U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:36 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
LOL! I consider it a compliment to be placed in the same category as Kele.
Ditto right back at'cha girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You haven't answered my question to you. How many people do you think should be allowed to enter illegally and use Social Services without paying taxes.
It doesn't matter either way I just want to know what you think is an ok number.
How many? none. I believe in enforcing our borders and putting our guest worker program in hyper drive.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:22 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
How many? none. I believe in enforcing our borders and putting our guest worker program in hyper drive.

Ok, out of the guessed 20 million Illegals how many do you think should be granted a guest worker status and how many should be deported?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:30 PM

18,012 posts, read 13,243,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyn View Post
Irrelevant.

I'm talking about the case of *Americans* being *forecefully* separated from their loved ones by the *American government*. For no morally justifiable reason.
It is a standard legal principle that one cannot benefit or profit from an illegal act.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ok, out of the guessed 20 million Illegals how many do you think should be granted a guest worker status and how many should be deported?
NONE. There should be no reward for cheating, defrauding, or breaking of laws for personal gain. They are all criminals and deserve the reward of deportation.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:48 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
NONE. There should be no reward for cheating, defrauding, or breaking of laws for personal gain. They are all criminals and deserve the reward of deportation.
Agreed. If and I mean a big if it is discovered that we truly need foreign labor-there are plenty of people from around the world waiting in line to come here and willing to do it the legal way.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:52 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
hatred?
sadists?
no ---the american people are upset that its government is breaking the law.
under the table NAFTA with mexico. labor busting. its a sell out and they are hurting.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:56 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Elaborate on this guest worker program. How are we going to make sure they leave when their term of employment is up? If they come as guest workers than refuse to leave, we will have the exact same situation we have now. The only difference will be instead of calling them illegal aliens we call them guest workers. Is this program going to be for workers only or will they be allowed to bring along the wife and kids? If they drag over their family with them and we end up having to pay for schooling, medical care etc., any benefit we might have gotten from using a guest worker is negated. A guest worker program will be a viable solution only when both parties adhere to the terms laid out in the contract. I have not seen much to make me think the illegal aliens will honor a guest worker contract.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:27 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Elaborate on this guest worker program. How are we going to make sure they leave when their term of employment is up? If they come as guest workers than refuse to leave, we will have the exact same situation we have now. The only difference will be instead of calling them illegal aliens we call them guest workers. Is this program going to be for workers only or will they be allowed to bring along the wife and kids? If they drag over their family with them and we end up having to pay for schooling, medical care etc., any benefit we might have gotten from using a guest worker is negated. A guest worker program will be a viable solution only when both parties adhere to the terms laid out in the contract. I have not seen much to make me think the illegal aliens will honor a guest worker contract.
You're absolutely right! They won't honor a guest worker program anymore than they honor our current immigration laws. Furthermore, they will undoubtedly produce "new citizens" to improve their chances of never leaving.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You're absolutely right! They won't honor a guest worker program anymore than they honor our current immigration laws. Furthermore, they will undoubtedly produce "new citizens" to improve their chances of never leaving.
I was eluding to this

My point was that I think everyone wants this guest worker thing mostly as something to dim the anger and frustration we have with this horde of people sucking off Social Services. I really doubt it would change how many are cheating the system only deepening the quagmire.

I really don't care who is here so long as they are self sustaining and don't rob Social Services. Without this thievery of Social Services I'm willing to bet it would be a mass migration South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration