Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
You've been camping way to long and know zip
I know that when people resort to insults it means they have no actual rebuttal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I know that when people resort to insults it means they have no actual rebuttal.
chey2u is nothing more than a Troll

Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 AM

391 posts, read 872,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Good for you. I worked as a maid at holiday inn when I was 14. Sucky work for minimum wage.
You neglected my point that by the use of scab laber, working conditions will be poor as will the pay. Illegal = scab labor. Very simple.
I know you do not quite get this but they are getting paid good money. You all also forget I never said coming over illegal is right. I believe it is illegal. I am for humane treatment thats all. I have said that a zillion times. I have been to the borders and seen the inhumane treatment. Do all get it? No do a large majority yes and I have seen it. I have seen 2 and 3 year olds just passed to anyone who will take them. There is a large human trafficing area there just like here and the US. Where do those babies go? HUMANE treatment is what I stand for. I get attacked for this by all you people. I have been called illegal, anti black sorry my roots are dark. and troll as well as many other things. So next time you want to call me out for something remember HUMANE treatment is what I want. do not try to tell me I am illegal. do not tell me I am not black. Just argue amongs yourselves. You know only what you speculate for all you know I could be polka dot and an ICE plant.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
chey2u is nothing more than a Troll
If I am a troll then you are one of those guys who shoot illegals on the spot.
Name calling so mature

Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
You've been camping way to long and know zip

In regards to scab labor our gov't sending every business over seas and no they do not want us. They want cheap labor. We can thank our Gov't for all the companies leaving. No offer for us to move there nor should we have too. We should make american products on american soil and hire american workers. We should only buy american products but everyone buys from those companies over seas and where ever like China for instance. It's cheaper. We lack jobs here thanks to our Gov't and those that buy those other country products. It is because of this there is no work, and yes I am quite sure illegals do jobs we have but where do you all do your part other than argue and call names to those who disagree on this subforum

Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I know you do not quite get this but they are getting paid good money. You all also forget I never said coming over illegal is right. I believe it is illegal. I am for humane treatment thats all. I have said that a zillion times. I have been to the borders and seen the inhumane treatment. Do all get it? No do a large majority yes and I have seen it. I have seen 2 and 3 year olds just passed to anyone who will take them. There is a large human trafficing area there just like here and the US. Where do those babies go? HUMANE treatment is what I stand for. I get attacked for this by all you people. I have been called illegal, anti black sorry my roots are dark. and troll as well as many other things. So next time you want to call me out for something remember HUMANE treatment is what I want. do not try to tell me I am illegal. do not tell me I am not black. Just argue amongs yourselves. You know only what you speculate for all you know I could be polka dot and an ICE plant.
Never said you were illegal, never called you racist. You are anti union by the very position that you take. You are also for establishing a peasant underclass, again under the guise of compassion. Sometimes the best way is the hard way. Sometimes compassion is needed at home.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
I love your last comment. How true it is. You deserve a rep point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The other thing is that it takes a fair amount of money to live in the USA. The cost of food, housing, healthcare, education is very very high here compared with other countries.

An illegal cannot make it here any better than an American can on substandard wages. Sure illegals are willing to take the fast food industry jobs for minimum wage or less that only American teenagers and college students would otherwise take, and maybe it seems nice to some to see adults trying to support families on those wages but then you find out that these people are working AND receiving welfare handouts like food stamps and Medicaid. That amounts to a very nice taxpayer subsidized work force for the greedy employers -- their motto being: privatize the profits, socialize the costs.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
In regards to scab labor our gov't sending every business over seas and no they do not want us. They want cheap labor. We can thank our Gov't for all the companies leaving. No offer for us to move there nor should we have too. We should make american products on american soil and hire american workers. We should only buy american products but everyone buys from those companies over seas and where ever like China for instance. It's cheaper. We lack jobs here thanks to our Gov't and those that buy those other country products. It is because of this there is no work, and yes I am quite sure illegals do jobs we have but where do you all do your part other than argue and call names to those who disagree on this subforum
I find it interesting that you tried to slur me, and now your panties are in a twist about name calling?

As to the issue at hand, nobody is happy about outsourcing, offshore hires and the like. Many of us do complain to our representatives in government. It must be working, because it is an issue in this campaign.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:52 AM

They will do nothing. Yeah I can read the headlines now" Nike corp to bring company back to USA. You have way more faith in out Gov than I do. I also do not think they will stop the border issue. I hope they fix it but they are going to have to prove it to me because they have done nothing but the contrary. Everything they are doing is a smoke screen. I have no faith in our Gov. God yes Gov no.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The more I read the harder I find it to believe that you are as you claim, an American. You obviously have no clue with regards to the laws, rules and regulations of legal employment in America.

The fact that you condone and justify the act of an American corporation hiring an illegal alien at slave wages, while dismissing the right of an American to demand a fair wage as required by law, is just mind boggling.

First and foremost, Americans do not have the option of foregoing the payment of state and federal taxes;

Second, we have to pay for our medical, dental, vision and life insurance.

We also have to plan for our future retirement, thus social security taxes and pensions.

If it is a union job, then there are more deductions for Union dues.

All of which does not apply to nor is deducted from the illegal aliens paycheck. That is of course unless said illegal alien has stolen an American's identification or created a fictitious SSN. Otherwise they are paid in cash, under the table.

To blame the legal workers for their entitlement to earning a fair wage in order to take care of their families is one of the more ridiculous scenarios you have stated to date.

I guarantee you if the corporate slave masters move their headquarters SOB tomorrow they will begin paying the same low wages of every other Mexican sweat shop. Thus the invasion of the US will continue.

Corporations have already done this in many countries not just mexico. We have only a few business around. Yes they in the other countries are paying slave labor. That is why they moved them,
Sassy is very american who has lost a lot of faith in our gov as I have. Just because our Gov has done this over and over to us and then tell us things will change is just a way to put us off. How can we have faith when they have put our nation in jepordy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration