U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Well a lot of Latino food has a lot of Spanish influence.
Yeah, I said that, 'mano.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well: Jose Gonzalez the folk singer if going by nationality would be Swedish, not any variety of Latino----------never mind that his parents hailed from Argentina.
Right. What would he be if he were American-born? If his parents were Swedish (of Argentine ancestry), would he be white American, Latino, both, neither?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Right. What would he be if he were American-born? If his parents were Swedish (of Argentine ancestry), would he be white American, Latino, both, neither?
Ask the lawyers: I am being quite serious.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:00 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Why because I'm Mexican?! I'm sure you're a fried chicken connoisseur. Do you have any secret recipes?
You are truly pathetic! Did you, or did you not mention sauces? As a matter of fact, the "sauce" I was referring to is measured in “proof”………as a joke. Ergo, the laughing icon.

To answer your ignorant racist question; no I am not a fried chicken connoisseur. Furthermore, in case you don’t know, black people are not the only consumers of fried chicken. Bring it on, bigot!

Old 09-09-2008, 03:22 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
True. But do you think of Spanish cuisine when talking about Hispanic/Latino food? Even though I know there are lots of Spanish influences in Latin cuisine (i.e. Latin American [Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian]), I don't............
Azbear likes to emphasize Spaniards as Latinos/Hispanics.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are truly pathetic! Did you, or did you not mention sauces? As a matter of fact, the "sauce" I was referring to is measured in “proof”………as a joke. Ergo, the laughing icon.

To answer your ignorant racist question; no I am not a fried chicken connoisseur. Furthermore, in case you don’t know, black people are not the only consumers of fried chicken. Bring it on, bigot!
I like Fried Chicken. Especially from Roscoes. And I like hot sauce on it too. Lousiana.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:

Californio has been "outed" by a few of us so he's no longer a member - you will not need to worry about him insulting you any further until he shows up with his new moniker, pretending to be someone else. Quite frankly, when I read that chicken post, I thought that was about the lowest anyone has sunk on this forum and beyond inappropriate.

It's a shame too, because I think Californio/ProLogic/GHOST is at heart not a bad person...he definitely needs to consider some self reflection, though.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Californio has been "outed" by a few of us so he's no longer a member - you will not need to worry about him insulting you any further until he shows up with his new moniker, pretending to be someone else. Quite frankly, when I read that chicken post, I thought that was about the lowest anyone has sunk on this forum and beyond inappropriate.

It's a shame too, because I think Californio/ProLogic/GHOST is at heart not a bad person...he definitely needs to consider some self reflection, though.
Thanks for your support! I was totally shocked when I read his post. I had not even thought about his Mexican heritage when I posted those comments. He mentioned sauce, and I thought about alcohol, and jokingly suggested he was a connoisseur. I had to sit for a moment to regain my composure before responding.

To say I was PO’d would be an extreme understatement. I think the last time I was that angry over a racial slur, was when an employee at work made a comment about my son. Of course, he didn’t realize I heard him. Typical mom, I would update pictures in my office when my son was a baby. The guy commented to another employee that my son was a cute little “zebra” (black & white) but he was missing his black stripes. Ha, Ha. BTW, the guy was black. Ignorant racists come in all colors.

I knew Californio was reincarnated, but I didn’t realize 'who' until ArizonaBound outed him. Again, thanks!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your support! I was totally shocked when I read his post. I had not even thought about his Mexican heritage when I posted those comments. He mentioned sauce, and I thought about alcohol, and jokingly suggested he was a connoisseur. I had to sit for a moment to regain my composure before responding.

To say I was PO’d would be an extreme understatement. I think the last time I was that angry over a racial slur, was when an employee at work made a comment about my son. Of course, he didn’t realize I heard him. Typical mom, I would update pictures in my office when my son was a baby. The guy commented to another employee that my son was a cute little “zebra” (black & white) but he was missing his black stripes. Ha, Ha. BTW, the guy was black. Ignorant racists come in all colors.

I knew Californio was reincarnated, but I didn’t realize 'who' until ArizonaBound outed him. Again, thanks!

Ive read worse on this forum.

Another thing, you guys talk so much about your disdain for 'political correctness'.

People have dismissed "we_tback" and "be_aner" and "sp_ic" as not being particularly offensive.
Yet you get super offended over fried chicken? And he wasnt even using it as an attack.
He misunderstood your statement, and said "how would YOU like it if.." etc etc.

Whats so offensive over the fried chicken thing? Thats like saying Mexicans like tacos. Its true. So what?

Theres been a lot more offensive things on this forum that havent even been given an infraction, much less got someone banned.

Theres a huge double standard, and hypocrisy when it comes to your guys' beef against 'political correctness'.

"Political correctness is for crybabies! Unless its directed at my group!"

Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Ive read worse on this forum.

Another thing, you guys talk so much about your disdain for 'political correctness'.

People have dismissed "we_tback" and "be_aner" and "sp_ic" as not being particularly offensive.
Yet you get super offended over fried chicken? And he wasnt even using it as an attack.
He misunderstood your statement, and said "how would YOU like it if.." etc etc.

Whats so offensive over the fried chicken thing? Thats like saying Mexicans like tacos. Its true. So what?

Theres been a lot more offensive things on this forum that havent even been given an infraction, much less got someone banned.

Theres a huge double standard, and hypocrisy when it comes to your guys' beef against 'political correctness'.

"Political correctness is for crybabies! Unless its directed at my group!"
I may engage in heated debates on occasion, but you have never seen me attack with a racial slur. Californio admitted to being a racist, albeit not a “practicing” racist. He was simply being himself. His comments were indeed intended to insult. However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration