U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:46 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What do you think is an ok number?

And Okay number? What really are you trying to get out of me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
And Okay number? What really are you trying to get out of me?

You seemed to have championed yourself the Illegal Immigrant spokesperson on this website so I/we would really like to know what number of Illegal Aliens you think should be allowed into the US? Should we ditch the Border Patrol and allow anyone that wants to come across and use tax payer funded Social Services at will? Are you ok with people using other people's money to survive? Should successful people be forced to give over a portion of their earnings to the poor of other Countries?

I don't mean to come off as rude but these are basic questions that should be asked of a Champion. We need to know where you stand.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:08 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You seemed to have championed yourself the Illegal Immigrant spokesperson on this website so I/we would really like to know what number of Illegal Aliens you think should be allowed into the US? Should we ditch the Border Patrol and allow anyone that wants to come across and use tax payer funded Social Services at will? Are you ok with people using other people's money to survive? Should successful people be forced to give over a portion of their earnings to the poor of other Countries?

I don't mean to come off as rude but these are basic questions that should be asked of a Champion. We need to know where you stand.
Championed myself? funny . If you would really like to know how many illegals in the U.S, start going to cities highly populated with illegals. Once you've got door to door at every single household, you can write a big summary of your findings and post them on here. Because, we would all like to know how many are really here.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:40 AM

3,748 posts, read 7,213,486 times
Anybody remember the story about that Mexican thug who was recently executed for raping and murdering two teenage girls in Texas? This guy was a monster, yet he had pro-murderer groups fighting to keep him alive. After the execution, a local newspaper showed a picture of one of his sympathizers crying. Not once did this person shed a tear for those young girls who were brutally raped and murdered. To me, pro-illegal groups are like that. They don't care about our laws being trampled and disregarded by illegals. They don't care about the sufferings Americans have to endure because of illegal immigration. It doesn't matter how many laws illegals break. They will always have an excuse for the illegals.

Last edited by davidt1; 08-31-2008 at 12:56 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Maybe you should talk to our President since you have the solution 1,2,3 problem solved. All hail to the king
Perhaps you could simply admit that all that is needed in this situation is for people to begin exercising just a tiny bit of common sense.

BTW, I am a woman. All hail the Goddess will suffice.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:57 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Anybody remember the story about that Mexican thug who was recently executed for raping and murdering two teenage girls in Texas? This guy was a monster, yet he had pro-murderer groups fighting to keep him alive. After the execution, a local newspaper showed a picture of one of his sympathizers crying. Not once did this person shed a tear for those young girls who were brutally raped and murdered. To me, pro-illegal groups are like that. They don't care about our laws being trampled and disregarded by illegals. They don't care about the sufferings Americans have to endure because of illegal immigration. It doesn't matter how many laws illegals break. They will always have an excuse for the illegals.
About 10-15 years ago a Mexican with the name of David Murphy was executed in Virginia----------there was little or no protest over his. Unless 'racism' went against him due to his stereotypical Irish name----------the MEChA types were strangely silent.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Championed myself? funny . If you would really like to know how many illegals in the U.S, start going to cities highly populated with illegals. Once you've got door to door at every single household, you can write a big summary of your findings and post them on here. Because, we would all like to know how many are really here.

You haven't answered my question to you. How many people do you think should be allowed to enter illegally and use Social Services without paying taxes.
It doesn't matter either way I just want to know what you think is an ok number.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:55 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Ever hear of a little karmic law called consequences? You know, the ramifications which are the direct result of an action, whether voluntary or involutary....

If I am not paying attention to where I am going and I walk into a table, chances are, I will be left with a nasty bruise on my leg. Now, were those the consequences I was looking for when I crossed the room? Not likely, but the bruise was the involuntary result of crossing the room without paying attention.

Let's say that I am not happy with my lot in life. I want more. My family wants more. But in order to increase my fortunes, I have decided to break into your house, steal your possessions and help myself to your bank account, credit cards, and anything else I believe will improve the life of my family. This is a voluntary decision on my part. I could most definitely find a legal method of improving my standing in life, but I choose to break the law. If I am caught, I WILL go to prison. Am I then going to cry to the media about how unfair it is that I am going to prison as a result of my illegal actions? After all, I will be separated from my children. My family will be broken up.

Surely if you can justify the unlawful actions of illegal immigrants--adults who knew full well that coming into this country, whether to work, take advantage of the misinterpreted Fourteenth Amendment, live off of American taxpayers, whatever the reason--then you can justify my actions in breaking into your home and stealing your property.

But let's be realistic here. You cannot justify breaking the law, especially by grown men and women who are fully aware that should they be caught, there will be consequences and those consequences will likely be deportation and incarceration. Yet, not only are they willing to subject themselves to the likelihood of these consequences, they then bring children into the equation, making them by proxy, ancillary to their crime and thus subject to whatever consequences the actions of their parents have wrought.

This reminds me of Anne Bonny and Mary Reed, who were both tried for piracy in 1725. They both "pled their bellies" in order to avoid or postpone the consequences of their unlawful behavior, yet another example of using children to avoid the repercussions which naturally follow any actions.

My heart goes out to the children who are caught up in this situation. They are, above all, innocent in this situation. But their parents are guilty. They are guilty of flaunting and disobeying the sovereign law of the United States of America. Should they then be rewarded simply because they have brought children into the situation?
If that is indeed the case, then each and every lawbreaker in this country who has children at home should be immediately pardoned, released from prison, and given all possible assistance by our government and those beneficent organizations which scream for rights for illegal aliens, to assimilate back into American society.
Very well stated! Of course, pro-illegals will not comment on your eloquent post. Actually, what can they say?

Personally, the most disturbing aspect of this illegal invasion is the appalling involvement of innocent children. A prime example, is the despicable exploitation of Saulito by his ‘womb provider’ Elvira Arellano. Clearly, this woman exemplifies the typical illegal alien mindset of giving birth for the sole purpose of personal gain.

Those who claim to have such compassion for the innocent illegal alien children, and vilify others for admonishing the misinterpretation of Birthright Citizenship, conveniently ignore this prevalent reprehensible practice.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Very well stated! Of course, pro-illegals will not comment on your eloquent post. Actually, what can they say?

Personally, the most disturbing aspect of this illegal invasion is the appalling involvement of innocent children. A prime example, is the despicable exploitation of Saulito by his ‘womb provider’ Elvira Arellano. Clearly, this woman exemplifies the typical illegal alien mindset of giving birth for the sole purpose of personal gain.

Those who claim to have such compassion for the innocent illegal alien children, and vilify others for admonishing the misinterpretation of Birthright Citizenship, conveniently ignore this prevalent reprehensible practice.
Just trying for levity here: are you sure that you and Kele are not sisters by a different mother?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Just trying for levity here: are you sure that you and Kele are not sisters by a different mother?
LOL! I consider it a compliment to be placed in the same category as Kele.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration