Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:18 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,331,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
As that old commercial used to say...'If you can't do the time, don't do the crime'.

My problem is why weren't the local politician's who turned a blind eye to this for Years arrested also.

Granted it doesn't work that way but I find the politician's the greater criminal's and like I like to say "How much money did Mexico,etc pay them to look the other way"

1000 are deported a 1000 return -Arrest a few politician's for not enforcing the law's and thing's now truly begin to change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 03:22 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,618,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
My problem is why weren't the local politician's who turned a blind eye to this for Years arrested also.

Granted it doesn't work that way but I find the politician's the greater criminal's and like I like to say "How much money did Mexico,etc pay them to look the other way"

1000 are deported a 1000 return -Arrest a few politician's for not enforcing the law's and thing's now truly begin to change
Yes, I totally agree to that! These large businesses in these small towns are not operating in a vacuum. I believe the local and state politicians are making money one way or another over these deals, I mean how can they be so unaware about what is going on? Money is definatly being exchanged for political silence, and I wish their would be investigations to uncover the truth.
Hey! Remember how 60 minutes used to go undercover to find corruption? Too bad Pro illegal immigration groups wouldn't allow such an operation to occur. Did you notice in the article the reporter repeatedly referred to those arrested and deported as immigrants? So much for the unbiased media

Old 08-29-2008, 03:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
I suspect that things will contunue to tighten against the illegals no matter who wins the White House. Ever since those stupid illegal immigrants' 'rights' rallies in May of 2006---------almost without fail, things are blowing up in the faces of said illegals and their enablers.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:43 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,331,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yes, I totally agree to that! These large businesses in these small towns are not operating in a vacuum. I believe the local and state politicians are making money one way or another over these deals, I mean how can they be so unaware about what is going on? Money is definatly being exchanged for political silence, and I wish their would be investigations to uncover the truth.
Hey! Remember how 60 minutes used to go undercover to find corruption? Too bad Pro illegal immigration groups wouldn't allow such an operation to occur. Did you notice in the article the reporter repeatedly referred to those arrested and deported as immigrants? So much for the unbiased media
------------

I know of 60 min but never saw it . The American media though bias is pretty good compared to Hispanic media.

Most Hispanic media if possible via high tech would impose Nazi uniform's on ICE.

It's easy to corrupt a politician ,judge,etc.

The money is deposited over-seas in safe deposit where America has no jurisdiction .

Media now doesn't even bother investigating unless its tabloid trash junk like why Paris Hilton doesnt eat peas ,etc lol

Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,089,021 times
I have thought it would be good to have Lisa Ling come here to Southern Arizona, go out in the desert and see the dirty side of immigration. She usually does this type of investigation. She was the one that went to china, and found out about the dying room, where female babies were left to die without food or water.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:23 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,153,205 times
No one answered my question. This town was benefitted by illegals?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have thought it would be good to have Lisa Ling come here to Southern Arizona, go out in the desert and see the dirty side of immigration. She usually does this type of investigation. She was the one that went to china, and found out about the dying room, where female babies were left to die without food or water.
She doesn't have to go to the desert to see the "dirty side" of (illegal) immigration. She can visit any city or town in America that has been invaded by illegal aliens.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:30 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,618,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Hate to disagree with you, as I am very happy with anyone repeating this. But Lisa Ling wasn't the first to break that, I recall reading about it back in 1996. Still, I am glad that Lisa Ling continues to bring it to the light. Maybe it will start to shame China into doing what is right.

Now, about the desert.....I would have to disagree with you there as well. A reporter going into the desert to see immigrants coming in will get one hell of a sympathetic puff piece -- moms with little children, young men looking for work etc... but they won't get the real story of immigration. And by that I mean who is profiting? How much do small town mayors know of the businesses hiring practices in their town? How much are they paid to look the other way? That is the real story, and that is a story no reporter will touch for fear of being called a xenophobic racist.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:34 PM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
No one answered my question. This town was benefited by illegals?
The business that the town was built around benefited. The people of the State that pay the taxes that the Illegals are using via Social Services most certainly do not. This is the case throughout America no matter what size the town. A few businesses get rich off the backs of Illegal slaves and are subsidized by tax payer dollars to provide illegal services for the trespassers.

And since they had stolen SS#s I don't think the people that rightfully own them are benefitting do u?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:41 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,153,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The business that the town was built around benefited. The people of the State that pay the taxes that the Illegals are using via Social Services most certainly do not. This is the case throughout America no matter what size the town. A few businesses get rich off the backs of Illegal slaves and are subsidized by tax payer dollars to provide illegal services for the trespassers.

And since they had stolen SS#s I don't think the people that rightfully own them are benefitting do u?

Let's see. The property values have also plummeted? This seems like a domino effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration