U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:33 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times

Advertisements

Interesting read today by Froma Harrop, especially since we were just discussing the absense of environmental groups in the topic of immigration. What I find especially alarming, is that in this day of Political Correctness, free speech is being silenced, all for the fear of the dreaded 'R' word.....a word types like la raza and mecha use too well and too often. And while, yes Harrop didn't point fingers at laraza, we are talking about the southern border and I have yet to see the chinese, Polish or russians with such an organized and loud organizations. We are being held hostage by the desires of non citizens, their enablers and enslavers. Yes, right now...not so bad. But it will be bad, and then what? My daughters should endure forced abortions ala china so that a horde of illegal immigrants can cross the border for the freebies? The time to think is past, the time to act is now. (and before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, by act I do mean contacting our politicians on state and federal levels.)

http://www.creators.com/opinion/from...olumnsName=fha

Froma Harrop writes:

Why isn't the population boom being discussed at the party conventions? Because its main driver is immigration — both the number of newcomers and their high birth rates. (The region is also trying to accommodate people relocating from other parts of the country, many of them trying to escape congested California.)
Promoters of open borders like to drag race into any discussion of immigration, so that even those who focus on numbers, not skin color, fear to speak. The Sierra Club leaders have gone into hiding on the matter. Even when you limit the subject to illegal immigration, they're under the bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 04:03 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Interesting, there was so much clamor about off roading and it tearing up the terrain but nothing mentioned (except by the off roaders) about the miles of trash and trails heading North out of Mex into the Mts and Deserts. Double standard?

Old 08-27-2008, 04:06 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Interesting read today by Froma Harrop, especially since we were just discussing the absense of environmental groups in the topic of immigration. What I find especially alarming, is that in this day of Political Correctness, free speech is being silenced, all for the fear of the dreaded 'R' word.....a word types like la raza and mecha use too well and too often. And while, yes Harrop didn't point fingers at laraza, we are talking about the southern border and I have yet to see the chinese, Polish or russians with such an organized and loud organizations. We are being held hostage by the desires of non citizens, their enablers and enslavers. Yes, right now...not so bad. But it will be bad, and then what? My daughters should endure forced abortions ala china so that a horde of illegal immigrants can cross the border for the freebies? The time to think is past, the time to act is now. (and before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, by act I do mean contacting our politicians on state and federal levels.)

Parties Afraid to Face Population Explosion by Froma Harrop on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

Froma Harrop writes:

Why isn't the population boom being discussed at the party conventions? Because its main driver is immigration — both the number of newcomers and their high birth rates. (The region is also trying to accommodate people relocating from other parts of the country, many of them trying to escape congested California.)
Promoters of open borders like to drag race into any discussion of immigration, so that even those who focus on numbers, not skin color, fear to speak. The Sierra Club leaders have gone into hiding on the matter. Even when you limit the subject to illegal immigration, they're under the bed.
-----------
Did you see the Mexican American woman who just gave speech at DNC . She has 11 kids 14 grandkids and crowd cheered.

I find that disgusting her and her husband are beyond word's.
I am sure they supported them well but the world would be destroyed if many other's did same .

11 kids and 14 grandkid's is nothing to be proud of. I would have boo'ed if in the audience . I find that deplorable .

Old 08-27-2008, 04:10 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
For some unknown reason, I couldn’t open the link. However, I agree with your (camping!) comments and those of Froma Harrop. Political correctness is leading this country into a tailspin. Our freedom of speech is being threatened, and ethnocentric groups have become the arbiters of our standards for acceptable communication. Anytime the term “illegal alien” is classified as “hate speech” something is seriously amiss.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:02 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
For some unknown reason, I couldn’t open the link. However, I agree with your (camping!) comments and those of Froma Harrop. Political correctness is leading this country into a tailspin. Our freedom of speech is being threatened, and ethnocentric groups have become the arbiters of our standards for acceptable communication. Anytime the term “illegal alien” is classified as “hate speech” something is seriously amiss.
Tailspin is far to kind of a description. More like final nail in the coffin of America.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
So true....as most of us know, when it comes to "cards", the race card trumps a ROYAL FLUSH !.....And almost any argument comes 'screeching to a halt', the moment 'race' rears its ugly head. Race trumps reason..it trumps 'appropriateness'..it trumps common sense..it trumps EVERYTHING.

Political correctness has gone from 'cute', to 'witty', to 'fashionable'....to the point that some day, it could be fatal...and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:17 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
So true....as most of us know, when it comes to "cards", the race card trumps a ROYAL FLUSH !.....And almost any argument comes 'screeching to a halt', the moment 'race' rears its ugly head. Race trumps reason..it trumps 'appropriateness'..it trumps common sense..it trumps EVERYTHING.

Political correctness has gone from 'cute', to 'witty', to 'fashionable'....to the point that some day, it could be fatal...and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

How very true.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:25 PM

3,454 posts, read 6,436,503 times
" The Sierra Club frightened by charges of racism..."

Jesus, this is hard. I can't decide who to root for.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:30 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

A sad truth. If only there were not so many blind sheeple, gleefully following the PC gods to the slaughter. Sometimes I have to pinch myself, because it simply doesn’t seem real.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
A sad truth. If only there were not so many blind sheeple, gleefully following the PC gods to the slaughter. Sometimes I have to pinch myself, because it simply doesn’t seem real.
Agreed. The twilight zone is no longer a weekly television series or a movie. Whether it's the black democrat, or the white republican who wins, America will become the biggest loser in the history of the free world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or