U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:27 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have never seen anyone get off posting these extremely horrible threads.
What you post happens in the United States almost daily.

I'll clue you in on the argument. "If they weren't here that wouldn't have happened". The problem with that is about a billion things wouldn't of happened if that person never existed. See the problem with that argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What I think the problem is -- many including politicians tried to shove this issue down our throats, saying that it was fine for these people to break our immigration laws and commit felony document fraud and identification theft because they were hard workers and had such great family values.

It turns out they don't. They have very high illegitimacy rates, child abuse and domestic abuse rates. They certainly do not have better family values than any American group and certainly aren't justified in breaking every law they find inconvenient for their great family values because they lack them.
Pay attention, people!! Malamute has encapsulated the problem and described it in language even a 6 year old can understand. Will it sink in for some of you? I doubt it.

Since most of you won't 'get it' anyway, why don't you take up a collection from all your bleeding heart, liberal friends and PAY for these criminals SO I DON'T HAVE TO!!! I'd sure like to see how much you simps would throw into the kitty when it comes out of YOUR pocket!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
What I think the problem is -- many including politicians tried to shove this issue down our throats, saying that it was fine for these people to break our immigration laws and commit felony document fraud and identification theft because they were hard workers and had such great family values.

It turns out they don't. They have very high illegitimacy rates, child abuse and domestic abuse rates. They certainly do not have better family values than any American group and certainly aren't justified in breaking every law they find inconvenient for their great family values because they lack them.
Why must you attack other cultures when atrocities like these are committed? There have been more horrable stories than this commited by our own citizens. Our culture isn't perfect, NO ONES IS!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:50 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Why must you attack other cultures when atrocities like these are committed? There have been more horrable stories than this commited by our own citizens. Our culture isn't perfect, NO ONES IS!
Grow a SKIN, Californio!!! There was no attack on another culture in that post, only the observation that "They certainly do not have better family values than any American group...". I'm so frickin' tired of you ethno-centric crybabies claiming someone has disrespected your 'culture' when all they've done is made an HONEST comparison... Your sniveling about it this way really makes me question your motives.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
But the USA is not a culture that is dumping it's criminals, it's unemployed, it's welfare types onto another country.

Imagine how Canada would react if we were encouraging millions of our welfare mothers and so on to get into Canada illegally and then demanding that Canada give them full rights.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Grow a SKIN, Californio!!! There was no attack on another culture in that post, only the observation that "They certainly do not have better family values than any American group...". I'm so frickin' tired of you ethno-centric crybabies claiming someone has disrespected your 'culture' when all they've done is made an HONEST comparison... Your sniveling about it this way really makes me question your motives.
Honest comparisons? You call belittling someones culture an honest comparison? Looking at the facts abuse in the United States is carried out by Blacks. This isn't the first time malamute has directly attacked a groups culture and compared it to American culture, making American culture seem "glorious"-- no matter what the occasion. Yes American culture is great, I've grown up with it as well as Mexican culture. There are bad things about both cultures, there are bad people on both sides as well as good.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
And of course we have our fair share of insane, deranged, moronic, etc, but why does that mean we want more? You can bet this perverted woman was not here to work hard for a living or to contribute in any way. She's a loser and we never needed her.

With all the people who would like to come to the USA and would be contributing, and would come legally -- why on earth are we bringing any of this type in? It's not as though we have to scrape around for immigrants, we are in a position to take our pick.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
But the USA is not a culture that is dumping it's criminals, it's unemployed, it's welfare types onto another country.

Imagine how Canada would react if we were encouraging millions of our welfare mothers and so on to get into Canada illegally and then demanding that Canada give them full rights.
Way to dodge my question.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Honest comparisons? You call belittling someones culture an honest comparison? Looking at the facts abuse in the United States is carried out by Blacks. This isn't the first time malamute has directly attacked a groups culture and compared it to American culture, making American culture seem "glorious"-- no matter what the occasion. Yes American culture is great, I've grown up with it as well as Mexican culture. There are bad things about both cultures, there are bad people on both sides as well as good.
The fact that millions of people are leaving one culture and trying to get into the country of another culture does say something doesn't it?

What's so wrong with Mexico that so many won't stay there in their own country? It's not the land certainly, nor the sunshine and weather. It's not the natural resources since Mexico is very rich in those. It's not even Mexico's constitution or form of government which is really not that horrid.

It has to do with culture certainly -- a culture that tolerates corruption, a two-class/caste society. A culture that doesn't encourage delaying childbirth until marriage/job/financial resourses to support a child.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
And of course we have our fair share of insane, deranged, moronic, etc, but why does that mean we want more? You can bet this perverted woman was not here to work hard for a living or to contribute in any way. She's a loser and we never needed her.

With all the people who would like to come to the USA and would be contributing, and would come legally -- why on earth are we bringing any of this type in? It's not as though we have to scrape around for immigrants, we are in a position to take our pick.
You were not talking about our own crazy people. You were belittling another culture. Comparing their "values" to our, in your opinion, "surperior" culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or