Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Of course not.

Find that 'Hispanic' gene and we will talk
Theres no "Hungarian" gene, so Hungarian isn't cultural, just political?

And all the 90 percent of people in Mexico who ARENT white are of no race? Just shadow people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Not to be rude but what do genetics have to do with illegals getting busted helping african americans?
I don't give a hoot what the race is they all deserve deportation.
I don't know nor care if hispanic is a race unto itself. Even if it is thats not the problem. The problem is that some individuals don't feel our laws should apply to them. In this case the huge majority of individuals with that mind set are in fact also hispanic.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Theres no "Hungarian" gene, so Hungarian isn't cultural, just political?

And all the 90 percent of people in Mexico who ARENT white are of no race? Just shadow people?
If the 90% of Mexicans are 'Hispanic' courtesy of their Indian stock: what about the 97% White Argentines-----------are they not Hispanic as well? Both groups claim to be at least partially Spanish in culture.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 PM

391 posts, read 872,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What is illegal labor if not scab labor?
scab labor is when they cross a picket line during a union labor dispute, these workers have a legal right to work it's just not a moral right. Illegal labor is when they work for a job without llegal authorization. Such as no work authorization/greencard, given out by the INS

Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 PM

391 posts, read 872,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not to be rude but what do genetics have to do with illegals getting busted helping african americans?
I don't give a hoot what the race is they all deserve deportation.
I don't know nor care if hispanic is a race unto itself. Even if it is thats not the problem. The problem is that some individuals don't feel our laws should apply to them. In this case the huge majority of individuals with that mind set are in fact also hispanic.
in your area yes in mine it's another culture all together.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
scab labor is when they cross a picket line during a union labor dispute, these workers have a legal right to work it's just not a moral right. Illegal labor is when they work for a job without llegal authorization. Such as no work authorization/greencard, given out by the INS
What part of illegal immigration confuses you? Illegal immigrants have no right to work, they are not in possesion of a greencard or ssn...not their own anyway.
As to my assertation that they are scabs...yes, they are not crossing a picket line. But what they are doing is keeping wages lower then is acceptable to an american worker (much less a union member). Their very existance in the market place ensures unions cannot get a toehold in a factory. They are de facto scabs.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
If the 90% of Mexicans are 'Hispanic' courtesy of their Indian stock: what about the 97% White Argentines-----------are they not Hispanic as well? Both groups claim to be at least partially Spanish in culture.
How big of an Argentine population is there in the United States? I myself haven't really been in an Argentine neighborhood before.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
How big of an Argentine population is there in the United States? I myself haven't really been in an Argentine neighborhood before.
And you usually do not see Argentines, Chileans, etc. living in Latino enclaves-----------culturally, they are closer to Anglo than Hispanic in a lot of regards.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
And you usually do not see Argentines, Chileans, etc. living in Latino enclaves-----------culturally, they are closer to Anglo than Hispanic in a lot of regards.
I don't know about that.. There are those stereotypes about how racist those argentines are but my mother had a friend who is from Argentina. No problems what so ever. They had a common language, and that was all they needed.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
The point is, we're talking about Latinos in the United States. Most of which are Mexican, most of which are of Mestizo descent.

A lot of times you guys fret about Hispanics getting government help or whatever for Hispanic, because of the white 10 percent in Mexico, or the mostly white country in South America that doesnt really have too many people immigrating here.
Theyre kind of irrelevant to the Latinos in the United States, most of which are of Mexican descent and mestizo.

Those other Latinos don't really immigrate to the US in large numbers because they have it so good where they are at. And even if they do come to the US, they usually come with money, and aren't really draining the government by getting support for "just being Hispanic".

You keep mentioning your Scandinavian, German, 'white supremacist' Latinos, but theyre just not here in large numbers like the mestizo population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration