U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,864,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You people are sooo paranoid, when and how did he imply that immigrants should vote illegally? Don't you know that legal immigrants who have become citizens can also vote?
This may be true but the percentage of our population made up of Latino legal immigrants is really quite small. So it would only be common sense to think he was speaking to a much larger audience.

That being said, I wonder how easy it is for an illegal to go out and vote. I would think it would be rather difficult without any real documentation. And I too believe the Obama crowd are just reaching for any votes they can get. If they give legal Latino citizens hope that this president will manage to grant amnesty to their illegal brethren, then they will be more likely to vote his way. But seeing as how neither candidate has shown an inch of backbone on the issue of illegal immigration, I'd say the Latino community can pretty much vote for either one they want. They both have the same agenda waiting for them when they reach the White House anyway. And both will be used to further the corporate agenda which calls for the legalization of our illegals.

And, as many of my compatriots on this forum have already made clear, we will fight against this with every resource we can muster. Because in the end it comes down to simple right and wrong. We have laws in this great nation put in place to enable our country to sustain its sovereignty and security. Those who do not follow those laws are committing criminal acts. In this country a criminal act does not go unpunished( unless you are rich), so all illegals are susceptible to the punishments put in place for their crimes. Namely, deportation!

So lets just stop debating this issue, because there is no argument on the pro side that can stand up against these basic truths of our system of laws. These people are criminals, and they should have to answer for their crime. It's as simple as that folks, and nothing the pro illegal crowd can say will ever hold up against this simple argument. Case Closed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You people are sooo paranoid, when and how did he imply that immigrants should vote illegally? Don't you know that legal immigrants who have become citizens can also vote?
Maybe the confusion arises from the proillegal sides insistance that no one is illegal and by calling illegal immigrants just plain immigrants.

It must suck to be a legal immigrant of hispanic descent --- all the hoops they had to jump thru, all the forms they had to fill out, all the lines they stood in, all the money they paid to be lumped in with anyone and everyone who strolled across the border and demand the rights of citizens

Old 08-28-2008, 07:15 PM

23,003 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Maybe the confusion arises from the proillegal sides insistance that no one is illegal and by calling illegal immigrants just plain immigrants.

It must suck to be a legal immigrant of hispanic descent --- all the hoops they had to jump thru, all the forms they had to fill out, all the lines they stood in, all the money they paid to be lumped in with anyone and everyone who strolled across the border and demand the rights of citizens
All the more reason they need to make more noise about securing our border and enforcing immigration laws.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Actually, here in San Diego the Latino population is large and most are fed up with the whole Illegal Immigrant thing. That is the ones here "legally" are tired of being painted because of the hordes of Illegal Aliens. If you need proof check out the number of Border Patrol who are Hispanic. These are the true heros in this mess.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:22 PM

582 posts, read 1,785,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

I'm hispanic and did not have to jump through any hoops,fill out any papers and did not have to wait in any line.I was legal the second i was born and so is everyone in family and we are all productive citizens.
Our biggest problems is ignorant people ilke you putting a smiley face on your post and saying it must suck for legal hispanics.You are the problem and it's people like you that make legal hispanics lives miserable.No smiley face from me because that's not a joke.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I'm hispanic and did not have to jump through any hoops,fill out any papers and did not have to wait in any line.I was legal the second i was born and so is everyone in family and we are all productive citizens.
Our biggest problems is ignorant people ilke you putting a smiley face on your post and saying it must suck for legal hispanics.You are the problem and it's people like you that make legal hispanics lives miserable.No smiley face from me because that's not a joke.
What?

How can a law abiding American be blamed for this? Seriously? We have turned the other way long enough. Do u think Joe Sixpack is responsible for this? Have you considered pointing your blame at the Mexican Govt who could give a rat butt about the well being of impoverished Mexican migrants looking to better their lives except for the remittance they send back home? How do you feel about Americans buying up all the land in Baja? I think that is bogus. Businesses want illegal labor as do some residents who hire them but I guarantee that number is way, way down. At some point you have to cut it off. Would you feel the same if it was blonde haired, blued eyed Canadians causing the problem? Or is this an Hispanic thing vs an American thing?

I can tell you this, I haven't personally hired an illegal EVER. Doesn't mean I haven't benefited from it unknowingly but I've seen enough. Never again.

What Country are you loyal to? If America what do you worry? Be worried about the 20 million plus pouring across that are giving Latinos a bad name or are you ok with that?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What?

How can a law abiding American be blamed for this? Seriously? We have turned the other way long enough. Do u think Joe Sixpack is responsible for this? Have you considered pointing your blame at the Mexican Govt who could give a rat butt about the well being of impoverished Mexican migrants looking to better their lives except for the remittance they send back home? How do you feel about Americans buying up all the land in Baja? I think that is bogus. Businesses want illegal labor as do some residents who hire them but I guarantee that number is way, way down. At some point you have to cut it off. Would you feel the same if it was blonde haired, blued eyed Canadians causing the problem? Or is this an Hispanic thing vs an American thing?

I can tell you this, I haven't personally hired an illegal EVER. Doesn't mean I haven't benefited from it unknowingly but I've seen enough. Never again.

What Country are you loyal to? If America what do you worry? Be worried about the 20 million plus pouring across that are giving Latinos a bad name or are you ok with that?
You must be about 12.Did you read her post? How it must suck for legal hispanics! or do you need brain surgery?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
I can certainly appreciate your angst, as well as your anger. However, it is not anti-illegals who have made the lives of legal Hispanics miserable. You can thank so-called Hispanic advocacy groups such as La Raza, LULAC, and MALDEF for linking legal Hispanic with illegal aliens.

It was Janet Murguia who stated that opposition to illegal immigration was tantamount to opposition to ALL Hispanics. She said you are all the same, not us. They continue to juxtapose legal with illegal, and refuse to make a distinction. They continue to refuse to refer to Hispanics illegally residing in this country as illegal aliens. They continue to indoctrinate illegal aliens with a false and arrogant sense of entitlement, and to feed them the lie that they have a moral right to be here.

If you truly want to demonize someone for the treatment many Hispanics are now receiving, it should be these groups who operate as benevolent civil rights advocates for Hispanics, who are nothing more than modern-day slave traders. I’ve said it several times before, and I say it again……..La Raza, et al. are as despicable as the African tribal leaders who betrayed their own people for profit.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can certainly appreciate your angst, as well as your anger. However, it is not anti-illegals who have made the lives of legal Hispanics miserable. You can thank so-called Hispanic advocacy groups such as La Raza, LULAC, and MALDEF for linking legal Hispanic with illegal aliens.

It was Janet Murguia who stated that opposition to illegal immigration was tantamount to opposition to ALL Hispanics. She said you are all the same, not us. They continue to juxtapose legal with illegal, and refuse to make a distinction. They continue to refuse to refer to Hispanics illegally residing in this country as illegal aliens. They continue to indoctrinate illegal aliens with a false and arrogant sense of entitlement, and to feed them the lie that they have a moral right to be here.

If you truly want to demonize someone for the treatment many Hispanics are now receiving, it should be these groups who operate as benevolent civil rights advocates for Hispanics, who are nothing more than modern-day slave traders. I’ve said it several times before, and I say it again……..La Raza, et al. are as despicable as the African tribal leaders who betrayed their own people for profit.
I am not angry but for someone to say it must suck for legal hispanics that bothers me.But you know what?That is what this forum is about hidden racism.If anyone got any balls come out and say you are a racist.Don't be hiding behind immigration.There are a few that can make sense out of immigration but for the most part it's all about race and nothing else.Come out of the closet!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
I am not angry but for someone to say it must suck for legal hispanics that bothers me.But you know what?That is what this forum is about hidden racism.If anyone got any balls come out and say you are a racist.Don't be hiding behind immigration.There are a few that can make sense out of immigration but for the most part it's all about race and nothing else.Come out of the closet!
That is an unfair characterization of both this forum and the regular members. Granted, there are racists on both sides of this debate. However, race/ethnicity has no bearing on my opposition to illegal immigration; nor is it relevant for most regular anti-illegals who post here.

Illegal aliens come in all colors. This is not an issue of race; it is an issue of the Rule of Law and the sovereignty of our nation. The same organizations that facilitate illegal immigration for personal gain, also propagate the lie that opposition to illegal immigration equates to being a racist, xenophobe, nativist, and myriad other derogatory labels intended to vilify and silence all who oppose this invasion.

The race card trumps nothing. Therefore, it has been removed from the deck. You'll have to choose something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or