 11-17 kids, rhetorically speaking. That is extremely rare.

I have known of many, many families who had but one child..........if you average out 'only children' vs. the 17---------we are still at or below 2 children per woman on average here in the USA.

Note I am referring to Americans/green card holders only.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Interesting, there was so much clamor about off roading and it tearing up the terrain but nothing mentioned (except by the off roaders) about the miles of trash and trails heading North out of Mex into the Mts and Deserts. Double standard?
It sure is a double standard. The exploding population growth that the USA is undergoing is mostly from south of the border, from a country were the highest reproduction rates anywhere so the Sierra Club is mute.

As long as the forests are being chopped down and paved under for the purpose of bringing in millions from Mexico, there's no problem. The thought of our population doubling in just a few decades like it has been doing -- not a problem since it's immigrants and not Americans causing the tremendous population growth.

Big trucks and SUVs and polluting buses and trucks from Mexico -- the Sierra Club will not speak out. NAFTA superhighways that destroy millions of acres and no environmentalist dares speak up.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Yes -- the Dugger's.....and the Gomez's, the Garcias, the Gonzalez's, the Lopez's, the Hernandez's, and Lujan's, the Rodriguez's, the Ramos's, the Fernandez's, the Macias's, the Ochoa's,.........

Not only that -- the Dugger's aren't even grandparents yet. Their older daughters aren't already having kids of their own -- unlike the Gomez's, the Garcia's, the Gonzalez's,........

Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I can. I don't have a problem with big families because for one, many educated women are not having any children or they have just one. The Duggers are providing for their kids, they aren't on welfare programs. How many mothers from Mexico with 17 or 18 kids are not taking food stamps and Medicaid?

One American family having many kids is fine because plenty of Americans have zero kids -- without massive immigration, we'd be at equilibrium or close. The USA is not shipping fast reproducing American citizens to other countries as a way to alleviate huge population growth but some countries are trying to use the USA as a dump for all their societal problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or