U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:53 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

DENVER (AP) — Hispanics should not have to live in fear of raids by immigration agents, Michelle Obama told a Hispanic caucus to the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday.

Her husband, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, wants to reform immigration policies and provide illegal immigrants a path to citizenship, she said.

"We would have an immigration policy that brings 12 million people out of the shadows," she told cheering caucus members who shouted "Yes we can" in Spanish.

Hispanics are often the first to suffer in an economic downturn and the last to benefit during a recovery, she said.

She told the caucus that blacks and Hispanics share an interest in providing access to affordable health care, education and economic opportunities for all Americans, not just a select few.

"We all know our country's journey toward equality isn't finished yet. We have more work to do," she said.

The Associated Press: Michelle Obama rallies Hispanic caucus (broken link)

Treasonous ethnocentric panderers. Notice how she takes a page from LaRaza's books. No LEGAL hispanic lives in the shadows.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Actually Michelle-you are right- Hispanics should not have to live in fear of raids by immigration-if they are legally here. If they happen to be Hispanic and illegal then yes they should live in fear. All illegal aliens should live in fear-regardless of where they come from- I only wish our government instilled more fear in them-maybe more would leave on their own.

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Actually Michelle-you are right- Hispanics should not have to live in fear of raids by immigration-if they are legally here. If they happen to be Hispanic and illegal then yes they should live in fear. All illegal aliens should live in fear-regardless of where they come from- I only wish our government instilled more fear in them-maybe more would leave on their own.

Nicolem
Sadly, I doubt that it will happen in our lifetime. I am ashamed of what we will be leaving our future generations. I am blessed that my son is in college and well on his way to a very bright future. If another amnesty passes, the enthocentric in our government (soon to be the majority) will ensure that America's non-latino children will become bottom of the barrel second class citizens.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
"We all know our country's journey toward equality isn't finished yet. We have more work to do," she said.
Equality for illegal alien criminals? I wonder if Michelle is also advocating for equality for U.S. citizen identity thieves, document forgers, and welfare frauds. Is there anything politicians and their surrogates won’t do to garner votes?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Equality for illegal alien criminals? I wonder if Michelle is also advocating for equality for U.S. citizen identity thieves, document forgers, and welfare frauds. Is there anything politicians and their surrogates won’t do to garner votes?
In a nutshell. That's the sentence that registered radar on my richter scale. If McCain nominates Romney, I'll be heading in that direction. I refuse to allow this country to go down in flames without a long hard slog.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:41 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
I like Obama find him smart but when it come's to this it contradict's what he want's to do. Which is why he is starting to lose my vote .

As far as health care for citizen's who do not have it -better public transportation - cheaper prescrition plans for elderly among other ideas he has .
If amnesty is given to million's its more than only 12 million .
12 mill is the low low estimate the census gives and a joke .

All his plan's he can kiss good-bye unless he can grow money on tree's .

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sadly, I doubt that it will happen in our lifetime. I am ashamed of what we will be leaving our future generations. I am blessed that my son is in college and well on his way to a very bright future. If another amnesty passes, the enthocentric in our government (soon to be the majority) will ensure that America's non-latino children will become bottom of the barrel second class citizens.
That's the goal right?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I like Obama find him smart but when it come's to this it contradict's what he want's to do. Which is why he is starting to lose my vote .

As far as health care for citizen's who do not have it -better public transportation - cheaper prescrition plans for elderly among other ideas he has .
If amnesty is given to million's its more than only 12 million .
12 mill is the low low estimate the census gives and a joke .

All his plan's he can kiss good-bye unless he can grow money on tree's .
As a black woman who was a very young child who had the privilege of actually marching alongside my grandma with Dr. King, I am proud that Barack and America has come so far. I admire that he is successful, intelligent, articulate and a family man. I also feel that he is more than capable of reaching across the aisle and our nations borders to work with those who are in opposition to some of his stances.

That's where my admiration and confidence in him begins and ends.

His globalistic views, and his "pathway to citizenship" for the illegal masses kills any possibility of me voting for him.

Sorry, but for some of us race does not trump everything.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:52 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
--------

Her "reasoning" is if given amnesty than they won't have to do those thing's .
Granted the next 20 mill who are coming might lol but the first 20 mill given amnesty will now no longer have to resort to that lol.

Every few yrs another 20 mill can get amnesty so they no longer have to resort to id theft,etc lol.

I think there will be amnesty with either party from next Pres .
They both have reason's for it and both parties give speeches in Hispanic radio that would imply that.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
That's the goal right?
There you go again putting words into my mouth. Get a grip and learn to speak for yourself. I've done fine my entire lifetime without you.

That being said, I don't doubt that a partial reconquista is the goal. The problem is, the plan relies totally on Americans to continue paying taxes and doing the heavy lifting. The fact that America has spent most of it's existence propping up the disaster known as Mexico for more than 100 years is proof that they are incapable of taking care of themselves. If Americans are no longer the majority wage earners and tax payers, guess what the end of that story will be?

Mexico Part II: The final chapter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or