U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,792,477 times
Reputation: 47479

Advertisements

an old argument welfare goes to illegal. no it doesnt yes it does.
the facts.
the illegal gets nothin the anchor babies get the money which the illegal controls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,977,948 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
an old argument welfare goes to illegal. no it doesnt yes it does.
the facts.
the illegal gets nothin the anchor babies get the money which the illegal controls.
Are you kidding? Illegals get free schooling, free healthcare, free welfare, free WIC, free food stamps, etc. NO ONE CAN ASK IF THEY'RE ILLEGAL, so they get everything!

Get real. If they don't get anything, how come it costs us all those millions, with hospitals closing down, and schools having problems with kids who don't speak English? And, us, the U.S. citizens don't get free healthcare ourselves? WE are paying for everyone, even those who don't belong here, anchor baby or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,938,842 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
an old argument welfare goes to illegal. no it doesnt yes it does.
the facts.
the illegal gets nothin the anchor babies get the money which the illegal controls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 860,890 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Are you kidding? Illegals get free schooling, free healthcare, free welfare, free WIC, free food stamps, etc. NO ONE CAN ASK IF THEY'RE ILLEGAL, so they get everything!

Get real. If they don't get anything, how come it costs us all those millions, with hospitals closing down, and schools having problems with kids who don't speak English? And, us, the U.S. citizens don't get free healthcare ourselves? WE are paying for everyone, even those who don't belong here, anchor baby or not.
But its always easier to blame illegals and not the Government for allowing people to take from it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:13 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,206,642 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
But its always easier to blame illegals and not the Government for allowing people to take from it
No one held a gun to an illegal alien's head and forced them to come here. They break the law of their own free will.

Illegal aliens, greedy politicians, do-nothing government and any aider and abetters-all equal in blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,712,197 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
No one held a gun to an illegal alien's head and forced them to come here. They break the law of their own free will.

Illegal aliens, greedy politicians, do-nothing government and any aider and abetters-all equal in blame.
-------------

You ever hear that joke

"Don't build the fence to high because one day American Citizen's will be fleeing what America has become"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,712,197 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
But its always easier to blame illegals and not the Government for allowing people to take from it

I agree completely . Here people blame illegal's
I understand they have valid point's but it's "our" politician"s job to prevent this to stop this.

illegal's couldn't care less if they break the law by crossing .Calderon tell's them it's fine go do it.

America's politician's are the culprit either they close the border's or the 1000 they deport will be back soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,133 posts, read 30,380,974 times
Reputation: 17905
All the more reason to end the anchor baby status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Major Metro
1,083 posts, read 2,066,696 times
Reputation: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
But its always easier to blame illegals and not the Government for allowing people to take from it
The ineptitude of the gov't is at play here but it is hard to manage well when you can't ask about illegal status and illegals come here equipped with fake ids and social security numbers so they can beat the system. It would take hundreds of more gov't staff to manage all the abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2008, 04:48 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,712,197 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
The ineptitude of the gov't is at play here but it is hard to manage well when you can't ask about illegal status and illegals come here equipped with fake ids and social security numbers so they can beat the system. It would take hundreds of more gov't staff to manage all the abuse.
----------

Let's say you have an area a town,etc where the illegal population was growing.
Citizen's filed complaint's the local council/assembly/Mayor did nothing.

Wouldn't you consider them an enabler?

By doing nothing I mean atleast look into it .

Being an enabler when it comes to illegal's is easy impossible to get caught on the pay roll as all a politician has to do is turn a blind eye to it .

No need for any action simply ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top