U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:43 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
but it is still possible to bring back other diseases from other countries. and to assume that a person who has a "3rd world disease" is illegal is just ridiculous. thats my point.

so the peasants have created epidemics in the US? which ones specifically?

c'mon now. lets just stick to facts. give me some CDC data. DHS, something. and it does not have to be about illegals specifically, but that will provide a strong link to this particular thread/message board.
ill be fine with data on 3rd world people, er i mean peasants.
S*** on this, you a******:

Quote:
Parasitic infection plagues states along Mexico border

Federal researchers say neurocysticercosis, a brain infection caused by a pork tapeworm, is a "growing public health problem in the United States," especially in states bordering Mexico, where the disease is endemic.

Neurocysticercosis is the "most common parasitic disease of the central nervous system," according to a study jointly conducted by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and California public health officials, who reported that "international travel and immigration are bringing the disorder to areas where it is not endemic," such as this country.
Quote:
]"Recent data indicate cysticercosis is an important cause of death in California," Mr. Tsang and other authors wrote in a recent report on the disease published in the European medical journal Acta Neurologica Scandinavica.

A separate report in this month's issue of the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases found that nearly 60 percent of the 221 U.S. deaths from cysticercosis between 1990 and 2002 involved California residents.

"Most patients [187, or 85 percent] were foreign-born, and 137 [62 percent] had emigrated from Mexico. The 33 U.S.-born persons who died of cysticercosis represented 15 percent of all cysticercosis-related deaths" during the study period, said University of California researchers who wrote the latest report.
Quote:
"In Hispanics and Latinos, neurocysticercosis accounts for 13.5 percent of [U.S.] emergency-room visits for seizures," federal and California investigators wrote in their report in Acta Neurologica Scandinavica published late last year. "The growth is mainly due to immigration from endemic developing countries," they reported.
Washington Times - Parasitic infection plagues states along Mexico border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 02:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
my point was not directed at you, but for the thread. this article was placed in here for a reason. posters like J are tryin to connect this case of a "3rd world disease" with illegal immigration. it has not link. thats my point. just because a hospital worker gets TB they think they are illegal. workin in the health field i know that nurses, doctors and other people are exposed to this stuff. any rational person would make the link between working at a hospital, and not with illegal immigration. but i think even thats a stretch for them.

and tho you didnt say that peasants have created and epidemic, your reasoning would lead me to beleive that you think they will.

and i didnt even try to go in on your unfounded claims of peasants who havent been innoculated or seen a doctor. how you came up with that is beyond me.

so lets just stick to the facts here.
with that said. i return the chip to its rightful owner. you.

In other words, these impoverished people who flee to the U.S. to escape starvation and death, routinely receive the necessary inoculations to prevent them from being disease carriers.

They don't have money to feed their children or provide a decent lifestyle; they live in utter squalor, but they make sure they take their family to the doctor for their regular medical checkups. Ok, that does sound logical.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,208,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Is this intended to be a joke or something? If so, it is not funny.
It is not funny at all...it is very true. My brother was there and there is an outbreak in Sadr City. Scary, but true.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:50 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Let's not forget Chagas disease - hitherto unknown in the US - thankfully with illegal immigration it has already surfaced in the Southern states, and UCLA has set up a task force specifically for it. And I'm linking to the CDC, I hope that it is a reliable/credible website to all.
Chagas: Fact Sheet - CDC DPD

Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,208,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is precisely why it's so difficult to engage in a debate with many pro-illegals. They think everything is fair game for joking. What else can we expect from people who have no regard for anything that isn't illegal?
I am not pro illegal but I am pro facts...

Old 08-28-2008, 03:00 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I am not pro illegal but I am pro facts...
I am as well. If I incorrectly labeled you as being pro-illegal, please accept my apology.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:11 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
thanks!!!
now was that hard?

Quote:
i love articles and scholarly journals. that raises the level of discussion quite a bit. thats all you have to do.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You're quite welcome. Enough of this pro-illegal nonsense!
what???

im pro facts.
and anti ignorance.

who are the pro-illegals you talk about?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
now thats not very nice.

i cant take you seriously. beni i can. there was no emotional response. you on the other hand make it personal. not very mature. attack my ideas and thoughts. not me. if you provide evidence of a claim i can accept that. beni did. i accept that. personal attacks from overly emotional posters... unacceptable.

why the name calling?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
now thats not very nice.

i cant take you seriously. beni i can. there was no emotional response. you on the other hand make it personal. not very mature. attack my ideas and thoughts. not me. if you provide evidence of a claim i can accept that. beni did. i accept that. personal attacks from overly emotional posters... unacceptable.
why the name calling?
Quote:
says the person who uses numbers in the place of letters...

attacking my writing is silly. i get my point across pretty well. come for my ideas and thoughts, not my diction or grammar.

you totally contradicted yourself...

h8 on, h8ers
Oh the irony....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or