Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Why is that a compliment beacuse spaniards are of the right color?or are from europe?BY the way i am puerto rican,spanish is just a term used for the language.I am legal at birth spaniards are not!NOBODY NEEDS A PASSPORT TO ENTER PUERTO RICO YOU DO FOR SPAIN! OR ARE YOU MAKING SPAIN AS YOU MAKE IRELAND AND ITALY?
BTW:

Genetically speaking: most Spaniards are the same as most Portuguese, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, etc.-----------and their descendants here in the New World.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 08:25 PM

105 posts, read 208,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Here we go with the race card again. This forum should be shut down? Why-because the truth hurts? Or because you don't like what someone writes? I never said that I "walk by and assume people are illegal" so don't put words in my mouth. All you can do is come on here and accuse me of racism. Boy do you have some nerve and then you throw in some curse words to boot-how lovely.

The Nashua Telegraph has run stories about the illegal alien population-rather they call them the "undocumented population". You surely aren't calling the liberal rag- The Telegraph- racist now are you? During the last Nashua mayoral election-flyers were handed out in Spanish by the now mayor of Nashua. I thought citizens needed to speak English in order to vote? Why would the mayor-elect be handing out flyers in Spanish? Hmmm. Why is it racist to expect the mayor of the 2nd largest city in the state to campaign in ENGLISH?

I have read numerous stories about an increase in the illegal alien population in both Manchester and Nashua. I have seen many stories on WMUR as well. I have friends in the construction industry in the southern part of the state who are losing business because of illegals. I don't need to "assume" anyone is an illegal-if I watch a news story or I read a newspaper and it says they are illegal or undocumented- I don't need to assume. It is there in black and white for me.

You have no right to come on here and accuse me of racism. Where did I say "I noticed Spanish people and assumed they were illegal"? I never said that!!

All these unfounded accusations against me and YOU have the nerve to call me a racist?
What are you talking about! Maybe you didn't expressly state it, but you completely inferred that because of all the Spanish signs and Hispanics around the people were illegal. You don't need to say you "walk by and assume people are illegal." Your nasty, defensive tone and attitude explains it all.

So please, just keep moving north. I hear the northern reaches of Newfoundland have very few illegal-looking folks.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt View Post
What are you talking about! Maybe you didn't expressly state it, but you completely inferred that because of all the Spanish signs and Hispanics around the people were illegal. You don't need to say you "walk by and assume people are illegal." Your nasty, defensive tone and attitude explains it all.

So please, just keep moving north. I hear the northern reaches of Newfoundland have very few illegal-looking folks.
The putative American 'Hispanic' community really needs to careful due to the criminal actions of the illegals-----------most of whom happen to be some variety of Latino.

And I blame those criminals from SOB for hurting those folks who immigrated here legally

Old 08-30-2008, 10:42 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Quote:
The only appropriate response to that is **** you!

Last edited by r601020; 08-30-2008 at 10:54 PM..

Old 08-31-2008, 05:01 AM

382 posts, read 1,227,663 times
Yep, no illegals in New Hampshire:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...060902035.html

mod cut: text removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-31-2008 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: copyright issues

Old 08-31-2008, 06:00 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Racism -The only argument that pro-illegals have and it certainly is not a logical one. Logic does not exist in the pro-illegal world.

Just because one wants the laws upheld does not make them a racist. Just because one wants politicians to campaign in English does not make them a racist. What would these pro-illegals have if they could not use the race card? Nothing. Because one cannot logically argue against the fact that illegal is illegal. No matter how many times you call someone a racist-illegal aliens are still illegal and have no right to be here.

Nicolem

Last edited by nicolem; 08-31-2008 at 06:40 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:

What are you talking about? You and and your other pro-illegal friends are the nasty ones. My "attitude" as you put it explains nothing. Here are the facts:

Newspapers and TV news are reporting on illegal aliens in NH comitting crimes-fact. I don't look at people and "assume" they are anything. The newspaper and news(with information from police blotters) tells me all I need to know. Certain newspapers are more than happy to do fluff pieces talking about the illegal alien population and the businesses they own, etc. We know that illegals are anything but "in the shadows". This has increased in the past 10 years-fact.

There has been a huge increase in the number of illegal aliens in the past 10 years in New Hampshire-fact. While the overall population of illegals is small compared to the rest of the country-the percentage in increase is large-fact.

In the past 10 years- you went from not needing to speak Spanish to having to speak Spanish for many jobs such as welfare, social services, etc.-fact.

The now mayor of Nashua campaigned using flyers in Spanish-fact.

In the past 10 years-DMV signs are now in Spanish-fact. I thought one needed to be a citizen to vote and to speak English to be a citizen.

Resort to your name calling and jokes about moving north that you think are funny. However along with the rise in illegal aliens and their crimes here in New Hampshire has come a need for people to speak Spanish in order to get jobs in welfare, social services etc. Sorry but that is more than a coincidence-the two happen at the same time? Not to mention the fact that they tried(and thank it God failed before it got to the floor) to make NH a Sanctuary State earlier in the year. I am sure some of them are legal but not all. And if they are legal-collecting welfare and not speaking English-then you are right I have a problem with that. Welfare should be for American citizens. If they canot speak English and are collecting welfare-how are they an American citizen? Doesn't one need to speak English to be a citizen?

Old 08-31-2008, 06:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hard to believe Deleware of all places would have an illegal alien problem..
Bordering Maryland is basically a sanctuary state for illegals and has a growing population of them so it can't be much of a surprise that nearby DE or even VA is having problems with them.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
looks like someone had an ax to grind with BK.... seems they could find the same in all our restaurants here in Orlando, be it Chinese, Mexican or otherwise. Why look at only BK? Now with all the fines it looks like the American restaurant(assuming a franchise) may not survive. Their profit margin can not sustain a loss like that I bet. Guess the legals lose too. From a Native American perspective I guess all that aren't Native American are illegals too.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:39 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
looks like someone had an ax to grind with BK.... seems they could find the same in all our restaurants here in Orlando, be it Chinese, Mexican or otherwise. Why look at only BK? Now with all the fines it looks like the American restaurant(assuming a franchise) may not survive. Their profit margin can not sustain a loss like that I bet. Guess the legals lose too. From a Native American perspective I guess all that aren't Native American are illegals too.
Exactly how far back in time do you want to go? At some point people walked across a land/ice bridge. Does that matter now? No.

Since Illegal Aliens come from all corners of the planet and speak up to 50 different languages it would be rather silly to list all 50 on phone voice recordings now wouldn't it?

Press 1 for Spanish
Press 2 for Madarin
Press 3 for Hindi/Urdu
Press 4 for Portuguese
and so on and so on..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration