Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
So now-calling me "deary" is engaging in debate? OK thanks.

So accusing me of getting out of control is engaging in debate? Thanks again

I think you are the one who needs to get in the real world. I never said everyone in the real world agrees- so don't infer that I did.

Umm "The one" coming in here with his/her "masturbation" dialogues aren't exactly what I call debate either.
No I did not call you deary, that was someone else. And yes I did say you got out of control, I'll apologize for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,644,621 times
karfar, there are some folks here who are hard to ignore. their inability to debate anything rationally (with proof) leads them to feel beneath us.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
but it is still possible to bring back other diseases from other countries. and to assume that a person who has a "3rd world disease" is illegal is just ridiculous. thats my point.

so the peasants have created epidemics in the US? which ones specifically?

c'mon now. lets just stick to facts. give me some CDC data. DHS, something. and it does not have to be about illegals specifically, but that will provide a strong link to this particular thread/message board.
ill be fine with data on 3rd world people, er i mean peasants.
Please indicate where I stated that a person with a third-world disease is an illegal alien. Also show me where I stated peasants have created an epidemic in this country. Perhaps if you take that chip off your shoulder, and actually read my posts, you would grasp what I said.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,220,258 times
I was not trying to be nasty or ruffle anyones feathers, I was just under the impression from posts on this thread that there was additioinal information about the case in San Francisco.

These questions are fair to ask. We are on an open forum. I was asking no more than anyone else would in a face to face banter. Sorry if I asked for something I had no right to.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,644,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why not reduce this to the ridiculous. World travelers routinely receive inoculations prior to traveling to third-world countries, specifically to reduce their chances of contracting diseases. Furthermore, there's a HUGE difference between allowing millions of third-world illegals unfettered access to this country, and the arbitrary screening of foreign passengers.

If you are unable to make a distinction between rampant illegal immigration, and ordinary world travel, I certainly can't help you. People have been traveling in and out of this country for years without creating an epidemic. However, until recently, we did not have millions of peasants from third-world countries, the vast majority of which have never seen the inside of a doctor's office, let alone receive inoculations, living in every state in this country.
my point was not directed at you, but for the thread. this article was placed in here for a reason. posters like J are tryin to connect this case of a "3rd world disease" with illegal immigration. it has not link. thats my point. just because a hospital worker gets TB they think they are illegal. workin in the health field i know that nurses, doctors and other people are exposed to this stuff. any rational person would make the link between working at a hospital, and not with illegal immigration. but i think even thats a stretch for them.

and tho you didnt say that peasants have created and epidemic, your reasoning would lead me to beleive that you think they will.

and i didnt even try to go in on your unfounded claims of peasants who havent been innoculated or seen a doctor. how you came up with that is beyond me.

so lets just stick to the facts here.
with that said. i return the chip to its rightful owner. you.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
What's an epideliogist?
Sorry for the typo...I appreciate you pointing it out to me.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,153,205 times
Virtually there is no evidence that this was caused by illegals. Why is this thread still open?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No I did not call you deary, that was someone else. And yes I did say you got out of control, I'll apologize for that.
Earlier quote, from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
This is interesing, why???? Happens all the time sweetie.
There are others as well. Your patronizing comments/condescention towards the females on this forum would indicate a tendency for misogyny. Were you not held enough as a child?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Virtually there is no evidence that this was caused by illegals. Why is this thread still open?
That is the exact point I was trying to make. When I was told there was evidence in the form of newspaper articles I asked for them and then was told the articles were not directly related to this thread.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:11 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,153,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
That is the exact point I was trying to make. When I was told there was evidence in the form of newspaper articles I asked for them and then was told the articles were not directly related to this thread.
This thread can be equated with putting an article on the relationships forum titled "Hispanic man stole my purse", and then focus on crime among hispanics and other less dominant groups (just a nicer word of saying minority). It's ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration