Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,368,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
The excuses Hispanics make about language barriers and assimilation does actually have a jury of its peers. And despite the attemps at Hispanics to rally "immigrants", that this is their battle too, and it's about "immigration", these points are refuted by any successful immigrant group.

I am an uneducated person, but I have taught myself a working knowledge of some other languages. Were I to immigrate to any country, like any successful immigrant group, I would assimilate as fast as possible, beginning with the language barrier, as it's in my interest to do so.

Successful immigration groups in this country all have a common denominator, and it's not about language. You (illegals and their supporters) put the onus on us to be understanding, because you (illegals and their supporters) just don't get it, what the difference is.

When Hispanics talk about assimilation, they laugh amongst themselves, and make jokes. So reap what you sew. You (illegals and their supporters) are despised by other immigrant groups, and you (illegals and their supporters) are despised by Americans.

The story in Europe is the same we have in this country . . they aren't immigrants. They are economic parasites.
I respectfully disagree . . . You are far from qualifying as uneducated!

Kudos, excellent post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,332,971 times
I kind of feel sorry for these particular people. Sometimes, in those third-world countries, birth control is not available, not to mention that women don't have much control over their sexual lives. That is, it's up to the man, and rape is common in marriage.

I worry more about those who come from Mexico who COULD have come legally, and also live in a rich country. They should be fighting for jobs and healthcare, etc. in their home country.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:33 PM

638 posts, read 1,844,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I kind of feel sorry for these particular people. Sometimes, in those third-world countries, birth control is not available, not to mention that women don't have much control over their sexual lives. That is, it's up to the man, and rape is common in marriage.

I worry more about those who come from Mexico who COULD have come legally, and also live in a rich country. They should be fighting for jobs and healthcare, etc. in their home country.
I would feel compassion, but the Muslims in Europe, either outright saying it, or by their silence support it, are threating European countries that they will be ruled under Islamic law.

We see this same crap in America with creeps like Mario Obledo, founder of MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund) saying, “California is going to be a Hispanic state and anyone who doesn’t like it should leave."

You'd have to be suicidal as a country to have any sympathy for creeps like this, or their supporters. The only reason it works is because the majority of people (which included myself) are uneducated about what has been happening. We are taught to think this is a "fringe element", but the more you chip away at the tip of the iceberg educating yourself, the more you see this as a bigger problem than some yahoo on a street corner who needs psychiatric help. What Hispanics are doing is an overt attempt to eventually overthrow control of our country.

Good introductory :
Funding Hate - Foundations and the Radical Hispanic Lobby - Part III - Articles - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION

Old 08-29-2008, 04:33 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,734,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Not a coward or spineless just no desire to live amongst and financially support a bunch of 3rd world, irresponsible, non assimilating, whiny, self absorbed, lazy criminals with over zealous, irresponsible breeding habits.

When I reach the level where I need advice from someone of your mindset, I'll go ahead and commit suicide. The end results would be much more rational and advantageous.
Nahh...sounds like being a coward. You would "abandon your own country" instead of "fighting for it.".

And you must not love this country all that much if youre so willing to abandon it when its not exactly how you want it, instead of loving it for what it is.

Thats why you'd be leaving, wouldn't it? Sounds like you have a pretty comfortable life. If you were to leave, it'd be because you simply dont like it anymore.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM

956 posts, read 2,992,755 times
Camp of the Saints -- IRL.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,993,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I would feel compassion, but the Muslims in Europe, either outright saying it, or by their silence support it, are threating European countries that they will be ruled under Islamic law.

We see this same crap in America with creeps like Mario Obledo, founder of MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund) saying, “California is going to be a Hispanic state and anyone who doesn’t like it should leave."

You'd have to be suicidal as a country to have any sympathy for creeps like this, or their supporters. The only reason it works is because the majority of people (which included myself) are uneducated about what has been happening. We are taught to think this is a "fringe element", but the more you chip away at the tip of the iceberg educating yourself, the more you see this as a bigger problem than some yahoo on a street corner who needs psychiatric help. What Hispanics are doing is an overt attempt to eventually overthrow control of our country.

Good introductory :
Funding Hate - Foundations and the Radical Hispanic Lobby - Part III - Articles - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION
If I were Mexico; I would worry more about losing additional chunks of my nation to the USA vs. attempting to subjugate its much more powerful northern neighbor.

The 'race card' has backfired-----------badly. Us Gringoes are up to Mx's little bag of tricks.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,583,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Nahh...sounds like being a coward. You would "abandon your own country" instead of "fighting for it.".

And you must not love this country all that much if youre so willing to abandon it when its not exactly how you want it, instead of loving it for what it is.

Thats why you'd be leaving, wouldn't it? Sounds like you have a pretty comfortable life. If you were to leave, it'd be because you simply dont like it anymore.
Guess what, amc? Your chit-talking condescension of others is only showing you out for the La Raza mouthpiece I've always suspected you of being. I'd bet dollars to donuts that you'd move YOUR azz to ANYPLACE ELSE if you thought there was some kind of advantage to it. You've proven yourself to be a cheap trollop, the only question now is "What's the price?"

Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,734,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Guess what, amc? Your chit-talking condescension of others is only showing you out for the La Raza mouthpiece I've always suspected you of being. I'd bet dollars to donuts that you'd move YOUR azz to ANYPLACE ELSE if you thought there was some kind of advantage to it. You've proven yourself to be a cheap trollop, the only question now is "What's the price?"
Yeah, because living in California is going to be a breeze for me. I can't wait to get my 3 bedroom home with the white picket fence surrounded by orange groves with my 5 minute commute to work .
Didnt you know? California has the best average income to cost of living in the country!

What evidence do you have of me being a cheap sellout? I'm a pretty loyal dude(are you?). Unlike people like you, I love the country for what it is. For how I see it. I don't constantly whine about every single problem, and I don't blame all my problems on the government or on a group of people(do you?). I take it as it is, and I would never leave this country.

And by La Raza mouthpiece, I don't think youre talking about the NCLR. Thats too specific. I think youre being more general and talking about people who identify as Latino and aren't ashamed of it, who don't feel their ethnic roots make them less American, and try to overcompensate by draping themselves in American flags and anti-illegal(or Hispanic!) sentiment.

But again, you have proven yourself as a self-loathing, insecure Hispanic bitter for problems he's had, and is looking for someone or something to blame it on.

You don't know me, so don't try to act like you do.

By the way, I don't know much about being a "trollop". But then again, I havent had the chance to experience unemployment like yourself, so I wouldnt know.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:14 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,583,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah, because living in California is going to be a breeze for me. I can't wait to get my 3 bedroom home with the white picket fence surrounded by orange groves with my 5 minute commute to work .
Didnt you know? California has the best average income to cost of living in the country!

What evidence do you have of me being a cheap sellout? I'm a pretty loyal dude(are you?). Unlike people like you, I love the country for what it is. For how I see it. I don't constantly whine about every single problem, and I don't blame all my problems on the government or on a group of people(do you?). I take it as it is, and I would never leave this country.

And by La Raza mouthpiece, I don't think youre talking about the NCLR. Thats too specific. I think youre being more general and talking about people who identify as Latino and aren't ashamed of it, who don't feel their ethnic roots make them less American, and try to overcompensate by draping themselves in American flags and anti-illegal(or Hispanic!) sentiment.

But again, you have proven yourself as a self-loathing, insecure Hispanic bitter for problems he's had, and is looking for someone or something to blame it on.

You don't know me, so don't try to act like you do.

By the way, I don't know much about being a "trollop". But then again, I havent had the chance to experience unemployment like yourself, so I wouldnt know.
I GREW UP in California, I know a helluva lot more about the state than you might think.

I never called you a 'cheap sellout', was that Freudian on your part?

Unlike you, I love this country for what it's supposed to be. What it is right now is a lot less than that.

I'm sorry to hear that you would never leave, but I'll continue to hope.

By La Raza mouthpiece I mean someone who spews BS that comes directly from their website, echoing the same lies about illegal immigrants and placing their ethnicity in higher regard than their citizenship.

Self-loathing? That's a laugh! And I place the blame for problems right where it belongs, at the feet of those who CAUSE them.

As for not knowing you, I can read you like a book. A COMIC book.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,149,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I GREW UP in California, I know a helluva lot more about the state than you might think.

I never called you a 'cheap sellout', was that Freudian on your part?

Unlike you, I love this country for what it's supposed to be. What it is right now is a lot less than that.

I'm sorry to hear that you would never leave, but I'll continue to hope.

By La Raza mouthpiece I mean someone who spews BS that comes directly from their website, echoing the same lies about illegal immigrants and placing their ethnicity in higher regard than their citizenship.

Self-loathing? That's a laugh! And I place the blame for problems right where it belongs, at the feet of those who CAUSE them.

As for not knowing you, I can read you like a book. A COMIC book.
Whats it supposed to be? It's changed in so many great ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration