U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Just look at these factories that hire illegal aliens-when they are raided there are lines out the door the next day of Americans wanting these jobs.

and.....it what planet is this???
Most of the jobs were replace by ........get this........... LEGAL immigrants from Somalia.

Somalis replace Hispanic workers after raid - Life - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Just look at these factories that hire illegal aliens-when they are raided there are lines out the door the next day of Americans wanting these jobs.

and.....it what planet is this???
Obviously, you don't realize the topic of THIS thread. Americans are in fact lining up for those jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most of the jobs were replace by ........get this........... LEGAL immigrants from Somalia.

Somalis replace Hispanic workers after raid - Life - MSNBC.com
Actually that is just one example. There are plenty of examples-one we discussed last week-where it was Americans not legal immigrants- who were lining up to do this work. Also the article in this thread-Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
 
Location: el paso texas
2,625 posts, read 10,051,215 times
Reputation: 1848
Obviously, you don't realize the topic of THIS thread. Americans are in fact lining up for those jobs

[oooh it was legal somalis, but not jim & kathy from mulberry lane in rural kentucky right?] lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Obviously, you don't realize the topic of THIS thread. Americans are in fact lining up for those jobs

[oooh it was legal somalis, but not jim & kathy from mulberry lane in rural kentucky right?] lol
This is the thread topic: Arrest Of 600 Illegals Helps African-Americans

Comprehension problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The “bandito” image is still being portrayed in Cancun -- yes Mexico. They offer daily fun cruises from Puerto Juarez down to the Isla Mujeres. On the boat, everyone wears a bandito top containing the traditional crisscrossed bullets, and they paint mustaches on those wishing to participate. They offer live bands, dancing, and an open bar. Needless to say, by the time the boat docks at the island, everyone is feeling pretty good. They have a fabulous buffet on the island, and live entertainment. Everyone has a wonderful time. Obviously, they don’t consider the bandito image as being offensive.
Like I said, Mexicans have a thicker skin.
At least from what I've seen, Mexicans are more likely to laugh at a Latino stereotype than cause a scene over it...as long as its in good fun, anyways, and meant in humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Actually that is just one example. There are plenty of examples-one we discussed last week-where it was Americans not legal immigrants- who were lining up to do this work. Also the article in this thread-Americans.
You are correct. I should have stated it as just one example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Like I said, Mexicans have a thicker skin.At least from what I've seen, Mexicans are more likely to laugh at a Latino stereotype than cause a scene over it...as long as its in good fun, anyways, and meant in humor.
Thick skin? You’re right. Obviously, your skin is extremely thick. You exemplify your “thick skin” each time you whine and cry “racism” over every negative comment made involving illegal Mexicans.

I’m not going to continue to debate you over the difference between an innocent joke -- which Californio’s comments certainly were not -- and a blatant racist attack. You’re so obstinate you will never acknowledge a transgression by anyone sharing your ethnicity. That’s truly sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thick skin? You’re right. Obviously, your skin is extremely thick. You exemplify your “thick skin” each time you whine and cry “racism” over every negative comment made involving illegal Mexicans.

I’m not going to continue to debate you over the difference between an innocent joke -- which Californio’s comments certainly were not -- and a blatant racist attack. You’re so obstinate you will never acknowledge a transgression by anyone sharing your ethnicity. That’s truly sad.
Like I said, as long as its in good fun. You guys are clearly not joking, even though much of the stuff you guys say sound like jokes.

I think its ironic how you always whine about Latinos playing the race card, and how bad "poltical correctness" is, but the second anybody says anything about Blacks that you guys say about Latinos, youre VERY quick to call racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top