Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
How is this a liberal issue? Taco trucks on the street, big whoop. We've got a ton of them here, they're great, convenient, food is good & cheap. I see no murders, crime, rapes, pillaging, etc. going on around there. Why do you people have a problem w/absolutely anything hispanic?
Your posts full of vitriol, unjustified accusations, sanctimonious indignation, et al seem to indicate that you are the one who has a problem w/absolutely anyone who is opposed to illegals. Your silly exaggerations are also uncalled for and do little to support your side of the debate.

I hope you find your "happy place" soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,438 times
Quote:
How is this a liberal issue? Taco trucks on the street, big whoop. We've got a ton of them here, they're great, convenient, food is good & cheap. I see no murders, crime, rapes, pillaging, etc. going on around there. Why do you people have a problem w/absolutely anything hispanic?
This Readers comment from LA Times on line sums it up

Quote:
This issue is not about ethnicity or racism, this is about a group of individuals who found out that they can only do this type of business in Unincorporated areas of the County, with exception to small pockets in the City of LA. Overtime, due to LA County's lack of enforcement it helped create this environment. Other cities don't tolerate this illegal behavior, they practice a zero tolerance. You might have a quick, inexpensive bite to eat but little do people know that as you make taco truck owners richer your are making the communities poorer in the long run.
Readers Comments: "Hooray for taco trucks, roach coaches, and street vendors! Hooray for food culture!" <i>-Johnny</i> Read more and share your thoughts. - Los Angeles Times (broken link)

Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,264 times
Does this apply to American diners that are encompassed in Taco trucks? I've seen a few around

Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your posts full of vitriol, unjustified accusations, sanctimonious indignation, et al seem to indicate that you are the one who has a problem w/absolutely anyone who is opposed to illegals. Your silly exaggerations are also uncalled for and do little to support your side of the debate.

I hope you find your "happy place" soon.
Hmmm, please see above. Oh yes, you might want to re-read your fellow posters initial posts & their reactions to others of differing opinions.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, please see above. Oh yes, you might want to re-read your fellow posters initial posts & their reactions to others of differing opinions.
My fellow posters can speak for themselves. I would appreciate it if you didn't roll all of us into one big pile of xenophobia because I want to believe that you are better than that. If you find someone to be posting something inappropriate or in violation of TOS then by all means take it to a moderator.

I have read reactions to an anti illegal's thread by the pro-illegals that were downright scathing attacks of the poster personally, even their children were attacked, because that poster happens to share a different point of view than theirs. When the only argument the opposing side has is to throw the issue aside and try to take down the individual, well then I'd say that side has effectively lost the argument.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
My fellow posters can speak for themselves. I would appreciate it if you didn't roll all of us into one big pile of xenophobia because I want to believe that you are better than that. If you find someone to be posting something inappropriate or in violation of TOS then by all means take it to a moderator.

I have read reactions to an anti illegal's thread by the pro-illegals that were downright scathing attacks of the poster personally, even their children were attacked, because that poster happens to share a different point of view than theirs. When the only argument the opposing side has is to throw the issue aside and try to take down the individual, well then I'd say that side has effectively lost the argument.
Right, I agree & I've been personally attacked, in very rude ways I might add, by a certain poster on here. More than once. So, I guess none of us are innocent.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times
Quote:

Agreed. All of that is done and the incessant stalking, whining and perpetual demanding that people answer the same question posed by different posters of the same side is both childish and annoying.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Right, I agree & I've been personally attacked, in very rude ways I might add, by a certain poster on here. More than once. So, I guess none of us are innocent.
Because certain individuals engage in this practice, means we are all guilty of it? I'm not buying what you're selling.

Again, if you feel someone stated something in violation of the TOS, by all means take it to a mod. Throwing back hate tenfold never solved anything.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:07 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,586 times
uh, lemme get a people burrito and a coke!

Man, what a joke...these people block a street by my g/f house....there is 3 houses lined up and they all sell mexican food...BS..elotes, meats..whatever...I feel like I am in Mexico...the traffic is always so bad because ppl make sharp turns into the dirt front yard w/o signaling, then expect to be let back over once they got their food. I went to take pics the other day to post, but I was disrupted by one of them. They wanted to cut ahead...F em!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
uh, lemme get a people burrito and a coke!

Man, what a joke...these people block a street by my g/f house....there is 3 houses lined up and they all sell mexican food...BS..elotes, meats..whatever...I feel like I am in Mexico...the traffic is always so bad because ppl make sharp turns into the dirt front yard w/o signaling, then expect to be let back over once they got their food. I went to take pics the other day to post, but I was disrupted by one of them. They wanted to cut ahead...F em!
LA can keep their illegal immigrant culture and all the nonsense that come with it. If I want a cheap taco I'll make the damn thing myself. People are so obsessed with cheap and convenient. I always wondered why the county where I live is so anti food vendor and now I know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration