U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,740 times

Advertisements

racist! ... we are trying to better ourselves.. and all you guys think about is invading... please. dont be stupid.. we came to work and give food to our families and a roof to live under.. i dont think you have suffered to get from point a to b with struggles. and days without eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,941,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by word. View Post
racist! ... we are trying to better ourselves.. and all you guys think about is invading... please. dont be stupid.. we came to work and give food to our families and a roof to live under.. i dont think you have suffered to get from point a to b with struggles. and days without eating.
Better yourselves at whose expense? What makes your troubles our problems or more to the point what makes you think that we owe you or anyone else anything at all? Look I can sympathize but My country owes you nothing. The fact that you would sneak in and just take speaks volumes about your character or the character of any illegal. Its the same character as any common thief, burglar, or criminal. You have what I want, you won't give it to me so I'll take it.
Your post is lame and without a shred of merit.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,740 times
im not saying you guys owe us sumthing, and we have to sneak in because we're not allowed to be here illegally duh.. a theif??? please all we do is work ..

Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 PM

9,197 posts, read 22,942,339 times
No, you're not allowed to be here illegally. Do what the legal citizens do, get a green card or visa. And don't give me "It takes too long" or "It's too expensive" When there are 2 people I know who just Legally immigrated here from Venezuela, learned English, paid less for the green card than they would have a coyote, and it took them both less than 5 years to get it.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
get over it.

as the saying goes...

sufres por q' quieres.

i know plenty of people who stayed in mexico and prospered. and they aint from well to do families. im talkin people from pueblos, ranchos. its possible to make a life.

do i agree with the way immigrants are treated in this country, or vilified on this board? not at all. are some posters racist? yes. but the conversation extends deeper than that.

as for the matriculas. they serve to open up accounts and send money and buy furniture and do stuff here in the US> its not that bad.

what i have said in the past is that all consulates should open up their rolls and cross reference lists of those who apply for a matricula with US (fed, state and local)criminal databases(including deportation/ barred re-entry db's) and weed out the bad apples.

until that is possible, the US should suspend opening any more foreign consulates in the US.

Quote:

Old 03-31-2009, 07:35 PM

11,606 posts, read 8,196,138 times
Quote:
Mod cut:language If you dont like the way things are over there, then change it! Cripes...why do i have to spell it out for you?

Last edited by Travelling fella; 04-01-2009 at 12:05 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 PM

3,191 posts, read 3,699,450 times
Quote:
NC: Mexican Consolate Gives 400 Illegals IDs
Are they issued membership cards for the DNC at the same time?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,098,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Are they issued membership cards for the DNC at the same time?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,033,912 times
Quote:
im not saying you guys owe us sumthing, and we have to sneak in because we're not allowed to be here illegally duh.. a theif??? please all we do is work ..
Yes, a thief! Every illegal in our country that has a job is stealing that job from an American citizen. Illegals steal our children's education. Illegals steal health care by using ERs as doctors offices. Illegals are illegal, which means they should NOT be here stealing from us.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM

5 posts, read 13,803 times
Many consulates give their citizens id cards; they're the equivalent of the cards they give us before we can drive that basically state who we are. That way, if they have an accident or need to get into a place that requires id i.e. nightclub, they can. None of these ids serve to give citizens of other countries rights such as jobs or social security. If they die, their families will no instead of having nothing to identify them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration