Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

County Supervisor alarmed at amount of taxpayer funding going to illegals.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected nearly $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in July 2008, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance for July 2008 and over $17 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million.

Annually, the cost of illegal immigration to Los Angeles County taxpayers exceeds over one billion dollars, which includes $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $432 million in welfare allocations. This does not include millions of dollars for education.

“Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “With $220 million, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year - not including the millions of dollars for education.”
http://oneoldvet.com/?p=7906

Is it any wonder they are flat broke and Americans are fleeing for their lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected nearly $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in July 2008, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance for July 2008 and over $17 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million.

Annually, the cost of illegal immigration to Los Angeles County taxpayers exceeds over one billion dollars, which includes $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $432 million in welfare allocations. This does not include millions of dollars for education.

“Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “With $220 million, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year - not including the millions of dollars for education.”

Hew wait a minute! I was told over and over again that Illegals are good for America! I was also told that they all come here to work! Whats going on? (BTW..sarcasm is on)

Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hew wait a minute! I was told over and over again that Illegals are good for America! I was also told that they all come here to work! Whats going on? (BTW..sarcasm is on)
CA has the highest number of illegal aliens of any state. If having illegal aliens is such a benefit, why is CA flat broke?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:36 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
CA has the highest number of illegal aliens of any state. If having illegal aliens is such a benefit, why is CA flat broke?
Because you got too much thrash in the city that want to hangout or sit in a couch with your tax money.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:

That claim by Antovich has been debunked before by another county supervisor.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Do you have a link? I'd be very interested in reading it. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing some kind of proof, also...

Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I would also like a link.

I did google it and had nothing come up.

Or is this typical denial and obtusification at work..........

Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
I looked on the LA Department of Public services website and found no evidence that makes this true.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:57 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
I did find this page on his website...

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION (http://antonovich.co.la.ca.us/issues/illegalimmigration/index.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration