U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I'm hispanic and did not have to jump through any hoops,fill out any papers and did not have to wait in any line.I was legal the second i was born and so is everyone in family and we are all productive citizens.
Our biggest problems is ignorant people ilke you putting a smiley face on your post and saying it must suck for legal hispanics.You are the problem and it's people like you that make legal hispanics lives miserable.No smiley face from me because that's not a joke.
Perhaps you missed the whole 'legal immigrant of hispanic descent' --- how you got native born American citizen of hispanic descent out of that, I have no idea. Furthermore, wtf? How is what I said racist in anyway? You keep harping on the 'it must suck' phrase, but not the content of what I wrote. I stand by what I wrote that if you are a legal immigrant (and that is a hell of a lot different then being a native born citizen, regardless of ethnic background) it must indeed suck to be lumped in with illegal immigrants. How is that racist? Please, tell me - enlighten me - educate me because I do not see it. Or do you feel that Hispanics have become a sacred cow that cannot be touched in the immigration debate, unless of course they are flying the mexican flag and chanting in spanish.....and even then, don't dare mention it.
I do not have any idea how I make other american citizens lives miserable. I guess it is the whole, if you are against illegal immigration you are a racist crap. Very very tired argument that is having less and less impact. and I will smiley if I want to, since c-d has yet to add a vomiting emoticon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That is an unfair characterization of both this forum and the regular members. Granted, there are racists on both sides of this debate. However, race/ethnicity has no bearing on my opposition to illegal immigration; nor is it relevant for most regular anti-illegals who post here.

Illegal aliens come in all colors. This is not an issue of race; it is an issue of the Rule of Law and the sovereignty of our nation. The same organizations that facilitate illegal immigration for personal gain, also propagate the lie that opposition to illegal immigration equates to being a racist, xenophobe, nativist, and myriad other derogatory labels intended to vilify and silence all who oppose this invasion.

The race card trumps nothing. Therefore, it has been removed from the deck. You'll have to choose something else.

Absolutely!

Nicolem

Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 AM

306 posts, read 1,035,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"If you want change, it is time for Latinos and for immigrants to rally behind the next President of the United States, Barack Obama. Tonight, I ask my friends in the Latino community, in the immigrant community, please join me, because Barack Obama is the change we need," said Rep. Gutierrez

"[W]hen Barack Obama occupies the White House, that is the community our president will defend and respect by fighting for comprehensive immigration reform. Reform that keeps mothers and children and families together. Reform that brings hard-working people out of the shadows of disgrace and into the sunlight of dignity. That enforces our laws, keeps our borders secure, and our nation safe," Gutierrez added.

Most of the mainstream media ignored the speech so as not to let Americans know what an Obama presidency will truly mean: no more borders, more aliens, more welfare, and more crime.

Congressman Gutierrez has been a long-time proponent of amnesty and opponent of immigration enforcement. He even went so far recently as to openly call for a suspension of all such immigration enforcement actions until Congress passes "comprehensive" immigration reform.

In an article I wrote earlier this month, I exposed Gutierrez and his recent remarks. Adopting the rhetoric of the radical left, Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) explicitly compared the actions of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency to those of Nazi Germany's most infamous secret police force, the Gestapo.

DNC Convention: Democrat Congressman Urges Immigrants to Illegally Vote? by Breaking News

I have no doubt every illegal alien and dead person in Chicago will be lined up at he polls to vote. This is what happens when traitors and crooks occupy government offices.
Oh please.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
Oh please.
Home | Connecticut (broken link), Voter Fraud (broken link)
Dead Voters Still Showing Up on Election Records, Puzzling Officials

by FOXNews.com
Monday, June 9, 2008

[LEFT]By Eric Shawn[/LEFT]
Jane Drury voted last year in an election in Stonington, Conn. The only problem is, she died eight years ago.
Her daughter, Jane Gumpel, thought someone must have goofed.
“I was surprised because this is not possible,” she said.
But it did happen. The town clerk’s record clearly shows Drury’s vote, marked by a horizontal line poll workers put next to her name. And it turns out Drury isn’t the only voter who apparently cast a ballot from the grave.
The issue of dead voters showing up on ballot records continues to be a problem for election administrators across the country.
Journalism professor Marcel Dufresne of the University of Connecticut led a class investigation into dead voters and said his group of 11 students discovered 8,558 deceased people who were still registered on Connecticut’s voter rolls. They said more than 300 of them appeared somehow to have cast ballots after they died.

Dead Voters Still Showing Up on Election Records, Puzzling Officials - America’s Election HQ

I was born and raised in Chicago, dead people have been voting there for decades. Chicago is a sanctuary, I'm sure its been arranged for illegal aliens to vote alongside the dead in the upcoming presidential election.

This article confirms that it's not the only city where dead people vote. What, did you think I make this stuff up?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
[ I was born and raised in Chicago, dead people have been voting there for decades. Chicago is a sanctuary, I'm sure its been arranged for illegal aliens to vote alongside the dead in the upcoming presidential election.

This article confirms that it's not the only city where dead people vote. What, did you think I make this stuff up?
Dead people and illegal aliens have been voting for years; which is precisely why our candidates are pandering to them. They know they will be voting in November.

Of course states such as mine, make it oh so easy for illegals to vote by issuing them driver's licenses, conveniently including a voter registration form. One has only to sign on the dotted line to "affirm" U.S. citizenship. We all know how 'honest' illegals are.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:28 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Dead people and illegal aliens have been voting for years; which is precisely why our candidates are pandering to them. They know they will be voting in November.

Of course states such as mine, make it oh so easy for illegals to vote by issuing them driver's licenses, conveniently including a voter registration form. One has only to sign on the dotted line to "affirm" U.S. citizenship. We all know how 'honest' illegals are.
Agreed. The same can be said about Illinois. If Barack wins by a large margin, I will have no doubt that it was the votes of illegal aliens and the "living dead" that will result in the blow out.

I listened intently to his speech last night and he walked around verbal landmines to blur the lines between the passing of legislation that ensures a college education to "all children in America" vs. American children. He also treaded lightly and all but skipped over the topic of illegal immigration but the one liner he had that pertained to it was met with dead silence. I found that quite interesting.

The fan boys and girls cheered him on in oblivion. My fax machine remains revved up for the occasion . . ..

Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,505,293 times
Quote:
Really? and then you woke up. I really am tired of you and your childish antics. I promise this is the last time I will acknowledge you or what you spew in any form. Goodbye and good luck finding your next target of harrassment.
I see how it is, someone doesn't agree w/your posts so they call you out on them & you get mad, stamp your feet, call names & then conveniently turn it around & make it look like it's me that is doing all of the insulting. Stick to the topic at hand, maybe if you focus on that instead of your obvious attempt at trying to get me off this forum you'd have better luck at posting a concise & intelligent argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or