Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

Daily, between 200 and 400 Salvadorans weighed down by unemployment or precarious economic situations decide to leave the country and set off on their journey as undocumented ones, the majority to the United States, according to data from international organizations.

According to official figures, in the last three years 216,773 Salvadorans have been deported back to the country from different nations, especially the United States, Mexico and Canada.

The Salvadoran government is also worried by the constant operations which the United States immigration officials carry out in search of undocumented workers in factories and other establishments.
Escobar said “The risk of being detained and deported continues to be felt due to the policy of that country and of the application of its present law about immigration.”
El Salvador carries out a radio campaign warning against traveling undocumented to the United States because of the “dangers” of the trip.
595 persons were detained Monday in a round-up of illegal immigrants in a factory in Laurel, Misisipi (sic), among whom it is presumed there are at least four citizens of El Salvador, according to data from the Chancery. The Vice-Chancellor pointed out the need for a resumption of discussion of the design of an integral immigration policy which can give stability to the millions of people who live in that country illegally.
The official said “Once the political time takes place, Congress must return (to the discussion of) integral immigration reform”
Some 2.8 million Salvadorans live abroad, 2.3 million of them in the United States and their individual monetary remittances are important in upholding the country’s economy..

El Salvador, according to the Central Reserve Bank, closed 2007 with a total of 3.695,3 billion dollars, 6.5% more than in 2006 and this represents 18.1% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product.

U.S. assailed for it’s immigration enforcement policies « M3 Report

With all of the billions flowing out of our country is it any wonder why our economy is tanking. Wow . . . just wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
I agree. We are the biggest source of GDP for many of these countries. Add up what they are sending home w/ what jobs we may have in factories in their countries and what tourism dollars Americans leave behind in these countries - you might say we are keeping up Mexico and several other central american countries. Pretty crazy.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I agree. We are the biggest source of GDP for many of these countries. Add up what they are sending home w/ what jobs we may have in factories in their countries and what tourism dollars Americans leave behind in these countries - you might say we are keeping up Mexico and several other central american countries. Pretty crazy.
Countries from all over the world depend on us. Something happens to us, its a domino effect.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:53 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Not only is it crazy, it is draining us of both natural and economical resources. It's way past time to seal the borders, a temporary moratorium on legal immigration until we can get rid of everybody who is here illegally, albeit through self deportation or attrition through enforcement. We need to get our house in order while we still have one.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I can't say that I am all that worried about other countries feeling the impact of us enforcing our immigration laws. Perhaps those other countries should change their internal practices to make life better for their own citizens rather than relying on us to do it for them.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I can't say that I am all that worried about other countries feeling the impact of us enforcing our immigration laws. Perhaps those other countries should change their internal practices to make life better for their own citizens rather than relying on us to do it for them.
Yes I agree. I think it is about time that our government puts America and her legal citizens first. If the rest of the world doesn't like it-tough.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Daily, between 200 and 400 Salvadorans weighed down by unemployment or precarious economic situations decide to leave the country and set off on their journey as undocumented ones, the majority to the United States, according to data from international organizations.

According to official figures, in the last three years 216,773 Salvadorans have been deported back to the country from different nations, especially the United States, Mexico and Canada.

The Salvadoran government is also worried by the constant operations which the United States immigration officials carry out in search of undocumented workers in factories and other establishments.
Escobar said “The risk of being detained and deported continues to be felt due to the policy of that country and of the application of its present law about immigration.”
El Salvador carries out a radio campaign warning against traveling undocumented to the United States because of the “dangers” of the trip.
595 persons were detained Monday in a round-up of illegal immigrants in a factory in Laurel, Misisipi (sic), among whom it is presumed there are at least four citizens of El Salvador, according to data from the Chancery. The Vice-Chancellor pointed out the need for a resumption of discussion of the design of an integral immigration policy which can give stability to the millions of people who live in that country illegally.
The official said “Once the political time takes place, Congress must return (to the discussion of) integral immigration reform”
Some 2.8 million Salvadorans live abroad, 2.3 million of them in the United States and their individual monetary remittances are important in upholding the country’s economy..

El Salvador, according to the Central Reserve Bank, closed 2007 with a total of 3.695,3 billion dollars, 6.5% more than in 2006 and this represents 18.1% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product.

U.S. assailed for it’s immigration enforcement policies « M3 Report

With all of the billions flowing out of our country is it any wonder why our economy is tanking. Wow . . . just wow
Can someone see the irony here: Mexico apparently does not want illegals in its nation either despite 'em also being Hispanic.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:08 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
-----------

That will never happen .
I honestly and sadly can not think of a Hispanic MALE politician worth a damn and I include S.Florida in that.
The election's in Latin America if any are a farce and impossible to remove them .

Mexico's Calderon who claim's to be educated in Harvard but speak's limited English stole the election like a zilion other's in Latin America.

There are exception's like the "new" Colombian Pres who is a breath of fresh air in a sewer of corruption that Latin America is but he is rare .

Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-----------

That will never happen .
I honestly and sadly can not think of a Hispanic MALE politician worth a damn and I include S.Florida in that.
The election's in Latin America if any are a farce and impossible to remove them .

Mexico's Calderon who claim's to be educated in Harvard but speak's limited English stole the election like a zilion other's in Latin America.

There are exception's like the "new" Colombian Pres who is a breath of fresh air in a sewer of corruption that Latin America is but he is rare .
Now for irony:

Several English politicians of 'Hispanic' heritage did quite well in Great Britain-----------Michael Portillo (defence minister) and David Ricardo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration