U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,906,390 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As you stated-----------especially your statement that I bolded
That must be before americans became lazy and didn't want to work for aliving anymore. Probibly about the same time americans decided that illegals do better work and deserve to work in our own country more than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
391 posts, read 742,002 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you could please define Mexican in your posts it would help. Hispanic Americans are just that Americans. Mexicans are from Mexico and if in the US are the ones we are concerned about if they are here illegally.

Originally Posted by chey2u
I never said they weren't. I have also known when in AZ the attrocity done to the mexican people. shot, raped, killed etc.
Well accourding to my hipanics they are mexican, guatemalan, cuban, spainard etc. But those I have seen that were the above mentioned victims were mexican and guatemalen and not all illegal. Not all Mexicans are from Mexico. Mine is Guatemalan but says he is mexican or hispanic. and just for you others that are wetting yourself over this he is a USA citizen. My Guatemalan friend wilfido was a USA / Guatemalan and Murdered by bandits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,313,352 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Well accourding to my hipanics they are mexican, guatemalan, cuban, spainard etc. But those I have seen that were the above mentioned victims were mexican and guatemalen and not all illegal. Not all Mexicans are from Mexico. Mine is Guatemalan but says he is mexican or hispanic. and just for you others that are wetting yourself over this he is a USA citizen. My Guatemalan friend wilfido was a USA / Guatemalan and Murdered by bandits
My goodness!! You own Hispanics? I thought that slavery was outlawed in our country.

How in the hell can you say that, "Not all Mexicans are from Mexico?" That is the most absurd statement anyone could possibly make. If one is a Mexican, they are from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,662,080 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
My goodness!! You own Hispanics? I thought that slavery was outlawed in our country.

How in the hell can you say that, "Not all Mexicans are from Mexico?" That is the most absurd statement anyone could possibly make. If one is a Mexican, they are from Mexico.
Consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
My goodness!! You own Hispanics? I thought that slavery was outlawed in our country.

How in the hell can you say that, "Not all Mexicans are from Mexico?" That is the most absurd statement anyone could possibly make. If one is a Mexican, they are from Mexico.
It's frightening, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,945,543 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First, how do you outsource someone slinging a hammer on your roof? How do you outsource a Company that is hands on like those who would install fixtures in your kitchen? These arenas would never disappear.
I said that many jobs will be outsourced and many will simply be eliminated due to decreased demand for goods and services. If you need to fix your roof and can't afford to hire US citizen workers (at least $30 an hour each, plus insurance, taxes and benefits), then guess what? You are not going to hire them, period. A leaky roof will not force anyone to materialize money that's not there. You would use your pots and pans as long as you possibly can and/or fix your roof yourself. Companies that hire only legal workers won't suddenly be flooded with business. And kitchen fixtures -- you'll live with your "old" fixtures for as long as they are even barely functional (which may be as long as 30 years), doing all necessary minor repairs yourself -- that's what people do in places where cheap labor is unavailable. And when the fixtures do go utterly caput, you'll install new ones yourself, safety be d-d. I've lived in a highly industrialized society that was exactly like that -- where people used their vacations to put up wallpaper, paint ceilings and install windows with the help of their relatives, so it's not in the least extreme. In most places in the world -- even well-to-do countries -- having skilled people work on your home is a luxury prohibitively expensive for most, especially if it is for purely aesthetic purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So the price of a cheap burger goes up. The price of produce goes up. Fine! The wages of jobs would still go up in many sectors as there would be no slave labor to fill it.
But the wages of jobs that are not traditionally filled with slave labor will not. So for many, if not most, people, life will suddenly get very expensive very fast -- without anything to compensate for it. I'm just wondering whether the zealots are aware of, and willing to pay, the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
 
Location: el paso texas
2,625 posts, read 10,061,125 times
Reputation: 1848
exactly, everybody complains about gas, what will they do, when everything goes up, let me guess??? wait i know.....much of waht they do now....***** and complain, and find somebody else to blame!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,854 posts, read 30,126,734 times
Reputation: 17720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I said that many jobs will be outsourced and many will simply be eliminated due to decreased demand for goods and services. If you need to fix your roof and can't afford to hire US citizen workers (at least $30 an hour each, plus insurance, taxes and benefits), then guess what? You are not going to hire them, period. A leaky roof will not force anyone to materialize money that's not there. You would use your pots and pans as long as you possibly can and/or fix your roof yourself. Companies that hire only legal workers won't suddenly be flooded with business. And kitchen fixtures -- you'll live with your "old" fixtures for as long as they are even barely functional (which may be as long as 30 years), doing all necessary minor repairs yourself -- that's what people do in places where cheap labor is unavailable. And when the fixtures do go utterly caput, you'll install new ones yourself, safety be d-d. I've lived in a highly industrialized society that was exactly like that -- where people used their vacations to put up wallpaper, paint ceilings and install windows with the help of their relatives, so it's not in the least extreme. In most places in the world -- even well-to-do countries -- having skilled people work on your home is a luxury prohibitively expensive for most, especially if it is for purely aesthetic purposes.



But the wages of jobs that are not traditionally filled with slave labor will not. So for many, if not most, people, life will suddenly get very expensive very fast -- without anything to compensate for it. I'm just wondering whether the zealots are aware of, and willing to pay, the price.

Not agreeing with this at all. For many it is like this already. I do all my own repairs and even have a second job I can do for added cash. Less than 20 years ago this "cheap labor" pool wasn't available. We somehow managed to survive.

Being able to enter an ER without a 10 hour wait? Priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,906,985 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not agreeing with this at all. For many it is like this already. I do all my own repairs and even have a second job I can do for added cash. Less than 20 years ago this "cheap labor" pool wasn't available. We somehow managed to survive.

Being able to enter an ER without a 10 hour wait? Priceless.
Priceless indeed . . . . there's a long list of things other things that I can think of off the top of my head that I long for the return of in this country. Just the return of sanity would be a great start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,313,352 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Priceless indeed . . . . there's a long list of things other things that I can think of off the top of my head that I long for the return of in this country. Just the return of sanity would be a great start.
Sanity would return us to the rule of law and illegals would be sent back home without all of the crappy trials and such they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top