U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:13 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasvina View Post
If everybody moved back to their countries then who would do the dirty min-wage jobs? I'm sure you would be the first to clean bowel movement off the bottom of elderly, or work for Mac Donalds for $9.00 an hr LOL. I love the way we Americans sit back an judge people and not truely know their situation. Let me share alittle with you. My husband is from Indonesia, he came to the USA in 1999 he applied for an asyulm program, 89% of the population is muslim in Indonesia. My husband is christian, if you don't know what happens to christians in Indonesia look it up on youtube sometime. Well after 7,000 dollars and nine years later he was denied and ordered a final order of deportation. My husband work for the same company for nine years, and had a social security card that was given to him, and payed this goverment their taxes. I came in to my husbands life at the tale end for this situation by then it was to late he had to leave. My husaband was a better citizen then myself. So think before you judge! did you ever think that maybe those parents were trying to provide a safe life for their children? Everyone deserves freedom, and who is to say other wise. Oh and don't say they're taking all of our jobs, believe me your all to good for the jobs they do, right? Have a bless night!
And your husband deserved time in prison due to his use of a fraudulent SSN------------that is a Felony.

We do not want his kind here. Got it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And your husband deserved time in prison due to his use of a fraudulent SSN------------that is a Felony.

We do not want his kind here. Got it?
I wonder why it is that so many do not understand that we have laws in this country. I do realize that illegals seem to get a pass for most of them but some people are really grasping at straws.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I wonder why it is that so many do not understand that we have laws in this country. I do realize that illegals seem to get a pass for most of them but some people are really grasping at straws.
The illegals' desperation is growing from what I can ascertain. They know the *** is up.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,127,846 times
Quote:
If everybody moved back to their countries then who would do the dirty min-wage jobs? I'm sure you would be the first to clean bowel movement off the bottom of elderly, or work for Mac Donald's for $9.00 an hr LOL.

Just so you know there are plenty of AMERICANS who work in our hospitals and wipe butts for a living. One being my mother, a white lady, from America born and breed here. She was a nurse and if that is what was needed she did it for 40 years. I see plenty of Americans that are qualified and do many levels of nursing as needed. This is not just a job for illegals.
The McDonald jobs and jobs like these, have always been done by high school students or collage, now these jobs are given to outside help. As we tell our children that job is not good enough for you, this is why kids don't want these jobs anymore. We are encouraging our kids to be lazy and too count on the government to get you were you need to be. As my dad always told me start from the bottom to get to the top. Now our youth want the top and work ethic is out the door.

I just find it a little strange, as Democrats are bitching lose of jobs the economy is falling and we are still bringing others in as if AMERICA has to many jobs available and NO AMERICANS to work them this just doesn't make since!!

Quote:
Americans sit back an judge people and not truly know their situation.

I love the way people in our country and from other countries think Americans are lazy and won't do work in our own country. And how others come to AMERICA illegally and complain and riot in our streets and want rights we don't even have. I love how they come here and JUDGE AMERICANS and TRULY don't know our situation!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Sanity? Let me tell you about one "illegal" I know personally, who, according to you, should be sent back "home" without "all the crappy trials". The man came to the US on an H1B visa (to be paid prevailing wage for a high skilled job that not enough Americans are educated enough to do.) His employer filed for a green card for him. This man and his employer complied with all the requirements, jumped through all the hoops. The man paid all his taxes and was a perfect law-abiding resident. Finally, he got his green card. A week later, he got a duplicate green card. Since a green card is a document very much like a passport, and possession of duplicate green cards is illegal, and this man was a perfect law-abiding person, he called immigration services and then followed their instructions to the letter -- sent the second green card back to them with a letter explaining that this was a duplicate forwarded to him by mistake. A month later, he was arrested and hauled to the immigration jail to await deportation. According to the US government, he "rejected his green card" and was now an illegal alien subject to deportation. Could you enlighten me? What, in your opinion, did this man do wrong? What was he supposed to do? And how is it "sane" -- nevermind fair -- to deport him without a trial and without an opportunity to confront the US government on its ineptitude? Is that how you want to be treated should you ever go abroad?

And this situation is by far unique. BCIS is one of the most retarded and corrupt agencies on the planet -- and it routinely revokes people's status without any legal basis whatsoever. Unless those people seem like they might be terrorists, in which case they are given a wide berth.

Everybody hates these "crappy trials" -- until they need a day in court.
Amen on that line! Yes, dealing with bcis sucks. When I was in process for my sons travel documents, I was told they only had one person who only worked half days on wednesdays who opened the mail. And she was taking the next two wednesdays off. No wonder they make people go through two metal detectors to get into the building!

So yes, bcis needs a reorg in the worst way. I know of people who have gotten conflicting information from bcis, ssn adminastration, and their us senators office. But it still doesn't excuse the mass illegal migration coming from sob, and it doesn't make ssn theft any more pleasant.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
When I am senile and cannot wipe my own fanny I hope my kids make sure it is a LEGAL AMERICAN doing the wiping. I've read enough about elder abuse in a lot of the homes that employ illegals.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Ok, how about this situation.

Married foreign students come here on student visa.

Two children are born here while they study.

They go back to their country.

They try to come back and cannot get a visa.

What is up with that? The two kids are citizens of the USA. MINOR citizens, who have the right to live here. How are they supposed to live in their own country with no supervision?

They (the children) are allowed to get a visa for their parents, WHEN THEY ARE 18. How ridiculous is that? What about before hand?

We are talking about minor citizens of this country, who have no ability to live in their country because the gov't won't give mom and dad a visa to get in until 10 years down the line. Even when mom and dad were here legally. (And no they did not have the kid her so they could stay, they were just married people getting on with their lives, starting a family. these are not people in labor throwing themselves over the border so the kid could be a US citizen)

I also know someone (a citizen) who got married outside the country and his wife's paperwork took so long to be processed that their son was born before she got here.
Since when does the us owe citizenship to anyone? If these self same people had two children in any of the EU countries....would they also get automatic citizenship? How about Russia? Australia? South Africa perhaps? What about Belize? Mexico?

Something tells me that the answer would be 'no'.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Since when does the us owe citizenship to anyone? If these self same people had two children in any of the EU countries....would they also get automatic citizenship? How about Russia? Australia? South Africa perhaps? What about Belize? Mexico?

Something tells me that the answer would be 'no'.

How about someone here on a Visa for education STUDY instead of having SEX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration