Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times

Advertisements

lovely immigrant?

what is that??

an Immigrant with love in his heart, regardless of his status, he loves, he loves his new country, his new family, he loves god, he loves life and he only wishes good for mankind.

this illegal immigrant is divine and has the power of dissolving the illegal of his status if he has it by the power of divine love.

do you agree?

have you ever met a lovely immigrant?

have you met a lovely legal immigrant?
a lovely illegal immigrant?

an unlovely illegal immigrant?
an unlovely legal immigrant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
A illegal immigrant is a law breaker. A person who has no consideration for anothers property. Who agrees with lawlessness.

Who does not object to stealing from others.

No - there is no "lovely" illegal immigrant

Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
I've met some, and trust me, people who's met them would protect them with their lifes hehehehe, some were so lovely that even authorities made it possible for them to become citizens because they were moved.

They are a rarity though

Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 PM

391 posts, read 872,513 times
Yes I have met MANY lovely llegal and illegal immigrants. I have known them to be hard workers, do work americans won't do for a price we won't accept, pay taxes they will never see. They are artisic, family oriented, loving people. They would give you their last piece of bread, welcome you into their home and treat you like family. What people forget is the bad people that are in EVERY race are not the norm. The drug smugglers and slave traders. Yet we have so many sick minded people in this country who beg for those trades. They are the ones to be stopped. Yes I love the hispanic people, even though I would respect our countries rules and not go against the law I pray the border will one day be open. Hate me if you wish I care not.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Yes I have met MANY lovely llegal and illegal immigrants. I have known them to be hard workers, do work americans won't do for a price we won't accept, pay taxes they will never see. They are artisic, family oriented, loving people. They would give you their last piece of bread, welcome you into their home and treat you like family. What people forget is the bad people that are in EVERY race are not the norm. The drug smugglers and slave traders. Yet we have so many sick minded people in this country who beg for those trades. They are the ones to be stopped. Yes I love the hispanic people, even though I would respect our countries rules and not go against the law I pray the border will one day be open. Hate me if you wish I care not.
I don't think anyone will hate you, PITY is the operative word here...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I thought this thread was about lovely legal or illegal immigrants. Do they only come in hispanic flavor?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Individually I am sure there are lovely people who are living in this country illegally. This does not negate the fact that they are breaking laws to live and be employed in this country and it also doesn't negate the fact that the US has a right to determine how many people it allows to immigrate and more importantly what kinds of people it allows to immigrate just like any other sovereign nation on this Earth.
Yes, there are deserving, nice people who would love to live here. But we cannot accept them all and still maintain a standard of living (both financial and environmental) that is their reason for coming here in the first place. While we should be compassionate to those who are living in war zones, who are living in the face of genocide and whose lives are at risk for helping American solidiers we cannot and should not have an open door policy for people who 'merely' want to earn more money.
It is hard, and it can be cruel, but there simply is no other way.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:02 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,109 times
Is this a serious thread, for real? LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Individually I am sure there are lovely people who are living in this country illegally. This does not negate the fact that they are breaking laws to live and be employed in this country and it also doesn't negate the fact that the US has a right to determine how many people it allows to immigrate and more importantly what kinds of people it allows to immigrate just like any other sovereign nation on this Earth.
Yes, there are deserving, nice people who would love to live here. But we cannot accept them all and still maintain a standard of living (both financial and environmental) that is their reason for coming here in the first place. While we should be compassionate to those who are living in war zones, who are living in the face of genocide and whose lives are at risk for helping American solidiers we cannot and should not have an open door policy for people who 'merely' want to earn more money.
It is hard, and it can be cruel, but there simply is no other way.
I couldn't agree more. Your post is only common sense.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 PM

391 posts, read 872,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I don't think anyone will hate you, PITY is the operative word here...

I care not if one pities me. I am kind and loving and care about every living thing especially descent people. I do not judge someone unless I can walk a mile in their shoes. You get back what you put out. I put my love for all out there and those who mock I pay no attention to but those with loving hearts give back 10 fold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration