Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Even if it helped only two or three, that's two or three who were previously unemployed due to illegal immigration. I’m happy for them. If you weren’t so pro-illegal and anti-American, you would be happy for them too.
Let the accusations commense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
In the short video below, Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel says the arrest by ICE of 600 illegal aliens working at a plant will substantially lower the area’s unemployment rate for local citizens.

Two young African-Americans interviewed in the video applaud the action, and now hope to get a job at the plant!
This scenario would be repeated daily if all illegals would be deported.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Even if it helped only two or three, that's two or three who were previously unemployed due to illegal immigration. I’m happy for them. If you weren’t so pro-illegal and anti-American, you would be happy for them too.
I could not agree more, Benicar . . . only the Illegal Lovers feel the "lopsided" need for illegals.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, Benicar . . . only the Illegal Lovers feel the "lopsided" need for illegals.
Because I said we need illegals to survive. Quoting me somewhere me somewhere would be nice and help your argument much stronger .

Old 08-29-2008, 08:10 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Better that Americans get those jobs (no matter their skin color) than a bunch of lawbreakers from SOB and elsewhere.
I agree, and skin color should not even enter into it.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Because I said we need illegals to survive. Quoting me somewhere me somewhere would be nice and help your argument much stronger .
Yes we do need illegals to survive, but it may take many longer for people to find out for themselves

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes we do need illegals to survive, but it may take many longer for people to find out for themselves
I call BS on that.

We do not need illegal immigrants to survive as a nation. So some people may have to take a cut in their standard of living (no more nannies, gardeners, etc. without paying market wages)-------------oh well.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I call BS on that.

We do not need illegal immigrants to survive as a nation. So some people may have to take a cut in their standard of living (no more nannies, gardeners, etc. without paying market wages)-------------oh well.
I guess we will see Bear, when all there is are U.S. citizens. I still think there are jobs that American think are below them and they think they are too good to do them...but we can wait and see who ends up being right

Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I don't think so. People said we wouldn't survive with out the chattel slavery of Blacks, and we've done great. However, back then there less people back then. One can go back and forth on that argument.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
In the short video below, Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel says the arrest by ICE of 600 illegal aliens working at a plant will substantially lower the area’s unemployment rate for local citizens.

Two young African-Americans interviewed in the video applaud the action, and now hope to get a job at the plant!

Link to video.

ICE doing it's job, the job we pay so much money for it to do, will help all Americans. The groups with the higher unemployment rates will obviously be greatly helped but don't leave out taxpayers. Everyone benefits. Well....maybe not everyone, the greedy employers who decide to break the laws and have the cheapest possible and most submissive employees will miss out on those superb advantages and profits of ultra low labor costs. And imagine if they realize they might not only have to pay American wages but also might have to offer some job benefits to lure workers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration