U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly. I see a pattern forming. A pro-illegal will pick one article out of 200,000 and find one petty reason in a lame attempt to discredit the content of the story. It is also a ploy of distraction in order to hijack the thread.

These efforts are in lieu of the failed ritual of "ganging up on the poster" tactics.

I guess AMC never bothers to click on the link to see that the articles do NOT originate from WND. They are redistributed from various media sources such as: The Weekly Standard, The Associated Press and some even come from the illegal alien loving LA Times.
You usually get articles from respected news sources and give your own spin on it. Give your...colorful commentary on it.
Other times, you post articles from stupid nativist cites that use the same language you do.
Im against citing the latter as a source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2008, 03:57 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You usually get articles from respected news sources and give your own spin on it. Give your...colorful commentary on it.
Other times, you post articles from stupid nativist cites that use the same language you do.
Im against citing the latter as a source.
Point taken, duly noted. However, since there are no restrictions with regard to the use of sources of information, I will continue to post articles that I think are of interest to the majority of posters on this boards. That is unless, of course the moderator of this forum is opposed to my doing so.

Because I am an American, it is my birth right to exercise freedom of speech and free will. You can always choose to ignore the information I post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:20 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Point taken, duly noted. However, since there are no restrictions with regard to the use of sources of information, I will continue to post articles that I think are of interest to the majority of posters on this boards. That is unless, of course the moderator of this forum is opposed to my doing so.

Because I am an American, it is my birth right to exercise freedom of speech and free will. You can always choose to ignore the information I post.
And with that same amendment, I can always criticize it if I feel its unfair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And with that same amendment, I can always criticize it if I feel its unfair.
It would be better for your argument if you could prove it wrong, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
It would be better for your argument if you could prove it wrong, though.
Yes it would. However, it's pretty hard to disprove the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And with that same amendment, I can always criticize it if I feel its unfair.
Duh . . as if that needed to be said You are addressing me as if I'm some arrogant illegal alien from Mexico who thinks I am entitled to the same rights and privileges of every American, including but not limited to only obeying laws that suit/benefit me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:29 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes it would. However, it's pretty hard to disprove the truth.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 65,253,264 times
Reputation: 22270
Well, here's one from a local news source where a rape took place:

Man charged in Oct. sexual assault of girl | InsideNova.com

And we had a illegal serial rapist here in CLT . . . but the only references I can find now (the archives from the Charlotte Observer say - page expired) are from the very sources that are being put down. However, I know the story to be true and at one time, our newspaper DID have the stories online.

So what is one to do to pull up articles?

Here is the one that was in the Charlotte Observer, but I now can only pull up off Free Republic.

Police accuse man of being serial rapist (illegal)

I would hate to think someone would doubt this story b/c they don't like the only source I could find to pull it up . . . you will note the Charlotte Observer is credited at the top, and I followed this story closely so I know it to be true.

My point is . . . just b/c someone thinks these online news tracking sites are "not the best journalism," it doesn't mean they are incorrect or invalid - especially when the story came from another news source to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes it would. However, it's pretty hard to disprove the truth.
What do you want me to do? Go report on the scene?

Stop being a hypocrite, when you criticize the "MSM" so much yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2008, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Duh . . as if that needed to be said You are addressing me as if I'm some arrogant illegal alien from Mexico who thinks I am entitled to the same rights and privileges of every American, including but not limited to only obeying laws that suit/benefit me.
Oh Mom you kill me and I love you for it. I here by give JDubsmom a military call sign. Hense forth I shall refer to her as pitbull because she does like to fight and once she latches on she won't let go. A woman after my heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top