U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I never said they weren't. I have also known when in AZ the attrocity done to the mexican people. shot, raped, killed etc.
Were these "atrocities" perpetrated by other illegals or legal citizens? I can't imagine La Raza, et al. not publicizing these acts of violence against the “immigrant” community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 PM

32,804 posts, read 30,052,880 times
If you could please define Mexican in your posts it would help. Hispanic Americans are just that Americans. Mexicans are from Mexico and if in the US are the ones we are concerned about if they are here illegally.

Originally Posted by chey2u
I never said they weren't. I have also known when in AZ the attrocity done to the mexican people. shot, raped, killed etc.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Usually by other Mexicans or coyotes (most of them are of at least Mexican background).

Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Why are still so much people out on the streets doing protest in order to bait illegals then? They should be standing outside of the gates of the white house-- not in places where they aren't heard. I don't think I've ever seen a video with people protesting illegal immigration outside the gates of the white house.
People baiting illegals? Are you serious? Let us think back to when this so called 'illegal baiting' began. It was the day without illegals, I believe where the nation was treated to thousands of illegals, marching in the street waving the Mexican flag proudly while demanding their american rights.
Now, when there is an antiillegal protest, that is called baiting? Are there people flying the Mexcian flag upside down?
I have no doubt there are racists in the illegal debate, but never assume that everyone is anymore then I would assume everyone that is brown is an illegal.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
In a perfect world, that would be great. In this world, however.....we don't have room for the millions, hell the billions of people that would like to live here. If we bordered China, can you imagine the mass on foot immigration that would take place? How do we choose between economic hardship and genocide? Political persecution and religious persecution?
We need immigration regulations...we need to be able to put a number on how many are let in, and what type of people we let in such as refugees, or people with skills that are needed. To have an open door policy may seem like the kind hearted thing to do, but in the long run we are really hurting everybody.
Maybe we should have a moratorium on immigration so that we can figure this one out, because what we have now is not working.
I agree with you. Many of us go to Nogales Mexico to help them there.
There are families that live at the dump, we take food, clothing, medical supplies and bedding. A different group goes every day except one.
They are working on building a school. We also take toys for the children, soccer is popular in Mexico, so soccer balls are a hit. We were able to get a physician to give the children their shots. It is like Christmas to them when we show up and they are so grateful, they have tears in their eyes and the children just keep hugging you. So we are not using money from anyone but ourselves. I wish we could do more but every bit is helping, and just seeing a smile on a childs face is worth it.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
There are families that live at the dump, we take food, clothing, medical supplies and bedding. A different group goes every day except one.
They are working on building a school. We also take toys for the children, soccer is popular in Mexico, so soccer balls are a hit. We were able to get a physician to give the children their shots. It is like Christmas to them when we show up and they are so grateful, they have tears in their eyes and the children just keep hugging you. So we are not using money from anyone but ourselves. I wish we could do more but every bit is helping, and just seeing a smile on a childs face is worth it.
I know of a woman who is living in Mexico, and she volunteers at a nearby orphanage. She posted pix, it is incredible the conditions children live in so close to home. I'll see if I can find out what part of Mexico she is in, if it is in Nogales I'll let you know.

btw, how can our country dare criticize china for human rights violations while pretending not to see what is happening in Mexico? Despicable.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I know of a woman who is living in Mexico, and she volunteers at a nearby orphanage. She posted pix, it is incredible the conditions children live in so close to home. I'll see if I can find out what part of Mexico she is in, if it is in Nogales I'll let you know.

btw, how can our country dare criticize china for human rights violations while pretending not to see what is happening in Mexico? Despicable.
Please do. I went to an orphange years ago and just one woman taking care of all these children. We brought food there too, but I just had to get a huge sack of suckers for the little ones. I held every baby there.
I don't know how that woman managed it, but she sure deserved credit.
This orphange was in Nogales.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:20 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
[quote=camping!;5053552]People baiting illegals? Are you serious? Let us think back to when this so called 'illegal baiting' began. It was the day without illegals, I believe where the nation was treated to thousands of illegals, marching in the street waving the Mexican flag proudly while demanding their american rights.
Now, when there is an antiillegal protest, that is called baiting? Are there people flying the Mexcian flag upside down?
I have no doubt there are racists in the illegal debate, but never assume that everyone is anymore then I would assume everyone that is brown is an illegal.[/quote]

Try telling that to 80% of the people on this forum.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

There are a number of groups doing that in Ciudad Juarez but some are starting to chicken out due to the level of violence there.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There are a number of groups doing that in Ciudad Juarez but some are starting to chicken out due to the level of violence there.

It happens in most major cities through out Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration