U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2008, 05:50 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

08-26) 18:06 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Kaiser Permanente is contacting 960 mothers whose babies may have been exposed to a health care worker in San Francisco who has an active case of tuberculosis.

The worker was assigned to the postpartum unit in the maternity ward of Kaiser's San Francisco Medical Center to care for mothers and infants. Kaiser officials say the infection risk for patients is very low, but testing will be provided along with treatment if necessary.

Kaiser also is notifying 115 employees who may have been exposed.

The Oakland health maintenance organization learned of the worker's infection Aug. 18. The part-time night shift employee worked at Kaiser from March 10 to Aug. 10 and is no longer an employee there. Kaiser has been working on the matter with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

E-mail Elizabeth Fernandez at efernandez@sfchronicle.com.

960 babies in TB scare at Kaiser in S.F.
_________________
In light of the fact that the US had long ago eradicated TB, it wouldn't surprise me if this "health worker" was here on a visa or even worse an illegal alien. They sure did get rid of her fast. Hopefully DHS will investigate this hot mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:19 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times
Reputation: 2244
this has nothing to do with immigration.

this is a big stretch. even for you.

paranoia magnafied.
what would make you think this person was an illegal?

do yo know anything about public health?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
08-26) 18:06 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Kaiser Permanente is contacting 960 mothers whose babies may have been exposed to a health care worker in San Francisco who has an active case of tuberculosis.

The worker was assigned to the postpartum unit in the maternity ward of Kaiser's San Francisco Medical Center to care for mothers and infants. Kaiser officials say the infection risk for patients is very low, but testing will be provided along with treatment if necessary.

Kaiser also is notifying 115 employees who may have been exposed.

The Oakland health maintenance organization learned of the worker's infection Aug. 18. The part-time night shift employee worked at Kaiser from March 10 to Aug. 10 and is no longer an employee there. Kaiser has been working on the matter with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

E-mail Elizabeth Fernandez at efernandez@sfchronicle.com.

960 babies in TB scare at Kaiser in S.F.
_________________
In light of the fact that the US had long ago eradicated TB, it wouldn't surprise me if this "health worker" was here on a visa or even worse an illegal alien. They sure did get rid of her fast. Hopefully DHS will investigate this hot mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,505,293 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
08-26) 18:06 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Kaiser Permanente is contacting 960 mothers whose babies may have been exposed to a health care worker in San Francisco who has an active case of tuberculosis.

The worker was assigned to the postpartum unit in the maternity ward of Kaiser's San Francisco Medical Center to care for mothers and infants. Kaiser officials say the infection risk for patients is very low, but testing will be provided along with treatment if necessary.

Kaiser also is notifying 115 employees who may have been exposed.

The Oakland health maintenance organization learned of the worker's infection Aug. 18. The part-time night shift employee worked at Kaiser from March 10 to Aug. 10 and is no longer an employee there. Kaiser has been working on the matter with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

E-mail Elizabeth Fernandez at efernandez@sfchronicle.com.

960 babies in TB scare at Kaiser in S.F.
_________________
In light of the fact that the US had long ago eradicated TB, it wouldn't surprise me if this "health worker" was here on a visa or even worse an illegal alien. They sure did get rid of her fast. Hopefully DHS will investigate this hot mess.
Does it say she is an illegal alien? I notice you said "it wouldn't surprise me", which means you don't know, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,493 times
Reputation: 76
Why post if this has nothing to do with immigration.. PORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JORGE PORQUE!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Why post if this has nothing to do with immigration.. PORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JORGE PORQUE!!!!!!
Oh puleeze, some things are NOT rocket science. The handwriting is on the wall and America has been eradicated and Americans have been innoculated against TB for more than 7 decades. Illegal aliens from 3rd world countries on the other hand . . .NOT.

I'm sure the revised more detailed version will prove otherwise. When it does, I'll post it and remind you to eat the pile of crow you've earned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,493 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Oh puleeze, some things are NOT rocket science. The handwriting is on the wall and America has been eradicated and Americans have been innoculated against TB for more than 7 decades. Illegal aliens from 3rd world countries on the other hand . . .NOT.

I'm sure the revised more detailed version will prove otherwise. When it does, I'll post it and remind you to eat the pile of crow you've earned.
That's great. Maybe you should post another article about TB and illegal immigration. This is not the one however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:08 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,505,293 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Oh puleeze, some things are NOT rocket science. The handwriting is on the wall and America has been eradicated and Americans have been innoculated against TB for more than 7 decades. Illegal aliens from 3rd world countries on the other hand . . .NOT.

I'm sure the revised more detailed version will prove otherwise. When it does, I'll post it and remind you to eat the pile of crow you've earned.
Sure, I'll eat it, as long as it's factual & nothing has been edited to suit your needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Lakes & Mountains of East TN
3,454 posts, read 6,435,769 times
Reputation: 873
Where is it here in the US where they have all the lepers that come from that island...I can't recall the details. Somewhere odd like Arkansas or something. They come from some island, seems like it's near Hawaii?

This just reminded me of that situation. (I'll have to look it up unless someone can think of it off the top of their head.)

Ah, it is Arkansas:

Immigrant Lepers Shock Arkansas

"...Medical personnel serving the Springdale community in northwest Arkansas are warning about an emerging epidemic of leprosy, a disease once eradicated from the Western world but now making a comeback thanks to Third World immigration. Doctors in Springdale have identified nine cases, and they're taking them seriously. Said one, "People absolutely should be concerned. What I'm afraid of, is when people start thinking about it enough, it will already be out of control."

The Arkansas lepers are immigrants from the Marshall Islands, a series of Micronesian atolls deep in the South Pacific. The Marshall Islands have the highest levels of leprosy in the world, a problem missionaries have long battled..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 07:59 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Reputation: 6264
Chicken Pox is also on the rise - and I have heard that Whooping Cough is coming back.

Seeing how these kids are not getting vaccinated for school or faking the papers it does not take a leap of imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Where is it here in the US where they have all the lepers that come from that island...I can't recall the details. Somewhere odd like Arkansas or something. They come from some island, seems like it's near Hawaii?

This just reminded me of that situation. (I'll have to look it up unless someone can think of it off the top of their head.)

Ah, it is Arkansas:

Immigrant Lepers Shock Arkansas

"...Medical personnel serving the Springdale community in northwest Arkansas are warning about an emerging epidemic of leprosy, a disease once eradicated from the Western world but now making a comeback thanks to Third World immigration. Doctors in Springdale have identified nine cases, and they're taking them seriously. Said one, "People absolutely should be concerned. What I'm afraid of, is when people start thinking about it enough, it will already be out of control."

The Arkansas lepers are immigrants from the Marshall Islands, a series of Micronesian atolls deep in the South Pacific. The Marshall Islands have the highest levels of leprosy in the world, a problem missionaries have long battled..."
Exactly. We both know that many diseases that still exist in 3rd world countries, have long been eradicated in the US. Yet the IA huggers keep trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents every chance they get.

As I stated when the truth prevails, I'll be happy to spoon feed them their crow.

Thanks for the excellent article and post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top