U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Uh huh, & when in the next few years more cases come up from those people who haven't been vaccinated, you know those LEGAL AMERICANS, who are you going to blame then?
We do not routinely vaccinate people for TB in the US. There are no plans to begin to do so in the immediate future. The TB vaccine currently available is not effective for the majority of cases. It mainly protects against a rare form of TB that occurs mainly in small children.

Quote:
Since TB is increasing in the United States, why isn't the vaccine recommended for everyone at risk of catching the disease?
The TB vaccine is good at protecting against the severe form of disease found in young children (called "miliary" TB), but not as good at protecting against the lung infection commonly found in adolescents and adults. Because miliary TB is very uncommon in the United States, we do not use the TB vaccine. The United States is one of only two countries that have never routinely used the TB vaccine (The Netherlands is the other).

Who should get the tuberculosis vaccine?
The tuberculosis vaccine is recommended only for those children living with someone with TB who either cannot take the antibiotics required to treat the infection or who is infected with a strain that is highly resistant to all antibiotics. Only a very small number of people in the United States fall into these categories.
Tuberculosis Vaccine : Vaccine Education Center - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=75735 - broken link)

Do you have information that I don't that? If so, kindly share it with me because to the best of my knowledge there is no campaign to begin widespread vaccination against TB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Really? Because you're hypothesizing that the nurse is an illegal. Is that not the same thing then? Hypocritical I would say.
No I wouldn't. Again, it's not rocket science that the evidence currently available points in the direction that this person is more likely than not an illegal alien.

For the third and final time, I'll be sure and post the evidence that I'm betting will confirm the obvious.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
No I wouldn't. Again, it's not rocket science that the evidence currently available points in the direction that this person is more likely than not an illegal alien.

For the third and final time, I'll be sure and post the evidence that I'm betting will confirm the obvious.
Please point out this evidence you're talking about.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Please point out this evidence you're talking about.
DUH . . . what is wrong with you At first I thought it was lack of comprehension which seems to be the problem with the majority of you IA's/huggers. I now realize it's much deeper than that.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Quote:
DUH . . . what is wrong with you At first I thought it was lack of comprehension which seems to be the problem with the majority of you IA's/huggers. I now realize it's much deeper than that.
You certainly do love that word "comprehension", don't you? What is it that you yourself cannot comprehend? You said there was evidence pointing to the woman as being illegal, I simply asked you to provide the evidence you are talking about. If you read something that you think points to her being illegal, then provide it here.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Denied:1up! Software (http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=17763&SectionID=6&SubS ectionID=84&S=1 - broken link)

Goins said the increase is probably because of Gwinnett's large immigrant population. While people who enter the country legally are tested for contagious diseases such as TB, Goins said there is no way to check those who come here illegally - until they present with symptoms.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 AM

Denied:1up! Software

At one point, the patient's family asked the county to fly in several relatives so they could be present when the patient died, Atkinson said. The county declined. U.S. immigration officials wanted to deport the patient, but decided it would be too costly to their department to provide the medical care and translators necessary to take the patient back to Mexico, said Robert Resendes, director of Yavapai County Community Health Services.

Eventually, several of the patient's relatives living in Mexico - who had been exposed to the patient and needed TB testing - came to Yavapai County for the testing because it was not available in Mexico, Atkinson said.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Denied:1up! Software

At one point, the patient's family asked the county to fly in several relatives so they could be present when the patient died, Atkinson said. The county declined. U.S. immigration officials wanted to deport the patient, but decided it would be too costly to their department to provide the medical care and translators necessary to take the patient back to Mexico, said Robert Resendes, director of Yavapai County Community Health Services.

Eventually, several of the patient's relatives living in Mexico - who had been exposed to the patient and needed TB testing - came to Yavapai County for the testing because it was not available in Mexico, Atkinson said.

BRAVO!!!!! Maybe now (in their usual fashion) certain trolls/losers will shut up and disappear for a while. Some people just can not handle the truth.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
BRAVO!!!!! Maybe now (in their usual fashion) certain trolls/losers will shut up and disappear for a while. Some people just can not handle the truth.
The amazing thing is all you need to do is google and there are pages and pages of articles. However as we know some people deny the truth and refuse to acknowledge something as simple as legal vs illegal. Different experts in different articles and medical journals(like the one I previously posted) have stated that diseases like T.B., Polio and other diseases which we eradicated here are indeed making a come back-due mostly to the illegal invasion. And they wonder why some of us are concerned with the potential of the USA becoming a 2nd or 3rd world country.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
The amazing thing is all you need to do is google and there are pages and pages of articles. However as we know some people deny the truth and refuse to acknowledge something as simple as legal vs illegal. Different experts in different articles and medical journals(like the one I previously posted) have stated that diseases like T.B., Polio and other diseases which we eradicated here are indeed making a come back-due mostly to the illegal invasion. And they wonder why some of us are concerned with the potential of the USA becoming a 2nd or 3rd world country.
They know every single reason that we state is true, otherwise millions of them would not be risking life and limb to escape the disease, poverty, misery and hardships of their respective cesspools.

Their village idiot system of word of mouth has them flocking to what they've been led to believe is a mythical land of free milk and honey available to all. No rule of law, or any other qualifications necessary. It's mind boggling that millions of people seem to believe if they can just sneak into the carnival all of the rides are free.

At the end of the day they all want a seat on the American gravy train. I wonder what they will do now that the gravy is getting thin and watery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or