U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:55 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Let's see. The property values have also plummeted? This seems like a domino effect.
I agree, a high Illegal Immigrant population usually does drop property values due the influx of poverty which equals a higher crime rate and graffiti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I agree, a high Illegal Immigrant population usually does drop property values due the influx of poverty which equals a higher crime rate and graffiti.
Either your being ignorant, or something else . The article was is about the effects of illegal immigrants leaving that town. One of those causes is a plummeting housing market. Get now?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Either your being ignorant, or something else . The article was is about the effects of illegal immigrants leaving that town. One of those causes is a plummeting housing market. Get now?
I was yanking your chain but I guessed you missed it.

I feel zero "sorry" for anyone who is renting to Illegal Aliens.

As in the case of the other big raid word got out immediately that these workers were making pretty good money and those jobs were filled by LEGAL Immigrants from the neighboring states. Many who recently arrived from Libya and spoke very good English BTW. Did you miss that article?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
No one answered my question. This town was benefitted by illegals?
I answered that the town got what it deserved

Old 08-29-2008, 05:45 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have thought it would be good to have Lisa Ling come here to Southern Arizona, go out in the desert and see the dirty side of immigration. She usually does this type of investigation. She was the one that went to china, and found out about the dying room, where female babies were left to die without food or water.
Big difference there, sassyone!

No one is forcing illegals from Mexico, etc. to cross into the USA------------what is going on with China's BS policy towards girl babies is disgusting to be polite.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 12,903,124 times
The article on Laurel Mississippi also stated that in 2002 that company recieved ---$30.5 MILLION -- from the state of Mississippi to expand.

Since Mississippi is not a wealthy state, perhaps they should monitor more closely the companies they give money to !

Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Big difference there, sassyone!

No one is forcing illegals from Mexico, etc. to cross into the USA------------what is going on with China's BS policy towards girl babies is disgusting to be polite.
I know that the China reporting is totally different that the Illegal problem, but if she did go into the desert she would uncover a lot of the hateful side of immigration, from the coyotes, bandits all different forms of abuse.
It is their choice to make the trip, but no one deserves to be mistreated by anyone.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I know that the China reporting is totally different that the Illegal problem, but if she did go into the desert she would uncover a lot of the hateful side of immigration, from the coyotes, bandits all different forms of abuse.
It is their choice to make the trip, but no one deserves to be mistreated by anyone.
All the more reason to 'drop the hammer'-----------hard on illegals and their enablers.

Manyif not most of said bandits and coyotes are illegals themselves.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:35 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Quote:
Actually, it was the high amount of rentals that were now sitting empty. (and the baby businesses, but we won't mention that)
At anyrate, I foresee those empty rentals getting, well rented when this company begins hiring us resident workers. In fact, I would think that now the business was paying a living wage, those rentals will soon become single family homes.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:31 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,903,124 times
I think the raids (and the publicity of the raids) is doing some good.

There is a packing plant about 25 miles from me that hardly ever advertised for help in the papers. A friend of mine applied there and was told they only would hire him if he spoke Spanish because that is what the workforce mainly spoke.

Just yesterday, I noticed them running a quarter page ad for help in the newspaper (in ENGLISH) and at a HIGHER wage than they used to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration